InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Matters the Most ❯ Bitch-Slap ( Chapter 28 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A\N: Okay so, (all other evidence to the contrary put aside and basing your opinions just on this one fact) I have officially learnt nearly all the words to “I want to the change the World” (-- The version they actually play on Inuyasha-- which is a very hacked up version of the actual song) and didn’t realise it until yesterday when I realised I was singing it out loud. I think that this is the finally clincher to say that I officially need help. “I think anyone who goes to see a psychiatrist ought to have his head examined”. (I think Yogi Berra or someone like that said that one ^_^!)

Alright, on a different note entirely (and in actual reference to the story) somebody in one of the chapters made a comment about the panther devas and bitch-slapping. I looked through the reviews but I couldn’t find it (maybe it’s on one of my other stories and I got seriously confused...) but anyway, thanks to you-- you helped sort of inspire this chapter! I hope you enjoy it! ^_^

-AnimeRainChildOfLove - Lol, I know, I actually really like her too. At first I was a bit iffy about her because the old female healer has been done so many times, but I’ve seen so many stories where the woman usually just is completely insane and\or hyper or stories where she plays no real part or too big a part, so I wanted to see if I could get it right. I think I’m doing a fairly good job, even if I do say so myself! ^_^ -- Well, floatings good sometimes, but walking is healthier probably. ^_^ -- Still, I think that you’ll enjoy this chapter, even if it’s not exactly a floaty or walking one. It’s caught somewhere between I think. ^_^

-Crazy-Inuyasha-Girl - Okay, thanks, that’s a big help! I’ll be sure to add your votes!

Also, today’s this story’s one month anniversary on this site! Happy Anniversary to it! ^_^

DISCLAIMER - See all other disclaimers for details.   ~*~   Bitch-Slap

‘Konnichiwa, Lord Inuyasha.’ The ningen girl said with a weak smile and a small bow that slid off her face almost immediately as Inuyasha stared at her, wide-eyed.

‘You forgot my warning so soon, wench?’ Sesshomaru asked, and suddenly he was out of bed, Inuyasha’s back missing his body, standing before the girl in nothing but his half-opened yukata, his caws hovering inches over her throat.

Rin let out a small squeak of surprise but made no move to pull away as Takehiko’s angry voice sounded somewhere in the background.

Ignoring the healer, Sesshomaru let poison begin the hiss under his claws as he stared down at the one who had so readily betrayed him and his mate. ‘Give me one good reason why I should not kill you where you stand.’ He demanded, his voice cold and pelting Rin like frozen rain.

She trembled, her mind drawing a completely blank as she stared up into the merciless pools of golden eyes before her as they silently promised her death.

Inuyasha watched in amazement for a moment as this scene played out before him, wondering why Rin made no attempt to move away, unable to react to it at all at first.

The sickly-sweet tang of venom reached his nose and was enough to draw him back to reality (since his mind still associated Sesshomaru’s poison with fighting and possible death) and he was out of bed in an instant, grabbing Sesshomaru’s wrist and moving between him and the human girl.

‘Sesshomaru!’ He said, in a reprimanding sort of tone that held an anger he did not mean to put there, because he could understand his mate’s reasons for attacking the girl.

But still, he didn’t want her dead.

At least, not without an explanation.

After all, she was one of the few friends (however clingy and annoying) he had ever had, and, in some ways, he could relate to her in a way he knew that Sesshomaru could never hope to. He had ideas as to why Rin had betrayed him in such a way, and he had found that, forgivable or not, he didn’t really want to girl dead for it.

Sesshomaru, however, seemed to have other ideas, and he voiced them by letting out a loud, low growl.

Ever since this whole thing had begun he had longer to kill something (preferably Naraku) and now he had this girl, the very ningen who had set them up in the first place, standing before him in an outright disregard of his gracious warnings, positively reeking of that monster who was her brother, and Inuyasha was stopping him.

Instead of backing down at the warning his brother had given, Inuyasha immediately stiffened slightly, his eyes alighting with an old and familiar fire that Sesshomaru had not seen since just after he and Inuyasha had mated, as he stared up at his brother angrily, baring his teeth slightly and letting a growl of his own escape.

However, this did little to appease Sesshomaru’s anger or his youkai’s bloodlust.

Clenching his teeth to avoid striking out at his mate, Sesshomaru slowly got enough control over his youkai to say ‘stand down, Inuyasha.’

‘No.’ Inuyasha said, hating the unwanted but obviously felt blatant defiance in his voice.

Sesshomaru growled again, trying to remind Inuyasha who was alpha here, but Inuyasha didn’t take the hint, simply glaring back at him, cracking his claws warningly as more poison eased out from Sesshomaru’s own, dripping down to eat a small hole in the floor.

The not-quite fight ended a moment later when Takehiko suddenly stepped between the two, hauled back and slapped Sesshomaru right across the face. Hard. With enough forced to jerk the youkai’s head to the side and leave a bright red print that burned and almost seemed to glow a colour not unlike that of his stripes.

The room was silent, save for the resounding ring of the slap, whose ghosts remained echoing behind for several minutes afterwards. Everybody save Takehiko (who merely glared reprimanding at the dog demon) stared on in shock.

Sesshomaru slowly brought a hand up to his injured face and touched the mark of his cheek, looking fairly stunned as he stared at the healer.

A moment later, something caught between a snort and a laugh sounded subtly around the room, and Sesshomaru’s eyes narrowed as they turned to focus on the source of the noise.

And Inuyasha stared back, his face screwed up and his eyes going incredibly large as he fought to keep the rest of his laughter stifled from his brother.

It was a lost cause though as he eyes flickered over to the mark practically glowing on his brother’s cheek, and Inuyasha’s resolve broke, his laughter filling the room as Takehiko glanced back at the nearly doubled-over half-demon in something close to amused approval, a smirk of her own playing across her face.

‘Fuck, you should see your face!” Inuyasha chocked out, clutching his stomach. The mighty Lord Sesshomaru bitch-slapped by a-zillion year old healer! It was too much for the half-demon to bear. He had never seen his brother look so absolutely shocked at anything before in his life, and it was fucking hilarious!

Sesshomaru, surprisingly enough, wasn’t amused.

However, before he could express his displeasure, the door (much to his embarrassment) flew open and in came Inu Taisho and Izayoi to find out what all the ruckus was about.

They took in the mark and the look on Sesshomaru’s face, the smug expression on Takehiko’s face, and the doubled-over position of their nearly hysterical youngest son and instantly understood what had happened, relieved that their fear for their sons’ safety had been greatly misplaced.

‘She... fucking... bitch-slapped him!’ Inuyasha gasped out, finally ending his bought of hysterical-laughter as he straightened up and wiped his eyes.

Izayoi frowned slightly at her son’s language while Inu Taisho looked at Takehiko with a raised eyebrow.

‘He wouldn’t listen to reason or Inuyasha.’ The healer said simply, gesturing vaguely at Sesshomaru, revealing that her hand was branded slightly red as well ‘So I thought that, since common sense was out of the question, maybe he’d understand a knock around the head.’

‘I don’t see how that would have helped, seeing as it’s not anything he actually uses.’ Inuyasha said, still slightly breathless from laughter, and Izayoi raised her eyebrows while Inu Taisho smiled and even Rin let out a small giggle at the joke made at Sesshomaru’s expense.

Unfortunately, this drew attention back to her, and everybody’s gaze quickly moved to lock in on the ningen.

Rin took a nervous step backward and Inuyasha glanced at Sesshomaru (who was staring at her scathingly, the invisible daggers of ice his brother had so often directed at him flying to hit Rin instead) and then everyone else in the room and came to a decision.

‘I think’ he said, drawing eyes toward him instead as he locked gazes with Rin ‘that me and Rin should talk alone for a little while.’

Silence filled the room for a moment before Takehiko clapped her hands together loudly and said ‘That sounds like a good idea, we’ll just be on our way-- Lady Izayoi, Lord Inu Taisho’ she said, ushering them toward the door ‘Sesshomaru.’ Her tone was dark and her eyes stern as she said his name, and Sesshomaru cast a cold look at her before moving toward the door as well, pausing just inside to cast a look back at his brother.

‘I will not be far away. Call me if you need.’ He said, and Inuyasha blinked in surprise and then nodded.

Sesshomaru cast one final look at Rin before exiting the room completely, closing the door slowly behind him.

Inuyasha stood there a moment before his whole frame trembled, and he sank slowly down onto the bed, his hand resting on his stomach as he leaned back against the wall, eyelids sliding half-way shut in exhaustion.

Rin gasped and was beside him in an instant, looking extremely worried as she kneeled next to him, but still refraining from touching him in case he was still angry with her.

‘Lord Inuyasha, are you alright?’ She asked, sounding genuinely concerned, and Inuyasha gave a small jerk of his head in assent, too tired to give a proper nod.

‘’m fine.’ He said slowly. ‘Just tired is all. Takehiko has me sleeping about fourteen hours a day, but I think these pups are draining my energy, and maybe that’s why I couldn’t fight when he...’ he paused as Rin tensed but finished his sentence anyway. ‘When he attacked me.’

Rin instantly dropped her gaze down to something on the futon and began playing nervously with the edge of her kimono.

‘I am sorry about that, Lord Inuyasha. I know I can never make it better, but--’

‘Why did you do it, Rin?’ He asked slowly, shifting around so he was sitting up more fully as she looked up into his wide tell-all eyes, seeing genuine traces of hurt in their depths. ‘I never hurt you-- why did you betray me like that?’

‘Well it’s not like I had that much of a choice!’ Se said, tears filling her eyes. ‘He would have killed Kagura and me if I hadn’t! I didn’t know what he was planning-- didn’t even realise how bad it would be until you had already taken off!’

She closed her eyes as a tear broke free from the cage of her lashes, falling down to land on the silken material of her kimono like a liquid crystal shattered. ‘I wish I could take it back.’ She mumbled, and Inuyasha sighed and frowned, waiting silently for several minutes.

‘We could have protected you, you know.’ He said softly, and Rin let out a bitted laugh that was cut short by a hiccup.

‘Like we haven’t heard that before.’ She said, and then her eyes widened slightly in shock as she mumbled an apology. ‘Gomen, Lord Inuyasha, I shouldn’t have said that.’

Inuyasha snorted. ‘I’m sure you had a reason.’ He said slowly. ‘And it’s just Inuyasha. Don’t give me all this “Lord” crap-- I’m not interested in being your Lord.’ He said, catching Rin off guard before suddenly switching back to their main topic. ‘And if you didn’t think we could protect you, then why are you still here?’ He asked. Rin looked up to meet his eyes again, her own wet and puffy from her tears.

‘Because my life is unimportant now. I was willing to give you up to save me and Kagura. I was willing to help break apart a love and bond that was so pure and yet rough-edged to protect the two of us. I have no more cares whether I live or die. I have already offered my life to you and Sesshomaru to help pay off my debt. I am only here to off my services to you.

Inuyasha shook his head. ‘I already told you I don’t want your life or your services Rin.’ He said. ‘You’re not a bad person, I can tell-- though I’m not always the best judge of character. You’re just from a bad situation. You need to drain Naraku’s poison from you.’

He let a small smile cross his lips, further surprising the ningen.

‘If you want, we can heal together.’ He said softly. ‘But first I want to hear your story. Why are you here? Why were with Naraku in the first place?’

Rin gazed up at him with dark eyes, her hair framing her pale face. ‘What should I tell you?’ She asked, and Inuyasha frowned, considering, before saying ‘Everything.’

Rin bit her lip nervously and then nodded-- after all, she owed him this much.

‘Aright.’ She said slowly, nervously. ‘Where should I begin?’

Inuyasha thought about this a moment, then shrugged. ‘The beginning seems like a good place.’ ~*~

Glossary

Ningen - Human

Yukata - A light summer kimono or a bathrobe.

Youkai - Demon

Gomen - Sorry ~*~  

A\N: Alright, alright, before everyone starts trying to chew me a new one, I thought I’d explain exactly why I had another little “spat” between Sesshomaru and Inuyasha. The way I see it that, they are mates, yes, but that’s about all that’s kept them from fighting. After all, in the anime, and in the beginning of my fic, they can’t stand to be next to each other civilly for more than a few minutes at a time if that. Now, while that would definitely down-track after their mating, it doesn’t mean that they’d just completely forget their past or their differences. The hostility would still have to be there, and not to mention everything else that’s happened to the two of them-- I can’t really see a reason why they wouldn’t have little confrontations. Lets face it-- it’s just not in Inuyasha’s nature not to fight, and not in Sesshomaru’s to not be domineering. Look how Inu treats Kagome and Sess treats Jaken. It would simply seem too much out of character to them (for me anyway) if they suddenly got a long perfectly well and never fought again.

Plus, you know, I wanted to have Sesshomaru get hit! ^_^

Also, a sweet and understanding side of Inuyasha-- I know it’s weird, but it’s gonna help balance out the story!

I had lots of fun writing this chapter, so I hope everybody else enjoyed it too! ~*~

Names:

Okay, so I think that by Chapter 30 at the latest (and yes, it is clearly going that far) I will start deleting names with no votes, so if You’ve got a name you particularly like that hasn’t been voted for, you better get it up now. Also, if you submitted several names and, please only pick a couple of your own favourites to vote for-- don’t vote for every single one just to keep it up there!

Thanks to everyone who has submitted names, and to everyone who has voted! This is all gonna play a big part in the story-- the future of Inu and Sess’s kids’ names depends on you guys! Your vote counts! ^_^

(The Ones with stars next to them are Reviewers picks so far-- Number of * equals number of votes)

Tsukiko - Female - means Moon Child - ********

Inuko - Means Dog-Child, and could be for a boy or a girl - *******

Moriko - Female - Forest child (Picked it out cause Inuyasha’s so fond of trees and all that ^_^) - ******

Hikaru - Light: this is a boys name (I believe) but I suppose it could be used for a girl as well - ***

Hotaru - Firefly - Female - ***

Suzume - Sparrow - female (again, this one I just liked the sound of) - ***

Gina - Silvery (Think I picked this out because Inuyasha and Sesshomaru have silver hair ^_^) Female - ***

Akiko - Autumn child - This one’s just female (for reasons I do not know). Picked these 2

out because I like autumn. ^_^. It’s a tie between it and spring for best season. - **

Akira - Male - Intelligencebrightness - **

Naomi - Female - Above all beauty (I always liked the name Naomi, so why not?) - **

Kenaku - Swordsman, obviously a males **

Katana - Female - (Yep this is an actual name, not just a word) it means Sword andor

Blade - **

Aki - Autumn andor bright - It’s male and female - *

Yuki - male - snow or luck *

As well as ones given by the reviewers:

-Arekusu (boy)- Revered Wild Air Spirit - **

-Shinsei - Boy - DivinityPureDignity *

-Takara - means treasure - either *

-Haruko - means spring - girl - *

-Kyo - boy - large, approval, or ginger *

 

-Yuri - BoyGirl - Lily - *

-Keitaro - Boy - blessed *

-Aron (boy)- Wild Theory

-Shiori - BoyGirl - Poem/weave (I don’t think I’ll use this one seeing as how it already belongs to a character on Inuyasha)

-Tomiko - girl - child of wealth

-Yoshi - boygirl - goodness, luck, free

-Shiro -boy - fourth son (but as a color, white)

-Yuiko - Girl - Bindgarmentchild

-Kiyoko - means pure, girl -

-Ryuko - means dragon - girl

-Ryuji - see Ryuko - boy

-Einujieru (boy)- Flourishing To Sew Time Graceful Flow

-Kurisu (boy)- Revered Air Reason

-Jizasu (boy)- Revered Time Sitting

-Jyaku (boy)- Air person

-Bureiku (boy)- Air Dancing Soul

-Buraian (boy)- Safe Thunder Dancer

-Raian (boy)- Safe Thunder

-Riku (boy)- Air Reason

-Jyurio (boy)- Confusious Reasoning King

-Biri (both)- Beautiful Reason

-Merisa (girl)- Eye Enticing Reason

-Sera (girl)- roughly Inclusive Avert

-Jyaeshika (girl)- Graceful Flower Scholar Person

-Eipuriru (girl)- Flourishing Flowing Wind Reason

-Jyunu (girl)- Confucious To Sew

-Jiru (girl)- Flowing Time

-Saimon (boy)- Will Enticing Question

-Shion (boy)- Graceful Scholar

-Kasurin (girl)- Revered Moral Flower

-Makusu (boy)- Revered True Air

-Kurisuten (girl)- Reason Heaven Revered Air

 

-Juri- Girl - acceptence

-Hiro- Boy - reactor

-Chiaki- Boy - definite

-Ruri- Girl - lapis lazuli - which means stone of azure,its this kind of rock,thats a pure blue color,that some culture worship it.

-Asato - Boy - shooting to death

I am still looking for more votes for boys than girls though!