InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What the Future Has to Bring ❯ Reality ( Chapter 27 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Disclaimer: I do not now, nor have I ever, owned any part of Inuyasha or his world. This is a work of fanfiction made entirely for the fans of Inuyasha to enjoy. This story is based off of Inuyasha characters that I do not own.

This is also a work of fiction. Any simularities to any real person, dead or alive, is completely coincidental.





What The Future Has to Bring
by: Tassana Burrfoot


Chapter Twenty-Seven: Reality


The moment the others left, Mrs. Higurashi went to the couch to sit down. Inuyasha peeled himself off the floor and helped Kagome to her feet.

Sesshomaru growled at his brother. The moment Inuyasha let go of Kagome, the taiyoukai took her hand. He did not like the hanyou touching his mate.

Kagome let the demon lord lead her to the couch, though, she really didn't feel like having him touch her. How could he leave out this detail? It was such a big detail. They went from just being mates to being spouses? How was that? It didn't make sense.

"I think you have some explaining to do, Kagome," her mother told her.

Kagome shook her head. "Momma, I didn't know. I really didn't."

"Even if you didn't know about this whole 'claiming' thing, you still told that social worker that you were getting married. To Sesshomaru. This is something you failed to tell me about and I am very disappointed in you," her mother said in her soft voice.

Kagome bowed her head. She could feel the tears as they began to form again.

"It does not matter what she said," Sesshomaru growled, annoyed that anyone would talk to his mate like that. "She is already married."

Mrs. Higurashi looked up at the demon. She sighed, "Please, explain to me what you mean exactly. How is she married to you?"

Sesshomaru brought his hand up to Kagome's neck and pulled at her collar. He revealed the wound there and watched as Mrs. Higurashi gasped. "The act of claiming binds her to me. Just as I am bound to her. It is something that can never be broken," he told her.

Kagome looked up at the taiyoukai. She then looked to Inuyasha. The hanyou snorted, "You still don't understand, do you?"

She shook her head as he elaborated, "Basically, what he's saying is, when you bit each other, you were married. Marriage is different with demons, Kagome. They don't have the ceremonies that humans have."

Mrs. Higurashi reached over and placed a hand on the nasty wound. "Is this what you wanted, Kagome?" she asked.

Kagome nodded. "I told you, Momma, I love Sesshomaru. And I want to be with him. I just... didn't know we'd never have a wedding."

Inuyasha shrugged. "You could still have a wedding, but it would be pointless. I mean, you're already married, so why bother?"

Kagome gave the taiyoukai a hopeful look. "Would you do that?" she asked him. "Would you give me a wedding?"

The demon lord was confused by this, but decided he would discuss what a wedding was with Inuyasha later. For the moment, he decided to make Kagome happy. Anything to put a smile back on her face. "If that is what you want, my lady, that is what you will get," he assured her.

Kagome gave a squeal of delight as she threw her arms around his neck, catching him off guard. She hugged him tight as she breathed in his scent. She pulled away just enough to plant a deep kiss on his lips. When they separated, she turned to her mother. Her face turned serious again. "Momma, I'm sorry I disappointed you. And I'm sorry I did not tell you about the claiming. I honestly didn't know what it really meant."

Mrs. Higurashi shook her head and put a hand up to stop her daughter. "I see that now, my dear. But, it still does not answer my question from before. Why didn't you tell me you were planning on getting married earlier today?"

Kagome shrugged. "I guess I just had too much on my mind. It just sort of came out with the social worker. I had planned on telling everyone after she left."

Mrs. Higurashi nodded and smiled to her daughter. She then looked at the demon and frowned. "Don't you ever harm her," she warned. "No matter what goes on between the two of you, she is still my daughter and I will protect her like any mother would."

Sesshomaru did not like the threat. As if he would ever harm his mate! Before he could say anything, however, Inuyasha spoke up, "Don't worry. If he ever hurt her, he'd have to deal with me. I'd kill him."

This time, the taiyoukai growled. It was one thing for a mother to protect her young. He would not tolerate Inuyasha's threat. "You will refrain from threatening me, half breed," he whispered menicingly.

Mrs. Higurashi shook her head and looked at Kagome. Kagome sighed, "We really shouldn't be arguing."

"That's right!" Eri shouted from the kitchen. "Cause we have a wedding to plan!"