InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When My Heart Told Me to Listen ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
When My Heart Told me to Listen




Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha and co. they belong to the brilliant Rumiko Takahashi.





Chapter 6






Kagome woke up with the sun the next morning. A brilliant smile on her face, she was finally on Cairo time. Although she wasn't necessarily a morning person, she felt good. It could be due to the fact that she had an amazing time at dinner last night. Maybe it was the fact that Hojo was a sweet gentleman. Maybe it was the fact that she was nowhere near Inuyasha. Kagome groaned at this.

'Just when I thought he was out of my head...'

Kagome glanced around her room taking in her surroundings. She let out a sigh.

"Well, I got to make the most of this vacation. I have every intention of putting this behind me."

With that Kagome strengthened her resolve and made her way to the bathroom, starting her usual morning routine.

'I wonder what Inuyasha is up to?' She thought as she lathered up her hair. 'Is he looking for me? Worried?' Kagome let out a sigh at this. 'He probably doesn't even care.'

Kagome got out the shower and proceeded to get dressed. Just as she was done she heard a knock at the door.

"I wonder who that is?" Kagome went and opened the door to find one of the doormen standing there. He was dressed in a red overcoat with black slacks. He had on a red cap that was brimmed with gold.

"Are you miss Ka-go-me?" The man said struggling with her name, it was evident he had practiced trying to make sure he got her name right.

"Yes" Kagome said smiling trying to ease the man's apparent nervousness. He seemed to relax a bit at her response.

"There is a man, Hojo, he says he will wait for you. In the lobby." The man finished with a smile which made Kagome giggled.

"Thank you for telling me. Tell him I will be there soon." The man nodded his understanding and gave her a nod leaving. Kagome closed the door and a smile on her face got larger.

'Wow, he's waiting for me.' With that she quickly made her way down to Hojo.



Inuyasha woke up to his head pounding. His vision was beginning to clear the more he blinked. He was beginning to take in his surroundings and he realized that it was eerily quiet.

'What the fuck happened?'

He brought his hand to head and that's when he noticed that he was dressed in nothing but shorts. He felt a more severe pain in his head and he doubled over onto his knees. He let out a pained groan and flattened out on his back. He felt as though something was tugging at his heart. Like someone was trying to pull it out his chest. His hand flew to chest when he felt a particular clenching it gave. Inuyasha gasped for breath when another wave of pain took him, this time he found his relief on his stomach.

'What the hells is wrong with me.'

"Well look who decided to wake up." His demon admonished mockingly.

"Its about time you woke, we've been waiting for hours."

'What are you talking about?'

"You're a retard. We're locked in this stupid barrier and no one is letting us out, num quad."

Inuyasha took a better look at his surroundings at his demon's words. He crawled towards the door and before he reached it he got a painful zap.

"What the hell is going on?" He all but growled holding his burning hand. "What the hell happened to me?"

"You don't remember? That stupid wolf came. He's always been trouble." His demon scolded.

'Wait, Kouga? The powder...what the hell happened?"

"The hell if we know! YOU passed out!" Inuyasha sighed.

"Where the hell is Kagome? Why did she have to leave?"

"I can answer that one easily." His demon boasted.

"Why?"

"You are a dumbass. I told you to mark her or she would leave. Playing with our mate like that, what's wrong with you?"

"Our? What do you mean our?"

"What do you think he means by our? Kagome is our mate. That's the short end of the story. You let her get away. Always fucking with Kikyo. Who are you trying to fool!?"

Inuyasha was taken aback by his human's comment.

'Kagome's my mate?'

"Fuck, what have I done?"

"A lot." Sesshomaru's voice carried through the room as he stood at the door keeping a safe distance from the barrier that kept Inuyasha in.

Sesshomaru leaned against the door and crossed his arms not bothering to move as he stood with regel authority that could make anyone bend to his will. Inuyasha gazed at his brother trying to move in his direction before another wave of pain took him.

"See if you were smart, little brother. You would know that's what happens when you let your mate get too far away and you've only attempted to marked her. But you're not smart so I didn't expect you too." Inuyasha continued to moan in pain on the floor as Sesshomaru looked on with boredom. There was slight concern for his brother flickering in his eye, otherwise his face was as stoic as ever.

"Sesshomaru-sama, do not let ye prejudice consume ye." An elderly woman said as she approached the barrier.

"Kaede sama." Sesshomaru said just acknowledging her presence, nothing more. Kaede wore a traditional priestess robe, her hair having gone white years ago was pulled back into a ponytail. In her hands she carried a bucket of water, a washcloth, and some herbs.

"Ye shalt have called me sooner. He has no need to suffer like this." Kaede said as she entered the barrier with her possessions.
She sat down beside his head, wetting the cloth she placed it on his forehead trying to soothe his mind and heating flesh.

"For what he did to Kagome, he deserves this. I refuse to tell him of her location 'til father and I know for certain he will take her as his mate."

With that Sesshomaru left leaving Kaede to soothe Inuyasha's pain.

"K..k..kaede..ba...ba" Inuyasha drew out on a shaking breath.

"Nay Inuyasha, ye must rest. Relax."

As much as Inuyasha wanted to ignore the old woman, he had grown fond of her as she had been around most of his life. His father had found some way to bind her life span to that of the Takahashi's ensuring that they had a priestess they could trust for situations like these.

Inuyasha continued to lay there despite the fact he desperately wanted to sleep, his mind was giving him no rest.

'How did I manage this? I let her slip through my fingers and now, I have no idea where she is. The best part of this, I can't move because every five seconds someone is trying to gut me! Fuck! I'm so sorry Kagome.'

"Inuyasha" Kaede called to him as she mixed some herbs into a cup she had also managed to bring.

Inuyasha shifting his eyes in her direction was the only indication he gave that he heard her.

"Drink this. Ye must rest if ye wish to find Kagome."

Inuyasha perked up at this, he tried to sit up but didn't manage it as successfully as he would have hoped. Kaede moved closer and supported his head as she brought the cup to his lips allowing him to drink the bitter liquid.

"Drink all of it."

Inuyasha grimaced as Kaede brought the cup back to his lips and he finished the rest. He began to feel the effects of the herbs as he began to feel light and sleepy. Inuyasha noticed the slight movement of Kaede as she returned with a pillow and a blanket from his bed. Placing the pillow under his head and covering with the blanket. The herbs she had given him would ensure he would sleep for a day maybe two if they got lucky. Either way they needed to time to contact Kagome.

"Sleep well Inuyasha" Kaede said as she left the room and Inuyasha drifted off into sleep.




AN: So what do you guys think? Reviews are welcomed!