InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What doesn't kill us makes us stronger? ❯ Chapter 9 ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Morning had come and the sun dared to peek in Kagome's window. There she lay still as death, nude. Her dried blood caked in her hair, smeared on her once perfect skin. Now she was all black, blue and swollen where she had once been smooth, fair and porcelain. There wasn't one square centimeter of her body that didn't hurt. The drug had long since worn off but she still couldn't move. Pain and fear kept her glued to the spot. The sun should never shine again. She felt empty inside, he took a part of her she would never get it back. He planned on coming back for more, maybe this time he would kill her first.
 
The door slid open slowly Kagome felt her heart cease to beat for a fleeting second. Kagura walked in. Kagome was a little less frightened.
 
 
 
The sight if the miko was horrifying. Anyone who knew Kagome wouldn't recognize what lay on the bed in front of her it wasn't a girl it was something beyond words. Naraku had done things to Kagura but he never left her looking quite like this. What he has done to Kagome is beyond cruel torture this had gone so much further. Kagura turned around reached out into the hall and dragging in a large basin of warm water. She dragged the basin over to the bed.
 
"Kagome." She softly murmured. " I am here to help as much as I can. If you would let me I will help you get cleaned up and dressed." No response.
 
Kagura gently pulled Kagome to a sitting position. She dunked a white piece of cloth in the water and started with Kagome's arms. Kagome sat there silent, motionless her head hung down, and her matted hair hung in her face. Kagura rinsed the cloth and lifted Kagome's chin so she could wipe her face and neck, as cautiously as possible. She rinsed again and started to wash Kagome's back there was a great deal of bruising and so much blood. Kagura knew the girl needed food and water too she would make sure to sneak her some. She finished Kagome's back and moved down to do her legs. Kagome shed tears but made no sound. Kagura helped Kagome lay down on her back, pulled her to the edge of the bed so she can wash the once vibrant miko's hair. The water was an orange-red color with Kagome's blood in it. She dried Kagome's hair the best she could, moved her to one side of the bed so she could pull the bedding down on the other. The top blanket stank of blood, non-consensual sex and Naraku. Kagura would burn it. She had brought one of her own kimono for Kagome to wear, dressing her was like trying dressing a corpse. She tucked Kagome in as a mother would tuck in her own child. She bunched up the blanket stuffed it in the basin and left Kagome. Kagura was slowly learning that it isn't a heart that makes you have emotions it was your soul and this girl's suffering was touching her in ways she had never thought possible. Naraku may hold her heart but her soul could never be his.
 
 
 
Kagome lay in the bed staring at nothing she wanted to close her eyes and never wake up, it was impossible because every time she closed her eyes he was there, hovering over her. His eyes empty and cold, his hands all over her skin, his foul breath, the smell altogether indescribable. His voice speaking her name making it sound like a curse. The power he possessed to cut her then heal her was terrible. What would he do to her tonight? The thought sent a shiver down her spine. Please let me die before he returns was all she could think.
 
 
Kagura returned with some food and fresh water for Kagome. She sat on the edge of the bed and held the glass to Kagome's lips.
 
" I swear it's not poisoned, you really need to drink it." Kagome had half hoped it poisoned maybe enough so to kill her.
 
"I brought you some soup, I didn't think your stomach could handle anything heavier." Kagura put down the water, picked up the soup and again pressed it to Kagome's lips. "Please Kagome you have to try. What will you do when they come to rescue you if you have no strength to even stand?" She pressed again with the bowl and Kagome did take a tiny sip.
 
"No one is coming for me Kagura." Kagome dully stated. "Inuyasha has chosen Kikyo and I think she is just as evil as Naraku."
 
"What about Sesshomaru?" Kagura inquired curious about their relationship.
 
"Is that a joke Kagura? Sesshomaru doesn't care about me I was a way for him to infuriate Inuyasha nothing more, nothing less." Kagome's voice was so vacant of emotion it was scary, this girl had been a light for so many others now the light had gone.
 
"I think your wrong Kagome. I think someone will come. I wouldn't be surprised if Inuyasha even showed up."
 
Kagome hadn't even thought for a second Inuyasha would come but what if he did. She didn't want to stay here and she didn't really want to go with Inuyasha either. He had hurt her too. Kikyo was out to get her. That didn't really make things easier. Kagome really just wanted to go home, back to her own time, to her mother's arms. Five hundred years away from Naraku and Inuyasha. Home that's where she belonged. Kagura tried to get Kagome to eat more before she left her. Naraku had disappeared late last night and hadn't yet returned and for Kagome's sake, she hoped he wouldn't return for a while. Maybe one of Kagome's many friends had would come save her before Naraku had a chance to complete the destruction of her mind, body and spirit. At least at this point with some help, she might recover one day. Kagura had started to care what happened to Kagome and it made her anxious. Kagome wouldn't survive another attack.
 
 
 
Kagura left Kagome alone again and went to soar around in the sky above the castle. Flying always helped her think. She looked down and saw an unexpected visitor. She swooped down gracefully jumped from her feather just in front of their guest.
 
"Kikyo, what brings you to hell? Oh, that's right you belong here."
 
"Out of the way Kagura, I have business what your master."
 
"Well he's not here Kikyo."
 
Kikyo was perturbed. She turned and walked away. Kagura was glad she left, that dead priestess gave her the creeps.
 
 
 
 
Sesshomaru was getting close to Naraku's castle, he could smell Naraku and strangely, he could smell Inuyasha's dead lover. Sesshomaru tried to sense Kagome's aura reaching out with his energy he felt it, so faint. What could make her aura so weak? Naraku had done something to her. Sesshomaru turned into a blue ball of light a sped toward the castle only stopping and reverting back just before the gate. He stood unmoving and Kikyo stepped out of the shadows.
 
" What is your interest here Sesshomaru? Have you come to defeat Naraku?"
 
"Step aside."
 
"Come now Sesshomaru we are on the same side you and I. We both wish to see Naraku conquered. I want something else even more. I want the girl, dead."
 
"Step aside, Priestess." Kikyo was not impressed. She wasn't stupid either. She stepped aside and Sesshomaru walked past her and right through the castle gates. Kagura had seen it all. She knew this was Kagome's chance. Sesshomaru entered the castle leaving dead guards and servants in has wake. Kagura walked into the main hall.
 
"Are you here for Naraku or the girl?"
 
"The girl."
 
"Naraku, is gone anyway I don't know where he is or when he will return. You have to take her now. She won't last another night in the place, not with him." She said as he followed her through a maze of hallways.
 
"Sesshomaru, she's in bad shape. Kagome might fight you, don't blame her. Naraku did unspeakable things to her."
 
Sesshomaru nodded. Kagura slid open a bedroom door, it was Kagome's.