InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Are You? ❯ Chapter Sixteen: Wish ( Chapter 16 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Sixteen
Wish
 
I looked at the completed Shikon Jewel, holding it between two fingers as I debated with myself on what to do with it. So much had happened because of this small thing. Lives had been wasted and lost hunting it down and trying to keep it or obtain it. All of that… for something so small I could hold it in the palm of my hand. Jaken was staring at me, watching me in awe. That wasn't unusual for him. He revered me as if I were a god. Little did he know that I was more of a goddess. He had known that I had no interest in the Shikon no Tama, so he was probably wondering why I had it to begin with. Rin didn't really care. She was just glad I was back after leaving them for such a long time. Besides, she probably didn't know what this was. To her, it probably just looked like a smooth, polished bit of pink jewel. But this was much more than that.
Finally, Jaken asked me one of the many questions he had. I suppose my facial expression (that of deep thought) had kept him silent all this time, but he could bear it no longer. “Did you defeat Inuyasha?”
I glanced at him. I had expected a question about the jewel. “Yes.”
Jaken looked positively gleeful. He spouted off about me for a solid ten minutes, which basically entailed how wonderful I am and horrifying things like that—things that I really could have lived quite contentedly without ever hearing again. However, I said nothing, and let him ramble to a stop on his own. I really didn't like the sound of his voice, but after a while, you learn to tune it out. He finally stopped, then started babbling about, basically, how I felt about Inuyasha (which had become his opinions, as well) and how the hanyou had deserved the death. Now, he asked me for details, anxiously looking at me with that idiotic, hopeful look on his amphibious face.
I cut off his head.”
Jaken applauded happily. Rin just frowned. She didn't really understand why I hated Inuyasha so much, but I supposed she didn't really care that much either. Jaken launched into another obnoxious peal about my glory. I had a desire to knock him into silence, but that would involve moving toward him, or throwing something at him—both of which required more effort than Jaken was worth. So, I let him ramble again and he finally fell silent. He looked at the Shikon no Tama in my hand.
“Sesshomaru-sama, what's that?” Rin asked, crawling onto my lap, peering at it.
“It is the Shikon no Tama.”
She blinked. “What is it, though?”
“Stupid girl!” Jaken snapped. He was coming dangerously close to being kicked. “The Shikon no Tama is the combination of four souls. It's said that it will grant anyone their wish.”
“Is it real?” Rin wondered.
“Of course it's real!”
Rin frowned again. “No, I mean the legend.”
Jaken paused. “Yes,” he decided. He didn't really know that for a fact though. Jaken was the idiot, here, not Rin. Rin was just a human child. Jaken was older than I am, and he is a demon. He really has no excuse for being such an idiot. Rin would be dead in about forty years, at the most. I could almost smell death on her, it was so close. It didn't really seem fair. “So, Sesshomaru-sama, did you defeat Naraku as well?” I only nodded. He spouted off again. I ignored him.
I turned the jewel, watching it catch the moonlight. Any wish?
What did I desire?
I thought of all of the problems I had in life. I could fix them. Could I turn back time? Likely not. But I could do what I could now. I shifted the jewel again, watching the moonlight reflect off of its polished surface. Being a man… That would be ideal. And if it could change a hanyou into a full-blooded demon, then it should be able to do that for me.
Or, maybe… I wanted my father to accept me, but I doubted that the Shikon Jewel could do that. I had to wish for something that was within reason, at least.
But… what?
*****
Author's Note:
I'm considering the following:
Sesshomaru makes Rin immortal, as seeing her grow old and die is too sad.
Sesshomaru gets to be a guy!
Sesshomaru discovers she's pregnant and one of the above two things happens later.
Odds are, it'll be C, but I can't decide between A and B. I think, B is more likely, but what's your opinion?