InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Are You? ❯ Chapter Eighteen: Part A & B ( Chapter 18 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Eighteen: Part A
Flea Flees
 
A lone figure walked over to the broken sword, and looked down at it with the sadness of one who had worked hard to make something only to have it destroyed. The sun's dying rays framed his frail-looking form. Sesshomaru had destroyed everything her father had desired. The figure just hoped that she was proud of herself.
Inuyasha was dead now. Inutaisho must be turning in his grave at the thought of the older, passionless child destroying the one who saw meaning in life. Why did things end up this way? Why did the child more deserving of life die?
The figure was frightened, though. What if Sesshomaru was still angry with him? He had better go in to hiding for a few centuries. Maybe go to the mainland… A flea demon hopped up on his shoulder.
This is bad,” Myoga commented, sounding like he was in a near panic.
Totosai looked at Myoga. “Very bad,” he agreed. “Tensaiga will have absorbed the power of Tetsusaiga. Combined with Tokijin…”
“No one is safe!” Myoga squealed. “Totosai, Sesshomaru may come after you for not forging him a sword! We must flee!”
He considered, but he didn't have to think about it long. Sesshomaru had defeated Inuyasha, his friends, and Naraku—all in the same day. Surely, now she was unstoppable? He nodded once. “Japan isn't safe for us any more, so long as Sesshomaru is alive.”
“We'll have to leave until either Sesshomaru matures enough to get over a… er, few petty disputes, or dies. The latter is more likely.” Myoga hopped anxiously along Totosai's shoulder. “We have no time to waste! Sesshomaru could already be looking for us!” Totosai readily agreed to that as well, and they wasted no time in fleeing Japan for their lives.
*****
Chapter Eighteen: Part B
Comic Relief
 
Inuyasha was utterly confused. He had always imagined hell to be sort of flamey and frightening, and such, because his father's grave site had certainly been an eerie enough place. However, this place was exactly the opposite. There was a red light district, a long line of unnecessary bars, bathhouses, and other things that dead people really didn't need but had been luxuries in the world of the living. The weirdest bit was that no one seemed to particularly care about if they were youkai, human, or hanyou. Basically, the entire place was a relaxing kind of paradise. It was rather surprising, and definitely bland to Inuyasha's tastes. But what was the currency? Past deeds, of course. Once you used them all up, you were reincarnated again.
Bad deeds and good deeds counted as the same. Basically, it was about how much he had accomplished in your life. He was going to be here for a long time, wasn't he? He supposed he could go on a major spending spree and get reincarnated as quickly as possible. However the hell that worked. Ha. Hell. That could take a while though, considering how long his father had been here.
His father…! He could finally meet him! He sniffed the air, trying to pick up something like a dog demon. But, because everyone was dead, scents were only barely there to begin with. No one moved like they were in a hurry; they had an eternity if they wished it.
“Lecher!”
Sango and Miroku? He followed the sound. Miroku had been trying (and failing) to enter the red light district. Sango was dragging him away. They both stopped. “Inuyasha?” she wondered.
“Oh, did Naraku get you too?”
Inuyasha looked away. “No…”
“Stop blaming me for everything!” Naraku yelled, walking up behind them.
“It's your fault we're here!” Shippo yelled back, jumping on Miroku's shoulder. His parents were with Shippo. That was good anyway… It seemed that they had all lost any kind of fear for anything. It wasn't like they could really be hurt anyway.
“If it weren't for you, then we would still be alive.”
“A lot of people would be alive,” a random demon hissed. It appeared that Naraku had a lot of enemies down here, for they all seemed to be crowding around him in an ominous mass. Naraku looked nervous.
“Eh…” he said, then ran for his afterlife. The ominous mass followed him, while accumulating more souls in the crowd. Apparently, Naraku was going to spend his entire afterlife being chased by vengeful souls. It wasn't like he didn't deserve it, though. Inuyasha just blinked.
“Hey, have you, er… Seen…” Inuyasha began to say, then stopped.
“Inuyasha!” Kagome screeched. “You too?”
“Yeah, who killed you, Inuyasha?”
This was terribly embarrassing. “Eh… Um…” he stuttered. He looked around, but there was no escape. “It was just…” He really didn't want to admit this. Should he just make something up? What was more embarrassing—telling the truth, or saying he and Naraku killed each other? Of course, Naraku would tell the truth, so… Hmm. Well, what a dilemma. Because he didn't know what to do, he did what he is most used to doing when confronted with something he wanted to avoid—he turned to run off (as there was nothing to attack), but ran right into Jakotsu. Oh, gods… Anyone but him… He had never before encountered such an utterly annoying opponent. At least all of his other opponents hadn't tried to seduce him…
“Inuyasha!” he squealed with glee and “glomped” him. Despite his best efforts, Inuyasha found that the dead ningen's grip was like iron and he could not dislodge him. To his surprise, it was Bankotsu who ripped him off. Bankotsu looked angry—very angry. He looked up at his leader. “Of course, I like you too, Bankotsu-kun.”
Bankotsu grabbed Jakotsu and started pulling him away against his will. Jakotsu got away from him and ran back to Inuyasha, this time controlling himself enough not to tackle him again. “You died! You gotta tell me how it ended! Give me all the juicy details!” he said in his distinctly feminine voice, eyes shining.
Bankotsu tolerated this mildly. “Hey, how did you die?” he wondered.
Why was everyone suddenly so curious? Why did they all have this insane desire to know? He took a step back, then another. “Inuyasha, just tell us!” Kagome snapped. She wanted to say “sit” but they were in hell, and… Well, you get it.
Inuyasha, seeing no escape, bowed his head in shame. “Sesshomaru killed me.”
“Sesshomaru…?” Then Jakotsu remembered who that was. “Oh! So… Tell me how!”
Inuyasha couldn't take it any more and bolted. Jakotsu tried to run after him in an obsessive compulsive manner, but Bankotsu jealously hauled him backwards and pulled him away, in the other direction. Kagome started to go after him, then shrugged. She could always find him later. They had all the time in the world, after all.
“Inu.. yasha?” he heard someone say. He froze, one foot in the air. He turned in the direction of the voice and thought he may fall over. It was his father, with Izayoi hanging off of his arm. “What… happened?”
Inuyasha glared at him. “Your daughter cut off my head,” he growled.
Inotaisho had such a sour look on his face that Inuyasha could almost taste it. “Sesshomaru…” he said through gritted teeth. “I'll… I don't know.”
Well, on the bright side, Inuyasha could now get to know his father.
****
Hiya! I've been trying to decide what to happen to Sesshomaru next:
Makes Rin immortal with the Shikon Jewel.
Turns into a guy with the Shikon Jewel.
Is pregnant and does either A or B.
So, C will probably happen, so do you think I should do A or B? I'm thinking of B…