InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will It Be Me ❯ Alone to defend ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Italics = inner thoughts
Bold = mysterious voice
 
Disclaimer: Do I own them? Nope. Oh well, onward to the story.
 
 
“What do you want, Naraku,” stupid question, I know, but I need to stall since I don't have my weapons.
 
“Well, you wanted me and here I am,” he spreads out his arms, his long ebony hair blows in the wind, and twisted (metaphorically speaking) face is holding a secret.
 
“Umm,” maybe I can jump into the well before he can make an attack, but what happens if Naraku somehow comes through with me? I can't take that chance. I raise my arm to move the hair from my face. It's becoming a nuisance now since I grew it out to my butt for Inuyasha. I'm so pathetic.
 
He points his long white fingers towards Kagome's neck and demands to for her give him the shards.
 
I'm almost tempted to do it since he'll kill me anyway.
 
“NO!!!” she unintentionally grab hold of the shards around her neck and hold them with all her might. What about Sango and Miroku's revenge? I cannot do that to them, no matter how jealous I might be of their love. They are my friends and they wouldn't stab me in the back and I won't do it to them.
 
“Then perish without the comfort of your allies.”
 
AHHHHHH! I feel extreme pain in my lower stomach. I look down to see a sea of red forming at my feet and down the edge of the well. So cold. My hands are shaking. I look up to Naraku and he has a smirk on his face; a damn smirk on his flawless face. I try with my last ounce of strength to pull my leg out of the well. He mustn't know that there is a portal between this history and my future.
 
“Your blood, miko, will make me immortal. Since Kikyo was cremated before I knew that her blood would cause immortality, you will be a nice replacement.”
 
A replacement, that's all I am to everyone. My body finally touches the ground and I see my murder's silhouette hovering closer to me. What can I do to insure that he doesn't get these few shards?
 
My blood, my miko blood, will make him immortal.
 
I close my eyes and focus on the remaining energy inside me. Maybe there's enough for one small wish to ensure my family's future and to protect the past.
 
I feel warmness surround my entire body and then nothing.
 
“HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAA! Inuyasha, you fool! Your shard detector is dead and her body has disappeared. Wait!”
 
Naraku finally notices that without Kagome's body there is no blood to drink from. Even the little bit on his tentacle isn't enough to sustain his life force forever.
 
Oh well, one less nuisance to worry about.
 
Naraku stalks back into forest knowing that he at least accomplished one thing today. Even if it wasn't immortality, for he knows that without Kagome, Inuyasha has no cause to fight efficiently in battle.
 
“I win,” he whispers to the wind that carries the eerie message throughout Japan. Children cry, wolves howl, monkeys screech, and thunder rolls; doom is approaching.
 
~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~( )~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~
 
Elsewhere, an essence emerges from the soul of a certain walking dead priestess.
 
Finally, I'm free!!!!