InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What doesn't kill us makes us stronger? ❯ Chapter 8 ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sesshomaru had thought about what the wind witch had said. It made sense that Inuyasha would not go after the miko. He had such a temper and could hold a grudge for a long time. Even if the girl had never been anything but loving toward him, Inuyasha would turn his back on her in a second if he believed she betrayed him. Kagome would not be safe with Naraku was also true. Had she no one else who would rescue her. Why had things become so complicated? Sesshomaru already knew what he must do, he would have to save the miko. She was alone now partly because of his kiss and the fact that Inuyasha was a complete idiot. She had somehow become his responsibility. Planning as he followed Kagura's trail he thought about Rin. He had saved Rin and she followed him everywhere now. At least she was loyal for a human that was a rarity. Would it be the same with the miko? Would he really mind if she decided to travel with him instead of Inuyasha?
 
 
 
After what Kagura had heard the night before she decided that she couldn't wait for Sesshomaru to follow the trail she had left. She didn't know that he had already chosen to save the miko. She would go to Inuyasha and his group. If they knew, what is really going on maybe they would help her. She made her way to the village where she had heard Inuyasha was last seen.
 
 
 
"Kohaku, how did you escape from Naraku?" Sango questioned her younger brother.
 
"The girl, Kagome she freed me and got Naraku to take away the wind tunnel from the monk's hand. She agreed to go with Naraku in exchange for those two requests. He had met her in the forest she was crying about Inuyasha and about something, Sesshomaru had done to her. It was hard to hear them but I think she feels that everyone believes she betrayed Inuyasha. I know Naraku was waiting for this, planning it, he knew about Kikyo and Inuyasha long before Kagome did. Sesshomaru was just a surprising twist to the whole plot, it had amused Naraku to see the look on Inuyasha's face when he walked up and saw Sesshomaru kissing Kagome."
 
Sango took a breath and continued. "Do you think Sesshomaru was involved with Naraku in anyway?" Kohaku shook his head.
 
"No, Naraku was just as surprised as Kagome when Sesshomaru kissed her. He did find it interesting how upset Inuyasha got about the kiss since he had been sleeping with Kikyo behind Kagome's back."
 
Sango smiled a little. "Did you hear that Inuyasha? Kagome was surprised when Sesshomaru kissed her, you were wrong she hadn't been seeing him like you thought. I knew she would never betray you."
 
Inuyasha walked away from the others, if was wrong about Kagome and Sesshomaru had just kissed her to piss him off Kagome was in great danger and it is his fault. He felt afraid for Kagome now that he has found out she is with Naraku and not Sesshomaru. This is bad. Damn that Kagome how does she always end up in the worst trouble. He knows why though, it is because she was with him.
 
 
 
Kagura approached the village and landed her feather close to the Demon slayer and the monk. "I am not here to fight. I thought you might like to know that Kagome is with Naraku and she won't ever be the same again he has done things to her. Inuyasha has turned his back on her and Sesshomaru played into Naraku's plan without even knowing. She went with Naraku willingly not knowing what he had planned for her. He will make her his bride then he plans to kill her. Kagome might not even live through the next day." Miroku stepped toward Kagura. "You need to tell us what exactly has happened to Kagome."
 
"I won't tell you monk, I will tell the demon slayer though." Sango looked confused but then realized how bad things must really be. "Kagura, let's go for a short walk and you can tell me what has happened to Kagome. I will tell Miroku and Inuyasha whatever I feel they need to hear but, I am sure I won't need to tell them everything." Kagura nodded as they walked away she whispered to Sango. "It's bad, he has already done horrifying things to the girl. He beat her until she fell unconscious. That was only after he raped her anally. He plans to take her fully tonight. He is poisoning her food so she can fight back or use her power to defend herself. He will kill her. Not yet, he wants to break her first and he's close. I know what he did will eat her up inside unless you help her soon. I have to leave before Naraku realizes I'm gone." Kagura almost looked sad as she floated away.
 
 
 
"How do I tell the others? This is terrible poor Kagome. They have to know everything." Sango was overwhelmed as she walked over to Miroku.
 
"I don't even know where to start. This far worse than we could have ever considered. He... He..." She sobbed and tried to finish. "She isn't dead. She might wish she was he took her last night after she had been drugged. He raped her and beat her. Tonight he plans to finish what he started, then kill her. I can't tell Inuyasha would you do it Miroku."
 
Miroku was stunned. He reached for Sango's hand and told her he would tell Inuyasha then went off to find him. Shippo approached Sango slowly.
 
"Sango, is Kagome alright? I mean, are we going to be able to save her?"
 
Tears had started to form in his eyes when Sango started her explanation.
 
"Shippo, I won't lie to you. Kagome is in a bad place right now and when we get her back, she might be different. We will get her back. I want you to know she will need sometime to get back to being her old self again and we just have to be there for her. No matter what Shippo." Sango wondered if Kagome would ever be her old self again, after what she has been through and it made her sad for her sister.
 
 
 
"Inuyasha, we need to talk about Kagome. It is very important you listen to all I have to say before you act. We have to plan our next move carefully for Kagome's sake." Miroku waited for Inuyasha to start yelling, but when Inuyasha replied it was almost a whisper.
 
"I know I said some bad things to Kagome. I was so jealous when I saw her with Sesshomaru, I guess that's how she must have felt every time I went to Kikyo. I should have been honest with her. Now she's in trouble again and I know it's my fault."
 
"Inuyasha, you have no idea how much trouble Kagome is really in. That's why I'm here to talk to you. Right after you left Kagura came to us, she came on Kagome's behalf. She told us Kagome doesn't have much time. Naraku assaulted Kagome last night. He beat her viciously and raped her. He is saving killing her for tonight. She won't survive. Naraku has already decided to kill her once he has taken her again. We don't have time to be angry for her we only have time to plan something to save her." Inuyasha's stomach churned, and he answered.
 
"Then let's go save Kagome."
 
 
 
As if the group didn't have enough to deal with, Kikyo made her appearance while, they were deliberating their attack and retrieval plan. Kikyo tried to get Inuyasha's attention but he told her they had other things to take care of before he could talk with her. Kikyo was infuriated to no end, this had been the second time she was turned away by someone who was suppose to love her. She wanted to know what was so important Inuyasha would just send her away. For that reason, she would stay and listen from a distance. What she heard made her mood change drastically. She was so happy to hear of Kagome's suffering all she could think of was how much she wanted to see it when Naraku ended Kagome's life. She would see it she would go back to the castle and watch Naraku end her only competitions' wretched existence. Maybe she would even watch the suffering he would inflict before killed Kagome, after all, it might be something entertaining to view. Naraku wouldn't deny her this time, he would almost certainly like it if Kikyo watched.