InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Are You? ❯ Chapter 24 Alternate ( Chapter 30 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Twenty-FourAlternate
??
 
We were almost to my palace. Rin was catching on that something was wrong, but she wouldn't figure it out by herself until it was obvious that I was pregnant, or maybe if something happened… I didn't really want to think about that right now though.
She was still asleep. In fact, as usual, I was the only one awake. Rin had once asked me if I ever slept. The truth was that I did, only before it had been very rarely. Now, I just woke up early. I needed sleep so much more than I had before all this.
I stretched. I wanted a bath… I probably had time to bathe before the others woke up. The sky was still that grayish midnight blue color that came before the sun had risen. I got up and wandered to find the stream nearby. I found a semi-secluded area, undressed and got in. I enjoyed the cold water more than repelled it. I sunk down into the water. It was really too early for this in spring. In fact, I shouldn't be going into cold water at all right now, in my “condition. But here I was.
I felt my nipples harden. I crossed my arms over my breasts, stubbornly refusing to get out of the water. I sunk down lower, instead. The hair on the back of my neck rose. My toes were going numb already.
Good.
Numb was good. I was tired of thinking; tired of stressing myself out over the child and Naraku, and people just finding out everything. I wanted to be numb.
I submerged into the water and stayed there.
It felt like pinpricks all over my body. The water flowing over me was almost painful. I refused to surface. I wanted to stay there until I was numb. Completely numb. Numb to everything.
It was so cold.
I felt sick again, and it felt good.
My lungs couldn't take it any more. I ignored their screams for air, refusing to surface. I wanted to be numb. I could still feel.
I suppose I lost consciousness, because the next thing I knew, I was being pulled out of the water. The wind made me shiver and I automatically moved towards the warmest thing nearby—the one who had pulled me out.
“Are you trying to kill yourself?” an angry voice demanded, wrapping its arms around me and pulling me close.
I shivered and buried my face in the garments, too cold to open my eyes. I couldn't feel my hands and feet, and the tips of my ears were numb as well. My lips were probably blue. Why was it so damn cold? “N-no,” I murmured. It was difficult, and I hate to fight to keep my teeth from chattering.
“Then what were you thinking, baka?”
Who would have the audacity to insult me? I finally forced my eyes open and looked up, as I was still too dazed and cold to distinguish scents right now. “Naraku?”
It was Naraku. He was holding me close, getting soaked himself, and looking very angry at me. “Who else?” he demanded.
Well, that was all right then. If it were him. Anyone else, and I would have been angry. “No one,” I breathed, leaning in toward him. I was tired suddenly. I wanted a warm bath and a real bed. “You always seem to come… when I'm naked.”
“This time, it wasn't on purpose.”
“You're a pervert,” I muttered. I was falling asleep in his arms. I liked that, for some reason—that I was falling asleep, and he was holding me. He swore. Why was he swearing? I was a bit confused. I closed my eyes.
When I opened my eyes again, I was somewhere warm. I looked about me. I was sitting in a steaming bath. Naraku was half-naked, leaning over me as he tried to work the feeling back into my hands and feet. He still looked angry.
I closed my eyes again. “Thank… you.”
“You're an idiot,” he repeated. “Who the fuck jumps in a river, naked, in this weather, so early in the morning?”
“This Sesshomaru does.
He glared at me. “Baka.”
As my body began to feel again, it was painful, but at the same time, it was what I wanted. The numbness had faded. Life had come to me again, but it was not so much the numbness, but the fading of that numbness I desired. To not think for a time, and then to let it fade away felt good.
I suddenly grabbed both of his arms and pulled myself upwards, pushing my lips against his. It was a reversal of roles. He was the one too stunned to say or do anything—including kiss me back. I pulled away and leaned back in to the water. My hands were still on his arms and I hauled him down into the water. He was plunged into it with splash and gasp of surprise. He sat up, dripping wet and looking like he had half a mind to dump me back in the river he had pulled me out of. Well, I would have to change his mind.
I lunged toward him, wrapping my arms around him and kissed him. I brought him down into the water again. I kept him down, pinning him there and kissing him, until my lungs couldn't take it any more. I let us both up. We gasped for air even as we both refused to relinquish the other's lips.
I intertwined my fingers with his unruly black hair, pulling him down on me, back into the water again. I wrapped my legs around his waist. I opened my eyes. He needed air again—quite desperately. He was trying to pull me up. I kept him down for a while longer, before I allowed him to pull the both of us up again. I released his lips so we could breathe. Once I caught my breath, I pushed my face against his neck.
I trailed my tongue along his neck, collecting the little water droplets on my tongue. He moaned when I ran my tongue over his collarbone. My hands fell back into the water, tugging anxiously at his soaked garments suggestively. I abruptly stopped and pushed him back under the water and tore off his clothing. I let him get up on his own as I tossed the most likely ruined clothing over the side of the tub.
I looked back at him. Delicious. And mine.
I pounced on him again. Some of the water splashed over the side. I attacked his mouth with mine. I ran my tongue over his teeth and they parted for me. I once more wrapped my legs around him. I grabbed his erection and positioned myself. I felt his hands gently on my hips, pulling me down on him—slowly. I gasped, flinching in pain. Why did it still hurt?
But the pain was only very brief this time. I felt my back hit the side of the tub—hard. I grunted against his mouth, my fingers digging into his shoulders. He suddenly pulled away. He grasped my necklace. I looked at him, a bit confused. He slowly pulled it off of me and set it down outside the tub.
“I want to hear your real voice,” he breathed.
“Naraku…” I whispered, then my voice turned into a harsh demand. “Fuck me.”
“As if you have to tell me,” he sneered. My retort was whisked away with a soft moan.
 
*****
 
Naraku pulled away from me. I pulled my legs back together and leaned back into the now very dirty water. I started to get up, but found that my legs didn't want to move. In fact, I couldn't get up.
I rolled my head to look at him. I needed to get back to Rin and Jaken. They would be worried. “Naraku?” I said. He looked at me. I smirked. “You have to take me back now.”
His eyes narrowed. “You can fly. Why don't you go back yourself?”
I looked at him innocently. “But I don't know where we are right now. And besides… It's your fault that I can't move.”
“Don't pull that act. It doesn't suit you.”
I blinked. “What act?” Why did I feel all fuzzy and weird after sex? I wanted to be playful and coy afterwards. And I was not a playful or coy individual. I suppose… No, what I really wanted was to see if he would. That's what I told myself anyway, and it was true. I did want to see if he would take me. I was measuring how much control I had over the hanyou.
He rolled his eyes. “I can't believe this is you.”
“You have to take me,” I repeated, my tone becoming less playful and more me. “You see, I can't walk. And it is your fault that this is so.”
A smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he looked at me. “Is that so?”
“Yes.”
He leaned back in the water, closing his eyes. “Then I suppose you're trapped here with me.”
Fine, I still didn't have as much control as I had hoped. I sighed and tried to stand again, leaning against the side of the tub for support. My legs were all shaky, threatening to buckle. I picked up my necklace and put it back on, pulling my hair out of the way. I let my hair fall back against my back, plastering itself to my skin again.
“Are you really going to leave--again?”
I looked back over my shoulder. He had turned around to look at me. “Of course.”
He looked less than pleased. “But…”
I had gone back to getting dressed. So much easier with two arms. It really was a luxury that everyone took advantage of. I was still shaky, but it was beginning to wear off. I tied my obi, still a bit gleeful at how easy it was. (You would be too, you know.)
Naraku sighed deeply. I glanced at him. He was sulking. He glared at me from the corners of his eyes. I decided to ignore him and stuck my swords back in my obi. “Why won't you stay with me?” he demanded.
I looked at him flatly. “I see no reason why I should.”
…”
I cocked my head to the side. “You only want me here so you can fuck me.”
At that, he shot to his feet, furious for a moment, then calmed. He closed his eyes, then opened them again. “No.”
I picked up my armor. “Hm.” I put on mokomoko-sama and looked at him briefly. I turned away again and marched out the door.
“Wait,” he said. I looked over my shoulder at him. “Don't go. I love…”
I shut the door, but didn't leave. I didn't understand why he loved me. It was probably just lust—similar to how I felt about him. I sighed, opened the door, and stepped back inside. “How can you love someone you don't even know?”
He blinked. “I do know you.” I was intrigued. He claimed he knew me? “I know that you're vain, prideful, arrogant, strong… beautiful.” But everyone knew that. He averted eye contact. “I also know that, despite the front you put up, you can be very insecure and indecisive.”
I blinked. How… the hell… could he know that? But my face remained expressionless. “What makes you believe that?”
He looked at me. “A part of manipulating others is knowing how they will behave, thus I am also… perceptive. You are insecure in that you parade as a man, which makes you feel more secure.” True. I let him continue. “I discovered that you were indecisive when you came to me the first time.”
“It would seem I have few redeeming qualities, then. So what is left of me to love?” I hissed. “Besides my body, that is.”
“Your strength, your grace, your intelligence, your passion, your resolve… There is a lot, actually.” He rose from the water again and climbed out, his hair plastered to his back and face. “Stay with me.”
I turned away again. “There is no reason for me to.” I left this time.