InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What It Means To Be Best Friends ❯ Groovy Is An Understatement ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha.

What It Means To Be Best Friends

Chapter Three: Groovy Is An Understatement

Once back in her room Kagome set the large bowl of goldfish crackers and her cup of soda, down on he desk. She sat on her bed starring into space while Inuyasha in her desk chair. They sat in silence for a few minutes, Inuyasha popping a few goldfish into his mouth every now and then, until Kagome shot up off of her bed with a big smile on her face. Inuyasha who had been slightly startled by her sudden movements looked at her questioningly.

"What are you doing?" He asked as Kagome disappeared on to her closet, closing the door behind her.

"Not telling!" Came her slightly muffled response.

`What is she going to pull out of that closet of hers this time?' Inuyasha thought to himself. Kagome was always pulling things out of her closet that he didn't know she had. For example the rubber ducks from earlier. He had thought those had been thrown away years ago. It was amazing like `Kagome's Closet of Surprises'. He laughed to himself.

Kagome cleared her throat. Inuyasha stood up and put his soda down focusing all of his attention on the closet door. The door opened a little bit and Kagome peaked out so all you could see was her head and hand which was wrapped around the door as if you were holding a book. She opened to the rest of the way and took a step forward. There stood Kagome wearing a bright, multicolored, sleeveless, splog/ swirl print dress that absolutely screamed `70's'. The dress was very short and a bit tight and also had a large hole on both sides which exposed her sides and a bit of her back and stomach. She also wore 70's earrings, a few thick plastic bracelets on each arm and to top it all off a pair of white, knee high go-go boots. Inuyasha had to blink several times to make sure his imagination wasn't playing tricks on him, seeing Kagome dressed like a go-go dancer from the 1970's was something he had never thought of even when his imagination went crazy.

"Do you like it?" Kagome asked as she watched his facial expressions in amusement.

"Yes it's um… groovy?" Inuyasha said not quite knowing what to say. He thought for a moment.

"I agree with you it is groovy."

"Where did you get it?" He asked wondering where she could get a dress like that without living

in the Twilight Zone.

"You'll never guess and you won't believe it if I told you." She laughed. Was he in for surprise!

"Try me." The suspense was killing him.

"Well, it belonged to my Mom. I found it in her closet. Not just the dress but, the go-go boots and jewelry too." Inuyasha nearly fell over

"What? Your Mom? We are talking about your Mom right? Are you sure we aren't in an episode of the Twilight Zone or something?" He said completely shocked.

"Yes my Mom. She wore it when she was our age. It is kind of hard to believe that she wore go-go boots. But, What do you think?" Kagome asked wanting to know exactly what he thought.

"I like it. It matches your fun happy and wild personality. You look great in it but, isn't it a bit too tight?" Inuyasha asked not knowing how the dress was supposed to fit.

"Mom said it was supposed to be this tight. I don't know how I am going to sit down in it thought, then again I might not be able to because it's so short." Kagome blushed slightly as she said this.

"You can't worry about weather you will be able to sit down in it or not if your dancing right?"

"Right." She said smiling.

"So… lets dance." With that Inuyasha began to do the `Monkey'. A dance he had seen on one of those bad beach party movies from the 60's-70's. Kagome began to go-go dance which, her Mom had taught after she had found the outfit. And after a few minutes they couldn't help but break out into laughter after seeing the way they were dancing. Inuyasha wrapped his arms around her waist and Kagome wrapped her arms around his neck.

"I wonder how your Dad reacted when he saw your Mom wearing this outfit for the first time?" He said and kissed her on the cheek.

"Good question but, I would have to say he probably reacted the same way you did. Like a love sick puppy." She said jokingly.

"Hey!" Came his mock protest before leaning in, kissing her and gently biting her lower lip. They pulled away and he pressed his right cheek to hers.

"Yep, love sick that's for sure." Inuyasha said softly. They both smiled and held each other a little more tightly.