InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When Will It Be Me ❯ Kagome's Heritage Part VI ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own this story but I do own the religion, Moonism.
 
This religion will become important later, so refer back to this chapter when you meet Gods.
 
In the time of the pirates, there are different religions that are accepted without consequences such as Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, and others. Sakura practiced the combination Artemis from the Greek Gods and Goddesses and the Moon Goddess, Selene. The moon goddess Artemis is the twin and opposite of her brother, Apollo, God of the Sun. This style of religion is called Moonism and its believers are Moonians. Moonism is the practice of worshipping the moon goddesses Artemis and Selene.
 
Artemis is the daughter of Leto and Zeus; she is the Goddess of the Hunt and the Goddess of the Moon. The belief of Artemis came from both the Greeks and the Amazons who believed in her purity and care of all animals. The Amazons used her as their idol for all wars and for not letting any man stand above them in rank or any type of superiority. While Artemis, the Moon Goddess so is Selene but her tale is so much different. While Selene is also from the Greeks, she was born from the Titans Hyperion and Theia. She fell in love with Endymion and was blessed with 50 daughters. However Endymion was a mortal and with all mortals comes death. Endymion was happily gifted with eternal sleep and every night Selene would visit him in his dreams.
 
Both Artemis and Selene loved the night, moon, and animals that bathed under their light. The power of women resided in their goddess or goddesses depending what religion they practiced. This picture is the combination of both goddesses as one, the grace and beauty beneath the moonlight is all that the Moonism symbolizes, that women are never weak when the deity they pray to is stronger than all mortal men and most of their gods.