InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What to Expect When You're Expecting ❯ Baby's First Picture ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. Inuyasha & co. belong to the illustrious Rumiko Takahashi.  I do not profit from these fics.
Baby's First Picture by SunsetMiko [Drabble #77] - Dokuga_Contest on LiveJournal
 
Theme: glomp
Genre: General/Fluff/Humor
Rating: G
Warnings: none
Word Count: 300
Summary: Can anyone read an ultrasound, really?
Note: I'm interested to know, what did your ultrasound tech refer to the baby's little `parts' as? Mine… Destiny had a cheeseburger and Dante… he has a turtle on a log. Too funny.
 
 
Finally it was time. They'd gotten the positive test, gone to the doctor a few times, and now they were sitting in the waiting room anxiously awaiting their first chance to see their child. The doctor had told them that, depending on development and also on how cooperative the baby was, they might even get to find out sex today!
 
Kagome nearly jumped out of her seat when her name was called, followed by a stoic Sesshoumaru. He sat in the chair beside the exam table in silence and stared up at the television screen where the show would be visible.
 
She nearly jumped right off the table as the ultrasound tech squirted the coldest goo she'd ever experienced directly onto her growing baby bump, but moments later all discomfort was forgotten as the wand was pressed to her skin and the image on the screen flickered.
 
The couple watched in awe, and confusion, but mostly awe at what they were seeing. The tech pointed out various body parts as she took her measurements, but in all honesty it was difficult to see how what she was pointing out was human, even halfway. Everything was strange and shadowy, the image coming in and out of focus.
 
-
 
The couple walked out of the office side by side. Sesshoumaru had yet to speak a word and Kagome was beaming as she flipped through the printouts they'd been given. “You know, it looks kinda like a gummybear,” she said thoughtfully, turning the image while tilting her head the opposite direction.
 
The taiyoukai looked over at the woman beside him currently growing his child. “Not it, he. Our son looks like a gummybear,” he said with a smirk before surprising her by sweeping her into his arms and kissing her senseless. “Thank you.”