InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will It Be Me ❯ Kagome's Heritage Part I ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: nope, nada.
So here is Part I of Kagome's past please review so that I know that I need to change. I want to be a better writer and without your reviews I shall fail. [dramatic music] But seriously please review. Thank you.
 
“Kagome, Ka-go-me!!” yells Sesshoumaru.
 
The last thing he remembers is falling into her arms but now she is dead by the hands of Naraku. But no!! He killed him but there he is with his repulsive hands gripping the knife that stole her life. He tries running towards them but he is never moving forward and she is dying. He runs harder and harder and sees memories of his life pass him path. The joining of the navy, the pirates that he has killed, the people that he betrayed, his best friend who he believed died on Marlli all those years ago and Kagome.
 
“Your fault, your betrayal, your sins, your guilt,” the voices yell.
 
`NO, NO, NOOOOOOOO!!,” he screamed, “Kagome, PLEASE FORGIVE ME!”
 
At that moment, he hears singing and the person singing sounds like Kagome but she sounds so far away.
 
“Open Sea, open to me. Show my where my dreams will be,” she sings in heavenly voice.
 
Thank God, he prays, she is not dead but where is the voice coming from? Sesshoumaru walks down a long dark tunnel ignoring the screaming voices of shame,
 
“Sinner! You lost her once, you lost her twice, and you lost her forever!” they jeer.
 
Nevertheless, he walks towards the voice of angels, “Once upon long ago. The memories as dim as an ember. And a song that someone use to sing. Far away on the open sea…” Kagome's voice is becoming louder and there is an approaching light that seems to be the end of the dark desolate place.
 
Although he wants to reach her voice faster he relishes the singing since he will probably hear it again. “Someone holds me safe and warm….,” she continues. God, I love her, he admits to himself, oh God, I love her!!! Finally, the end of the tunnel draw near and he can feel her hand laced around his. The step into the light blinds him at first but he quickly overcomes it and opens his eyes for the first time in days.
 
Kagome awakes from her sleep feeling eyes upon her, all the shipmates even the doctor knew better than to disturb unless it was damn well near life threatening. However it was Sesshoumaru's eyes that were watching her, immediate relief sweeps over her knowing that he finally out of danger. The same dark green eyes that filled her dreams with passion and saved her from a mad man, he loves her, she knew by the way he called out for her in his dreams. Knowing that he is probably thirsty since he has been in a coma for two weeks, she put a glass of water that sat near to his dry lips. She watches him drink the water slowly and how his eyelashes flutter close while drinking, I think I'm falling for him, she sighs quietly, No I've already fallen. Sesshoumaru Taisho has always intrigued me but my feelings really swayed at our final battle.
 
Kagome's mind flashes back towards the day of their last epic battle.
 
FLASHBACK
 
On this day where in this time the open sea is untouched by pollution and underwater cables. This is the time when the skies are blue and perfect, the sea clear and majestic, and when pirates control the waters without fear. The fiercest of all pirates is not of a man or a coming of age boy, but a woman. This woman is Captain Kagome Higruashi and she is not your average damsel in distress maiden but a ruthless, heartless person of character. Her hair is almost a pitch black that works wonderfully with her tanned skin, and her eyes are a piercing brown that shows only hatred and violence. Her face is as smooth as the sea at the break of dawn and glows with the white-hot intensity of the sun. Her body figure greatly surpasses any woman on any continent, with her strong shoulders, toned and slender legs, a small and feminine waist, and the perfect breasts that completed her hour glass figure. She would be a prize for any man, if she did not rob, murder, and torment them so.
 
Her ship the Miko is faster than any on the Caribbean and was as quiet as a leopard sneaking upon its prey. The Miko was once in the Royal British Navy but that was until Kagome took control. The name Miko symbolizes beauty but dangerous and that represents Kagome; beautiful and deadly. The crew is not as ruthless as their captain but they are loyal nonetheless, the first mate is Short leg Johnny, for one of his legs is shorter than the other but he is a great sharpshooter. He has shoulder length black hair that flows in the breeze and broad muscles that make up for his uneven legs. Kagome demanded that all shipmates stay clean for hygiene sakes and because she dislikes seeing a dirty crew. Furthermore, Captain Kagome is wanted in Europe, the Americas, Asia, and of course, the Caribbean for pillaging. However, she does not care, all she wants is revenge but no one ever knows why and she slits anyone's throat that dares to ask. Her secret would remain with her until she floated to the depths of Davy Jones' Locker that she promises to herself. She took no prisoners because she felt that it was an extra mouth to feed, would show a soft side or an excuse for the Royal Navy to come after her for kidnappings or something like that.
 
On a ship 300 miles due east of hers was a young captain who searched to take her to the gallows in England if she refused to accept his proposal of marriage. Captain Sesshoumaru Taisho has been the captain of the Tensaiga for five years and has been tracking Ms. Higruashi for three.
 
Year after year, he had tried to capture her but has been yet to succeed, but he had the advantage; he knew the true reason why and how she became a pirate and why she was looking for revenge. Furthermore, no one knew but him and he intended to keep it that way. Taisho was catching up quickly and he hoped be within range by high noon. Captain Sesshoumaru was as a young and determined captain with his shoulder length black hair tied with a ribbon behind his head, deceitful green eyes, and stubborn chin. Although, every one of his shipmates agreed that the Miko would be a fair prize, Taisho only wanted the beautiful Kagome for himself.
 
Meanwhile on the Miko, a shipmate spotted something appearing over the broad horizon.
 
“Ah-oh, Captain! There is a ship due east of us across the horizon,” yells the lookout.
 
“Ha ha, so it has begun, then,” chuckles Kagome. For you see, she knows that Captain Taisho has wanted to take her to the gallows for years but this is the year that she plans to end his little fantasy.
 
“What are your orders, Cap,” says Short leg Johnny.
 
“Slow down; let the Tensaiga come into range.”
 
“Excellent, are we going to take her?”
 
“Yes, we are, Willie.”
Kagome knew that this would be the final stand off between herself and the persistent Captain Sesshoumaru Taisho. One of them would surely die and she wanted to make sure that it was not she at the end. By noon, the war would begin.
 
Before noon, both ships are preparing for battle because there might not be a victor in this battle and the war could continue if both sides refuse to surrender. The crews were busy polishing and cleaning out the cannons, swabbing the deck, and preparing to raise their flags when they are within range. The Miko had four cannons in the bow of the ship that had passable range, .8 miles. The cannons are small because most pirates don't plan to sink their prey however the cannons usually damaged the riggings and sails.
 
The Tensaiga had bigger cannons that have higher range of 1.2 miles and its effective range is .6 miles. Now unlike pirates, the Royal Navy soul purpose was the protection of the merchant ships and island colonies.
 
When noon approached, all the shadows that reflected the objects on the waters were gone. Kagome and Taisho knew that they would be within each other's range by noon because they were good captains and all captains knew the tricks and turns on navigation and distance. The world continued to turn around the two captains as they closed in to begin their battle. However, Taisho noticed that Kagome's ship is not the only one within her company. The famous Queen Anne's Revenge who's captain was the notorious Captain Edward commonly known as Blackbeard the pirate.
 
He stood at the helm of his ship portside to the Miko. Captain Blackbeard was a young man that has a black beard that covered most of his face and the long facial hairs were similar to dreadlocks because of the way they were twisted and separated. Blackbeard scared his own crew with his devilish ways because he took no prisoners and he killed all who defies him. Blackbeard is famously known because he was the North Carolina's own pirate even though he wasn't a native from there.
 
He decided to fight along side with the Miko only because of the benefits and immortality from the battle. Another reason for allying with Kagome was that he also despised the Royal British Navy and their attempts to stop his pillaging. Well, he couldn't take down the entire Navy but he could take down one at a time.
 
The wind was in their favor and they have nothing to lose except for this battle. Despite the disadvantage of having one ship to their two, Taisho is determined to see Ms. Higruashi fall. The Miko turned portside to the Tensaiga and opened fire with her cannons. The cannons make some distance across the waters and effectively did some damage. However, Queen's Anne Revenge wasn't just going to wait around for it all to end. Blackbeard slowed down to the Tensaiga and threw over ropes to usurp the ship. The two ships fought hand-to-hand combat while the Miko raced against the wind to involve themselves in the battle.
 
BOOM!
 
Before the Miko could even make it close, Taisho used some kind of bomb to sink and destroy Blackbeard's ship. Man, that wasn't good at all. If Taisho could defeat Blackbeard then no one was going to want to be Kagome's next ally to defeat the British. Damn! Blackbeard's ship went down nose first but that was after it ship right down to the keel. Nothing was ever as slow and dramatic as a ship sinking down to the deep blue.
 
Kagome ordered the crew to drop anchor before they get into range with the bombs. Kagome looked around the wreckage of Queen's Anne Revenge for any survivors. So far none have surfaced. She thought that maybe they've escaped in the dingy but she would have saw the small lifeboats if so. They had to be captured but she can't risk her crew for the sake of another's, it's in the Pirates' Code Number 10. Nevertheless, Blackbeard would have done the same thing. If anyone were to find out that she had a soft heart then they would try to take advantage of that.
 
“Hoist anchor!” she yelled, “Back to the cove!”
 
The crew raised the anchor and turned around for their cove in the other direction. Kagome admitted defeat in this round but later tonight when she had another ally, Taisho will perish.