InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What doesn't kill us makes us stronger? ❯ chapter 22 ( Chapter 22 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Naraku watched Kagome through the blank girl's mirror. His overwhelming craving to crush her filled him with a dark surge of power as he remembered her crying and cowering under him. Her fear and helplessness aroused him to no end. He would have her dead, he would never fear her power again. Kagome would fear his. Naraku would find a way to insure Sesshomaru's complete distraction. With Inuyasha and her friends having joined her now, he had more people to separate from her. His evil plot took shape in his devious brain. With Inuyasha, it had always been easy to get him to leave Kagome alone, but with Kikyo's death, this would prove to be more troublesome. Then it came to him, the village where Inuyasha first met Kikyo he would send thousands of demons to attack making sure that Inuyasha would hear of his plan to attack it first, the monk and demon slayer are sure to accompany him. They wouldn't let the village they stay in be wiped-out. To separate Kagome from Sesshomaru would be most the difficult. The others are really too easily tricked. He laughs aloud at the thought of how many times he has manipulated them in the past. Naraku's blood boiled in his veins, he knew as long as Kagome was with Sesshomaru he would have no access to his plaything. Kagome would need to be drawn out alone.
 
 
Naraku had tried to draw him out of the castle once before, making him believe a demon had trespassed on his lands, but Sesshomaru had been so quick to return to Kagome's side Naraku hadn't the chance to get within a thousand feet of Kagome. He had barely gotten close enough to cast the spell he had gotten from that rotting old witch. What had he overlooked that sent the lord back so quickly? Naraku could find no explanation for Sesshomaru's hasty return so he wrote it off to mere coincidence. The spell had proven remarkably effective at making her believe he was actually in the room. Naraku had watched Kagome through Kanna's mirror, he saw the visions manifested by the spell and took delight when out of her mind she cut herself and spilling her pure miko blood. It had brought him such pleasure to see her bleeding out. When Sesshomaru abruptly returned it had sent Naraku off the deep end. Naraku was enraged the stupid bitch couldn't even die properly. Damn that Sesshomaru for his intervention. Kagome should have died when she was in his control, he should have never waited to finish with her. He knew his chance to take her completely had past and now Kagome would have to simply die. If I can't have her, no one will. Naraku thought back to his moments with Kagome and the thought of her in tears, begging him to stop brought him an erection. Naraku turned back to the pale child before him and continued to watch with interest the object of his obsession through the mirror. He hissed and growled when he saw Sesshomaru kissing what he had claimed as his. “That bastard Sesshomaru is kissing MY toy. How dare she let him touch her!” Kagura stood off in the corner her fan covering her smile as she felt relief knowing her only friend in the world was safe and apparently being well taken care of. The thought the Sesshomaru kissing Kagome stung Kagura slightly with jealousy but she wouldn't begrudge Kagome a chance at happiness. Besides who wouldn't be a bit jealous, Sesshomaru is the embodiment of perfection. Kagura decided to leave quickly before Naraku took his anger out on her, and moved to make her retreat.
 
 
 
“That slut, that little slut. Look at her pretending to be so completely innocent what a tease. If Sesshomaru only knew the dirty things, she has done with me. How dare Sesshomaru take what is mine. I had her first, she will again feel the terror my presence brings. She has to die she has to pay for betraying me.” Naraku drew a deep breath. “Kagura! You incompetent whore get in here now!” Kagura knew that yell and she froze in her tracks, turned to her master, and knelt. “Yes, Naraku.” She stated with a voice feigned to sound indifferent. Naraku eyes could have shot daggers. “You will help me get Kagome back. I know you helped her by cleaning her up and giving her clothing. You should have let Sesshomaru kill you before you let him take my pet. You will not betray me again Kagura. Remember who holds your heart.” Naraku opened his hand and then squeezed it shut again around the heart he held, Kagura dropped to her knees in pain choking on the life as it was forcibly crushed from her chest. She didn't know what to do what would she do. “Kagura you will go to the western lands and be discovered by Sesshomaru, you will get in his palace anyway you can. When you have gained a slight amount of Kagome's trust you will get her to leave with you, just get her outside where Sesshomaru can't protect her and I will take the opportunity to finish her.” Kagura nodded and turned to leave. “One more thing Kagura, if you fail I will crush your heart.” Kagura paled at the thought of her eminent demise. There was no way Sesshomaru would let her in his home, he would slit her throat before that happened. She thought about Kagome and knew she could never hand her back to Naraku. Death was a better existence than living as Naraku's incarnation. She thought maybe if she begged to talk to Kagome and told her of Naraku's plans she could at least die without guilt. Loss in a moment of thought Kagura was startled back to reality but Naraku's hand squeezing her throat. “Kagura, where is your head wench, what is that treacherous mind of your planning?” Kagura pulled at Naraku's hand trying to get some air he released slightly. “Naraku how do you expect me to answer if I can't breathe? I was thinking of a way to get in without Sesshomaru killing me instantly.” Naraku pulled her closer. “Kagura, that had better be true, if I find out otherwise you can be assured you will drop dead where you stand.” He pushed her away and returned to his precious Kanna. Lightly raking his knuckles over the colorless flesh of Kanna's cheek he whispered. “Kanna is the perfect servant, she never complains, she just does what she is told and never invokes my wrath. I wish I had made you more like her Kagura. But if I had you wouldn't need so much punishing and I do enjoy our alone time.” His smirk sickened her to the core. “Now go Kagura and don't disappoint me.”