InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Matters the Most ❯ Brothers and Sisters ( Chapter 11 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A\N: Well I’m finally back with an update!

I’m glad everybody liked the last chapter so much, cause this story is about to take a turn that I think will take most of the readers by surprise. But then again, maybe not, after all a lot of you are very cunning. ^_^

Anyway, on to the reviewers:

Janell - Well I’m certainly glad you enjoyed it! ^_~

-AnimeRainChildOfLove - Lol, thanks! You really think I’m the best? Hm. Well, that’s great for now, but I imagine that’ll change in some of the upcoming chapters. I’m just not a writer who can go on for long without doing something sadistic that only other sadists out there can properly enjoy. ^_^ -- Still, I’m glad you enjoyed it, and got a good nights sleep, cause I know that sometimes my writing can give people nightmares. ^_^

-coldTenshieeyes - Lol, yeah I kinda wanted to add a bit of humour to that chapter, so what better way than with their father grinning like an idiot after knowing that his plan had worked? ^_^

Well, that’s about all I have to say for now, so till later!

Ciao!

DISCLAIMER: This story is mine, and one of the characters is as well. The rest is not mine and I make no money off of it. All the characters belong to Rumiko Takahashi. ~*~   Brothers and Sisters

‘You are certain of this?’ Naraku asked, glaring down into Kana’s mirror.

‘I heard them last night-- and even my nose could not mistake the smell of their arousal.’ Rin said, sounding slightly disgusted. Probably because she was. Half-sister to Naraku or not, she was still brought up for a good while by her human parents, and the very idea of such incest was enough to make her stomach churn slightly. Of course, when she had returned from her little spying session on the two inu’s, and had informed Kagura of what she had heard, her elder half-sister (though they were really not related) had simply laughed at her obvious disgust and said “what’s a little incest between family?”

Rin, of course, had had no answer for her, and had merely glared before going to fetch the mirror she was now talking to their brother in.

The object was not as powerful as Kana’s, being only an extension of the mirror her other not-really-related sister possessed, and, unlike Kana’s, it could not view anything it wished to. It could only view the master of the other mirror, or whoever possessed the other mirror and was using it-- in this case, Naraku.

‘Have they marked one another?’ Naraku asked, staring down into the brown eyes of his half-sister. He could hear Kagura ranting somewhere in the background-- stupid wench, was always complaining about one thing or another. He was glad he had sent that useless toad demon servant to keep an eye of them-- though really, what the demon could do besides lecture the two was beyond him.

‘Without a doubt’ Rin said, flicking something off the sleeve of her kimono. ‘They must have, judging by the sounds of it. That Inuyasha moaned like a bitch in heat, and when he screamed--’

‘Enough!’ Naraku snapped, wondering if his sister had any idea of the effect her words were having on him. Probably. The conniving wenches loved making him squirm whenever they could.

Rin fell silent while Kagura made a snide comment in the background, which Naraku ignored as he glared at the reflection in front of him for several minutes.

Rin, obviously uncomfortable and not liking the prospect of being at the receiving end of one of his unfocused glares, rolled her eyes and said ‘What would you have us do?’

Naraku’s eyes narrowed. ‘There is very little we can do-- if they have marked each other, the bond will not be broken. Unless...’ The demon trailed off, a slightly sadistic look beginning to spread across his dark features.

Rin stared at him with a morbid look in her eyes. ‘Naraku, what had your evil mind come up with now?’ She asked, and Naraku smirked at his sister through the mirror. ‘When two youkai are mated, the bond between them becomes incredibly strong, as the youkai grow closer, and it cannot be broken by sheer will alone. But...’ and here his smirk widened slightly ‘in the event of one mate’s death, the other will likely be incredibly traumatized. Often the end result is the remaining mate taking it’s own life. Some are strong enough to get over this-- but only if they find another mate to take the first one’s place. Otherwise, the longing for companionship and love’ and here his lip curled slightly, as though the very mention of “love” left a bad taste in his mouth ‘will drive them over the brink of sanity.’ He said, leaning back slightly away from the mirror. ‘The distress Sesshomaru would experience if his precious hanyou died would might be enough to break the ice-prince of the west.’ He thought, chuckling quietly while Rin peered up at him with narrowed eyes. She always was weak-minded (as ningens tend to be) and could often be driven by her emotions. She didn’t agree with many of Naraku’s plots, and had occasionally tried to interfere with them. The results had been disastrous. Though more for her than him-- a stupid ningen brat like her could never do enough damage to effectively destroy one of his plans.

‘Just what are you planning to do, exactly?’ She asked, her voice laced with something akin to trepidation, though it might have been suspicion or maybe just curiosity-- it was often hard to tell with Rin.

‘You will know soon enough.’ Naraku said in a tone that left no room for argument. ‘In the meantime, I want you an Kagura to work on driving a wedge between the two brother’s. Force them apart. And when you have accomplished that, keep Sesshomaru distracted. I will handle the rest of it.’

Rin eyed her brother for a moment before nodding her head and setting the mirror down, sighing and wishing she did not have to obey him-- but if she did not, he would hurt her-- he would hurt Kagura as well-- and she didn’t want that. Besides, she had nowhere else to go...

While Rin sat there contemplating how to go about Naraku’s plan, said demon was sitting comfortably on the other side of the two mirrors, grinning as he planned his little trip to go and “visit” the young hanyou.

In front of him, Kana’s mirror flickered slightly, flashing to an image of the two inu’s, curled up under the fur in Sesshomaru’s room, Inuyasha snuggled up against his brother’s chest, his eyes flickering under their lids and a small smile on his lips.

After a moment, the smile turned to a frown, and Inuyasha opened his eyes, almost as if he could sense Naraku watching him. He glanced around the room, sniffing the air, his ears flicking back and forth as he listened, before he settled back down-- a little more tensely than before-- and allowed himself to drift back into an uneasy sleep.

Naraku smirked at the hanyou before him. ‘Oh yes, Inuyasha.’ He thought as he began forming his plan to break the two inu’s apart. ‘I will ill you. And when your brother’s despair destroys the rest of your pitiful little family, I will kill them as well. And then, if he still does not mate with Kagura, I will not kill him. I will let him wallow in his despair and insanity over your death. I will break you and everyone you hold dear.’

His grin widened as the hanyou twitched, his brow furrowing in a troubled dream, and he glanced up at the blank-eyed Kana. ‘They do not stand a chance.’ He murmured to the dark-eyed albino child (though how his mother had managed that was beyond him).

He response was to do nothing. Nothing but stand and stare blankly back at him, her eyes and face devoid of any emotion. As they always were. As they always would be.

END ~*~

Glossary

Naraku - I’m pretty sure that his name means hell (which I thought was kind of interesting). How do you tell someone whose name means hell to go to hell? I have no idea, you’d probably be better off sticking with “Fuck you” or something to that effect.

Inu - Dog

Youkai - Demon

Hanyou - half-demon

Ningen - human

(Any corrections for the glossary please let me know)