InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What The Future Holds ❯ Their Future Revealed ( Chapter 44 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]


I don't own Inuyasha so please don't sue!


Chapter 43

Their Future Revealed


Inuyasha designed and built a house on the edge of town, near some really fertile ground. The home was extremely large, as Kagome figured they'd have alot more pups in the future. Within a few years, Inuyasha had a fully profitable farm, and he was doing excellent at market with his animals and crops. Lady Leilani was in high demand for her healing and magic potions as well as her scented oils. She also expanded and started creating soaps and perfumes that the local maidens just swallowed up. Kagome created charms for the family to conceal their demon nature whenever they left the confines of the town. It proved valuable. The news that would arrive into town about the slaughter of demons was horrific, as even gentle demons met their demise.

In 1607, 43 years after they moved away, news reached them of Miroku's death at the age of 85. The family packed up and traveled back to Mushashi to pay their respects. It was a very difficult time for the both of them. This was the one problem with long lives. The humans you deeply care about continue to age and eventually die. 2 years later, Sango passed away at age 84, and they returned for her funeral. In rememberance of their friends, the boy pup born to them in 1609 was named Miroku and the girl pup born to them in 1617 was named Sango.

The centuries went by and Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha, with Kagome's assistance, formed an uneasy partnership. She revealed to Sesshoumaru about the fact that she came from the future and could also predict future events. Acknowledging his desire for power, she reeled him in by saying that, in the future, he who has the money, has the power. Inuyasha would get the main benefits of her knowledge, but she would also help Sesshoumaru gain his own power.

By the 20th century, Inuyasha had found his niche in architecture, designing and building homes. The Kateitenma family business was extremely profitable and diversified. Kagome's soaps, perfumes, oils, and spells were part of the business, as was Lily's ideas - she had a knack for clothes and loved to design, so Inuyasha incorporated her into the business and assisted her with getting up and running. Some her designs won lots of awards at fashion shows in Paris and Milan. Also, with Kagome's help, he knew what to invest in and when to pull out. Oil, tobacco, steel, railroads, airlines, hotels were all in and out of his portfolio over the years.

Sesshoumaru was more into acquiring businesses, so Kagome assisted him in knowing which businesses made the most money. Pretty soon, he had amassed quite a fortune as well. Late in the 17th Century, he married an inu-youkai demoness training at the Kusamura temple. Not as affectionate, it seems, as his younger brother, by the 1990's, he had 7 pups to his name - 5 sons and 2 daughters.

Just before World War II, Inuyasha looked into moving his extremely large brood out of Japan. He knew what was in store for his country and wasn't happy about it. Nor was he happy with the United States and the way they were treating Japanese-American citizens during this time. His company was diversified enough by now he had many places he could move. He had the sheep ranch in Australia, or his vineyard in the Tuscan Valley in Italy. Eventually deciding that he preferred the mountains and pristine forests that so reminded him of ancient Japan, Inuyasha picked Canada, and chose the province of British Columbia as the family's new home.

The house he designed and built for his family was a crowning masterpiece. Larger than some hotels, it was a massive log home, and it gave each pup their own bedroom with a private bath. It had an extensively large great room with two huge fireplaces and 25 foot high cathedral ceilings, a dining room the size of a banquet hall, and a sunken living room for more intimate gatherings. The master bedroom was intimate and cozy, with a luxurious his and hers bathroom. Down the same wing as the master bedroom was a beautiful nursery and bedrooms fro the pups under 10. The house had huge windows in every room to take in the surrounding mountain peaks, virgin forests, and meandering river that went through the far end of their yard. Caribou, elk, moose and deer were constant visitors. Outside, he had built an expansive play area, with mazes, forts, treehouses, swings, slides, and jungle gyms, tennis courts, basketball courts and a regulation size softball diamond. There was even an area for the littlest pups to play in. The compound stretched for over 20 miles and included and airstrip to land a couple of corporate jets, helicopters, and a 737 he had purchased from Boeing to transport his "troops". Although he had pilots to fly them, Inuyasha himself was an experienced pilot. He also built cabins for his older pups to live in when they visited and for when they had their own families.

As the years went by, he continued to keep his house updated. The stylish home had everything for the modern family, including a movie theater, bowling alley, indoor olympic-size pool, and a video game room. By the late 20th century, the house was automated, and each of the pup's bedrooms had a plasma screen tv, computer, portable video games and the like. Keep in mind, demon pups are nothing like human pups and these conveiniences were only used during bad weather. The family was very active, whether hiking, rollerblading, biking, horseback riding and such in the summer, skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, and snowmobiling in the winter.

Speaking of pups, by April of 1997, when Inuyasha had to make sure Kagome fell through the well, and after 452 years of marriage, Inuyasha and Kagome's family now included 119 pups, ranging in age from the newest member, daughter Sierra, born in March of 1997 (the Mystic tradition of waiting four months to name the child had died out years ago), to Inuyashaichi, born in 1545 and now 452 years old. Of these, Kagome birthed all but the four halflings they had adopted. Keep in mind that human years for demons are irrelavant. Although the 21 oldest ranged in age from 452 years old down to 435 years old (14 boys & 7 girls), they looked about 21 years old, in human years. Except for Kiyoshi, who had such a baby face, he only looked 16, much to his chagrin.

In addition, 11 more ranged in ages from 410 years old to 368 years old (6 boys & 5 girls), but looked and acted about 20 years old in human years. Then there were 13 (6 boys & 7 girls) ranging in age from 316 to 363 years old but appeared only 19. Then 11 (6 boys & 5 girls) aged from 312 to 265 but appeared 18. Then 12 (6 boys and 6 girls) ranging in age from 261 to 217 but appearing 17. Then 15 (12 boys and 3 girls) aged 213 to 167, but looking and acting 16. Then 13 (6 boys and 7 girls) aged 163 to 117, but looking and acting 15. Then there were 15 more (9 boys and 6 girls) aged 113 to 65, but appearing as 14. The last group appearing to be about the same age was a group of 16 (7 boys and 9 girls) aged from 61 to 15, but appearing 13. The last six were, son Ian, 12; son Dakota, 9; daughter Sage, 6; daughter Kellan, 3; son Shane, 2; and infant daughter Sierra. By the 1800's, Inuyasha had started running out of Japanese names that he liked, and Kagome had started introducing more "foreign" names, especially Celtic, Irish, British and Polynesian names. Of course, Sesshoumaru had his own ideas for how Inuyasha could stop worrying about names, as he offered to chop off the offending part with Tenseiga if Inuyasha didn't learn to keep his pants up.

Yasha worked with his father as an architect while Kentaro was big into science. Fearless Izayoi remained such that Inuyasha put her in charge of all his investments. She could bully around even the toughest Wall Street and Tokyo markets. She paraded around the bull market in her mini skirt and spiked 5 inch heels and the men ran when they saw her. She was a tough cookie who wasn't afraid to speak her mind. Shaoran & Shirrow enjoyed farming so much they took over Inuyasha's sheep ranch in the Australian outback, while Jasmine showed a flair for the wine industry and handled her father's winery in Italy. Bunza, Yukio, Kieran, and a few other pups, traveled around on business for their father, handling business deals and such, but for the most part, the house was mostly full of teenage pups, running in and out of the house doing their own things. The younger teenage pups helped their mother with the youngsters when she needed to work in the lab creating new oils or scents.

Their lives were hectic, but full of love and laughter. Inuyasha and Kagome spent as much time with their pups as was possible, encouraging all their individual talents. Among their pups they had flowering dancers, musicians, artists, doctors, scientists, lawyers, business people. They had learned from their parents that money wasn't everything and enough of them had remembered when their lives weren't so rosy. While Inuyasha and Kagome weren't perfect parents, they were loving, firm, disciplined parents, who always made sure the pups knew they were loved and cherished. Inuyasha had come a long way from the scorned, hated hanyou he once was, to a respected business, beloved husband and cherished father.


A/N: Next, the epilogue. Thanks for all the reviews!!!! I love all of you!!!!