InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What doesn't kill us makes us stronger? ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Inuyasha had seen her but it was too late. "Kagome." He whispered. But, she was already gone. Inuyasha let go of Kikyo and turned to follow Kagome. Kikyo wouldn't let go of him.
 
"Inuyasha she is gone. Let her go and think about what she has seen then she will accept the fact that you don't love her."
 
"I can't Kikyo. I love her too. Not the way I love you but I still love her. I didn't want her to get hurt. I should have been honest. Now it is too late." Kikyo was angry how he could stand there and say he loved Kagome when she was just a copy of the original. How dare he compare them? She wished for Kagome's death. That little bitch would never interfere again and she would make sure of it. She thought carefully before she spoke.
 
"Inuyasha if you must go after her then go. I will wait for you to return to me. Explain to her what ever you like. However, know this I will not be second place to Kagome. I was the one who you promised to love and protect first. You cost me my life. You owe me. I own your life no one will have it, not Kagome, not Naraku. I and I alone will take you to hell."
 
Inuyasha knew she was right he had promised her first. Still he did love Kagome and he promised her too, he had thought Kikyo dead and she had been. He was so confused. So, without thinking he started to run towards where Kagome had disappeared into the forest, yelling to Kikyo over his shoulder.
 
"I'll be back I just have to make her listen, to see I made a mistake not telling her. I'll fix it. I'll fix everything." He hopped from limb to limb trying to find her scent. "KAGOME!" he yelled and then he thought this wasn't his fault entirely.
 
"Stupid wench she should have stayed home like she was suppose to." Kikyo stood there watching him go after her only rival planning her next move.
 
"I will go to Naraku he will help to destroy Kagome out of his lust for me he will help."
 
 
 
Naraku smiled as he gazed into the void girl's mirror.
 
"Now isn't this interesting I never knew what a slut that Kikyo is. Mmmm, and Kagome so sweet, so innocent, so torn apart. I have been waiting for this chance. Separated her from her friends and her heart is broken she will be so easy to manipulate. With the right words and a few kind gestures, I can make her mine. She will see that I could love her too, and then when she finally gives herself over to me I will slit her beautiful throat"
 
His evil laughter could chill a corpse.
 
"Kanna, keep an eye on the girl and if she gets close to her friends let me know I want to make sure they don't find her before I can bring her here."
 
 
 
In the shadows, Kagura had listened to his entire rant over the young miko. She knew if he got his hands on her, things would deteriorate quickly. Kikyo had power but Kagome had more than just her power. Kikyo's power was fading with the coldness that was creeping into her undead heart. Kagura knew her freedom lay in the hands of Kagome and Inuyasha's group. Sesshomaru had never seemed interested in helping her get free even when she had giving him such useful information. Not to mention the she had practically threw herself at him. Kagura knew she had only one choice, only one chance. Keep Kagome away from Naraku at all costs. If Kagome dies then she might as well die too. That was not going to happen. With a flick of her wrist, Kagura's giant feather carried her off in search of the girl.
 
 
 
Miroku, Sango and Shippo flew above Inuyasha's forest looking for any sign of Kagome or Inuyasha. They were surprised to see Inuyasha's red form sailing thorough the tops of the trees.
 
"Inuyasha!" Miroku called. "Have you seen Kagome? We fear something bad may have happened to her. She came to the village yesterday and when she went out for some air last night she never returned."
 
Sango could tell by the look on Inuyasha's face the something was wrong. They landed in a small clearing and Inuyasha gave them the unpleasant details. Sango was very angry. Shippo yelled at Inuyasha calling him a jerk and telling him how stupid he was. Miroku was impressed that he had kept it a secret for so long but he was also upset that Kagome had been injured by his foolishness and dishonesty. After it was all out in the open, they continued their search for Kagome. Inuyasha felt like an idiot and he should.
 
 
 
"Master Jaken I have flowers for you."
 
"Rin shut up you foolish girl. I am waiting for Lord Sesshomaru."
 
"Jaken I am going to look for food."
 
"Fine you weak human do what you like."
 
He whines in his head. Oh Lord Sesshomaru, where are you?
 
"Jaken, would you like to come with me?"
 
Jaken pictured Lord Sesshomaru "Jaken if anything happens to Rin I will kill you."
 
Rin had already started walking away. "Rin you filthy human wait for meee!"
 
Sesshomaru's two-headed dragon snorted and followed its two incredibly loud companions.
 
 
 
Kagome stood somewhere in the middle of Inuyasha's forest and in the middle of a break down. How do I get myself into these situations? She braced herself waiting for him to come, the dignified ruler of the western lands Lord Sesshomaru. How she wished she hadn't even gotten out of bed yesterday morning. Sweating palms, speeding heart and hoping she didn't pee her pants out of fear and then she saw him. How could someone so remarkably attractive be so utterly frozen hearted? Lord Sesshomaru gracefully walked out of the shadows headed right toward Kagome gazing intensely. A chill ran down Kagome's spine. He stopped a breath away from her face and looked directly in her eyes. Kagome was frightened but at the same time captivated by his presence. His gaze was so unyielding she thought he was looking directly into her soul. If he were kinder, warmer she could have defiantly been attracted to him. She could feel her heart speeding up. Then he did the unthinkable "I owe you an apology miko." Her head whirled, her heart fluttered, and she stumbled. Right into the embrace of her enemy.