InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What doesn't kill us makes us stronger? ❯ Chapter 11 ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Sesshomaru brought Kagome to his palace knowing this was the only place she could be completely safe from Naraku. Sesshomaru was carrying her on his hip, her legs dangling through the crook in his arm as if she was sitting on a swing, her arms securely entwined around his neck. Through the corridors, servants stopped, stared and whispered as he carried her by. The few nobles in the palace were scandalmongers. Sesshomaru had no time for this nonsense.
 
 
 
Sesshomaru brought Kagome to a large room that was adjacent to his own, he could be in her room in a split second if the need arose. He closed the heavy wood door behind them. The door was thick enough to keep the noise out of the room. The room itself was massive. One wall held a grand mirror that was framed in fire breathing dragons carved of jade. The bed was enormous, soft and the blanket that covered it was the finest indigo silk, hand embroidered with pink lotus blossoms and sage colored leaves. Dark walnut furniture dotted the room with a dark hue. The walls were light a sort of ivory shade with a pastel blue tinge. It had been decorated beautifully. The outer wall had a door the lead to an immense balcony that over looked the main garden so she could get some air. He half hoped she would like it, that it would be a comfort to her resting in such a serene place. It had been intended for his mate should he ever feel the need to take one. Kagome would have been in awe and quite thankful if she weren't shut down and detached.
 
 
 
Sesshomaru looked at her severely bruised face and felt the urge to sigh. Not that he actually would sigh. She had two black eyes, several small lacerations but the swelling had reduced slightly. Fortunately, it did not appear any of the cuts on her face would scar. As for the rest of her body, he could not be certain. Sesshomaru had considered Kagome might not be able to recover from this. He did not think about that scenario for long. He walked over to the large bed, and leaned to lay Kagome down. She refused to let go of him.
 
"I will not be far miko." She shook her head in protest. Panic filled her expression, she dug her fingers onto the silk of his clothing holding on for dear life. He grabbed one of her arms and unwound it from his neck and placed it on her lap, repeating the same with the other. He sat on the edge of the bed beside her.
 
"You must rest now." She reached out and apprehensively touched his sleeve. "Sesshomaru please don't leave me." Her eyes threatened tears as he stood to go.
 
"I will hear you, no matter where in the palace I may be. No one will dare disturb you." Sesshomaru turned to leave, not sure if he should leave her alone. Regrettably, duty calls.
 
 
 
As Sesshomaru's powerful aura left her, the fear crept back in. Kagome pulled the exquisite silk completely over her body and head returning to the fetal position. She wanted to sleep but the nightmares were too real. Her mind raced and fear made her doubt her sanity, she could hear his voice and it terrified her. She shook violently her heart pounding hard in her chest. He was coming. She gasped hard and wanted to yell for Sesshomaru but the words wouldn't come. She had to hide, she threw back the covers and ran to the corner where a huge wooden chest sit diagonal with the corner she crouched down in the corner behind the chest to hide. "Kami, please don't let him find me." She wept softly into her hands, her small frame unable to stop the fierce shuddering.
 
 
 
Sesshomaru ordered the entire palace including nobles to stay away from the miko's room or receive a punishment of death. Second, he sent for Jaken and Rin, Jaken could help keep things running smoothly around the palace and Rin could help Sesshomaru keep an eye on Kagome. Sesshomaru knew that Rin would help Kagome feel safer than if he sent a strange servant in to watch her and tend to her needs. Sesshomaru sent his fasted guards after Rin, Jaken and Ah-un. Within hours, they would return. He would finish his duties and return to Kagome as quickly as he could, concern for her well being throbbed in the back of his mind. The guards, servants and nobles were all in whispers about the human miko Lord Sesshomaru had brought to the palace. He would end that immediately.
 
 
 
Sesshomaru finished with all of his work and it had taken longer then he was pleased with. He ordered a servant to bring some food for Kagome, he met with the servant outside her door took the tray. It had only been a few hours since he had left her. Entering quietly hoping she had slept. She had not, he could feel her aura flaring in spasms, and she was in a panic. Sesshomaru set the tray on a table and approached the corner Kagome had claimed.
 
"Miko, there is no need to hide." He reached out for her and she scooted back.
 
He tried again this time she screamed, pressed herself as firmly against the wall as she could and started hyperventilating.
 
"Stop your foolishness at once woman."
 
She cried hard and shook harder. He reached for her arm and she clawed at him, she was a like cornered animal. He had been too firm with her.
 
"I will not hurt you Kagome, it is cold on the floor let me help you up."
 
She looked in his golden eyes and for the first time ever she saw a flicker of honest feeling, genuine concern. Sesshomaru allowed her see it. She warily reached up for his hand, his long fingers wrapped around her hand, and he carefully pulled her from the corner to stand on trembling legs. She was still so weak. He did not find fault in it, only disgust the she had suffered by Naraku's hand. Even a female from his species would not go unscathed from such a dishonorable assault. The fact that she still drew breath was a testament to how strong she was even for a human. Inuyasha was a fool not to see her for what she could offer him and return her affections. Her legs gave out. Sesshomaru gracefully captured her into his arm, lifted her, and brought her back to the bed. She turned away from him and curled back into a ball. Sesshomaru spoke quietly.
 
"I have sent for Rin, she will help you with anything you would require. I will not leave the palace until you have recovered your strength."
 
Kagome listened to him but didn't care. She was afraid of Naraku. What was a little girl going to do to protect her?
 
"I don't want her to see me this way, I need.... I need... Not to see his face every time I close my eyes. Not to feel his hand touching my body. Not to feel his foul breath on my skin. Not to feel him forcing his way inside me. Not to taste the disgusting flavor he left in my mouth or not to feel the punches and kicks until I blacked out from pain. I need not to feel at all." Her words were filled with an immeasurable agony. Sesshomaru could do nothing to ease her suffering and it filled him with a rage he had never felt before. Rin would be arriving soon and maybe her kind-hearted nature would lift Kagome's mood a little. Something had to help.