InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What doesn't kill us makes us stronger? ❯ Chapter 10 ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sesshomaru stepped in the room and looked over at the form lying on the bed facing the opposite wall. He could smell semen and blood. The smell was most fowl. He almost hesitated but he was Sesshomaru Lord of the western lands. Closing in on the delicate figure, she still had not moved. His aura not shielded, she had to know it was Sesshomaru. Yet, the girl did nothing but breath delicately. Kagura reached out and touched his arm. He glared at her with golden eyes with a look that said if you do that, again I will kill you.
 
"Kagome, its Kagura."
 
No response.
 
"Kagome, Sesshomaru is here. He will take you away. Naraku won't hurt you if you're with him."
 
Even now nothing.
 
Kagura shrugged and looked at Sesshomaru.
 
"I will leave you with her. Before I go you, must strike me and leave some extreme looking damage. If Naraku thinks I helped you, I will be dead and I can't help you with any information if I'm dead."
 
Sesshomaru raised his hand and with one clawed finger released his poison whip on Kagura. He hit her shoulder and a small spot on her face, it would be enough to convince Naraku she had put up a fight but had self-preservation in mind and retreated. It would be wrong to injure her too badly since she had been useful. She held her shoulder and walked away. She couldn't help but wish Kagome well, but she'd never say it in front of Sesshomaru.
 
 
 
Sesshomaru walked around to the side of the room Kagome faced. She stirred and pulled the blanket over her head. Sesshomaru was perplexed why she would want to stay here with Naraku. If she wanted to escape, she should be running for the nearest door. He grabbed the edge of the blanket and pulled it back. He was appalled, how could anyone even someone as evil as Naraku do something so cruel to someone so beautiful. He understood why she hid it was because she was ashamed. She was unrecognizable. Sesshomaru knew it would take her a long time to heal.
 
"Give me your hand miko." He called her miko on purpose knowing it usually got a rise out of her. She curled into the fetal position and tears streamed down her cheeks. Sesshomaru reached out for her hand and she shrunk away.
 
"I will do you no harm."
 
She sobbed.
 
"Time is short we must leave."
 
Kagome wanted to leave, she really didn't think Sesshomaru would hurt her that didn't stop the fear.
 
"I will carry you if I must." Sesshomaru wrapped his arm behind her back and around her waist.
 
"I am going to pick you up. You will hold on miko." Kagome said nothing. She hesitantly put an arm around Sesshomaru's neck.
 
"Tighter miko, hold on tighter." Sesshomaru knew that if she held him he could make her feel a little safer. The smell of Naraku on her was strong. Sesshomaru felt sorrow for her. He had never felt sorrow for anyone. The feeling was new and it burned in has chest, it made him angry. He wanted to kill something, anything. When he pressed her body close to his she whined. It must have hurt. Her small frame shook against his and her salty tears continued to fall freely, he hated the scent of them.
 
"It must be very painful miko, try to persevere." She turned her face into his shoulder.
 
Sesshomaru carried her in his arm as they made their way to the castle gate.
 
 
 
Kikyo was standing there waiting, when Sesshomaru came out of the gate carrying Kagome.
 
"Sesshomaru, I would think it beneath you to help a human."
 
"This is none of your concern woman."
 
"But, it is. I want that girl dead. She has no place in our world. She is nothing."
 
"You will move wench."
 
"I will not. I will pursue her until she is dead. I will not have her interfere with my affairs any longer."
 
"She is under my protection now, you will not touch her."
 
"I will Sesshomaru, I want the rest of my soul."
 
"You have been long dead, you have no need of a soul."
 
"Give her to me."
 
Sesshomaru stepped forward closer to Kikyo. He would walk right over her if it were required. Kikyo drew her bow. Sesshomaru was annoyed. She pulled back the string and aimed at Kagome. Sesshomaru looked down at Kagome. This transgression would not go unpunished. Sesshomaru pulled the soft fur from over his shoulder, wrapped it around Kagome and gently tried to set her in the grass. He looked at her swollen face and saw the terror as his arm loosened. "You will be safe, on my honor I will protect you."
 
Kagome let go, she drew her knees to her chest and hugged them tightly. Sesshomaru stepped away from Kagome and turned back to Kikyo. Kikyo fired her arrow. She never saw him coming she had released the arrow and blinked now he was in front of his hand wrapped tightly around her throat, the arrow she fired at his feet. She couldn't feel her feet on the ground, no air got to her lungs, the tiny veins in her eyes started to hemorrhage and break. Kikyo reached up and put her hands on his trying desperately to purify him, it was in vain. Sesshomaru dug his claws into the soft tissue of her neck leaking poison into the broken skin. Kikyo's arms fell to her sides as she lost the strength to fight. Sesshomaru stood there until he had crushed the life out of the clay bitch. When the last ounce of life had faded, the piece of Kagome's soul that Kikyo had held floated out of her body and migrated back to its rightful owner. The soft glow of light flowed into Kagome. Sesshomaru dropped Kikyo's lifeless body and walked over to retrieve the damaged Kagome. Sesshomaru bent down and pulled her back to her place in his arm firmly pressed against his side.
 
"You killed her."
 
"She was a threat to you."
 
Kagome nuzzled the fur with her face and settling again against Sesshomaru's strong shoulder. They floated on a cloud toward the west until Sesshomaru's palace came into view.