InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What's Right In Front Of You ❯ Closing Open Doors ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hugging her knees to her chest, Sunny sat peering out her bedrooom window at the autumn leaves falling from the large oak trees outside. She watched the raindrops fall almost as quickly as the tears streamed down her face. Slowly, She moved from her position on the window seat and padded over to her desk. Plopping down, Sunny tucked her feet under her and began rummaging through her drawers. Sunny looked up and caught a glimpse of a picture half hidden by a vase of flowers, and slowly moved it into full view. A tender smile and loving eyes bashfully glowed out at her, at a moment, frozen in time, one that could never be revisited. Only in her mind did these times of the past still exist. Leaning against the back of her chair, Sunny hung her head, letting the tears fall as the memories of yesterday washed over her.......
 

In a field of wildflowers, giggles and shrieks of laughter could be heard as Grace offered Mr. Yumyums a cup of tea. Her pixie face scrunched up in laughter as Sunny offered Baby Meloney another cookied at their annual "Teddy Bear Picinic." Grace's brown curls bounched about her petite shoulders while she jumped up saying, "You can't catch me" in her teasing voice. As she ran away,her angelic laughter hung in the air like a lasting promise.

Grace Lillian Johnson was born on the same day as Sunny, she has been a special part of her life for as long as Sunny can remember. Her first memory was the two of them liking ice cream cones while on the New York porch while the sun beat down on their cheeks.
They lived a wonder full life, one Sunny wouldn't trade for anything in the world. The downfall of course was that Grace was born eight months into the world premature, and weighed a mere two pounds at birth. Her body had not fully developed yet and had a hole in her heart left in her as an enternal scar.
Sunny had been crying for weeks after her death and five after her funaral. Even after five years she still morned for her best friend. After moving out of the state, hell the country she still never forgot Grace. It was time to move on, for a little change. But change scared her, if she moved on, she might forget Grace. But if she moved on, she wouldn't be emotionly tortured for the rest of her life.
Sunny looked at the pictured and smiled. Grace wouldn't want that, she would want Sunny to be happy. Off with the mask, go and face the world, your weaknessess are your streignths, no one can
stop you......
Sunny brushed off her tears and got up and raced for the stairs in an attempt to beat her older brother to the dining room, closing her door behind her, closing a chapter in her life.
 

I'm deticating this to my uncle and any other people who died in your life.
Love always,
Binbin