InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What doesn't kill us makes us stronger? ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Kagome had finally managed to drag her body over the top of the cliff. It took most of the day. She was tired, hungry and wanted to just go home. She would kill for a hot bath. Sitting on the edge, she stared back down. Knowing someone had to have saved her from her fate. She wished she could thank them.
The eyes had been watching her all day. He watched as her human body climbed the narrow path that ran along the cliff winding its way to the top. She was bruised and bleeding from a few scrapes. He felt guilty again. He stayed to make sure she made it back to the top without falling again, this time by accident. He could not believe the strength if this petite mortal girl. He knew she had to be tired and hungry. He felt the now familiar pang of guilt. How had something a simple as a game turned into such a headache? He was considering making a fire in the forest and leaving some meat by it making sure she would eat and possibly rest. When he became aware of something familiar in the woods the deceased miko, Inuyasha, and they are together.
Kagome got up and started walking in the direction she hoped the village was. She felt it then, Inuyasha's aura. After being together for a few years, she had learned how to sense him when he was close enough. She couldn't help it but she also had a sinking feeling too. She let her power lead her. She would find Inuyasha and make him take her back to the village. He wasn't all that far away so she would be ok soon enough. Her stomach growled. "Gee, am I hungry."
When Kikyo sensed the younger miko coming towards them she called to Inuyasha. "Wait just for a moment or two. I want to spend just a few more minutes together. The battle with Naraku is coming soon and our remaining time is short. We should just take a few moments to say goodbye before the battle and our trip to Hell."
Inuyasha thought this was what he had been waiting for. Kikyo is showing her true feelings, if he had only realized that Kagome was heading his way. Kikyo knew and this was her way to hurt her reincarnation, how good it felt to wound that smiling little wench. She held open her arms for Inuyasha and he fell into them without hesitating. Kagome was close she could feel him stronger now, and yet she felt the aura of something else. Actually two something else's. One was the aura from the night before but with Inuyasha so close, she wasn't worried about it. The other aura was also familiar and it gave her the creeps. She felt Inuyasha just beyond the next few trees, she wasn't prepared for what she saw. Inuyasha was standing there holding a very naked Kikyo. Kikyo timed it perfectly just as Kagome came into sight Kikyo pressed her lips to Inuyasha's and then told him she could not wait until they could make love again. Kagome could feel her heart ripping from her chest and then Kikyo smiled at her and that was far crueler. Not thinking about the other aura, she ran back in the forest right in the grasp of the demon that had chased her the night before. Not that she would even care at this point. It hurt too much to care about anything.
The eyes had seen the whole ordeal, he had followed knowing that Inuyasha and the dead miko were together. He did not anticipate that the dead miko would be nude or that her heart was so filled with hate toward the living girl that she would plan this. Kagome was the only concern now. He chased after her allowing his aura to be felt. Hoping she would recognize it and not be frightened even further away for him. Again the pang of guilt. He could not help but feel sorry for the girl. Had he not chased her she would have never had to see Inuyasha in such a compromising situation. This was not supposed to happen. Neither the guilt nor the concern. What was it about her that affects him this way?
Kagome was sobbing and running when she felt it, a very powerful aura she knew this aura.
"Lovely this is all I need right now." She stopped, turned and waited crying. "I guess today is a good day to die."