InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When You Can Live Forever ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter Three

Inuyasha's P.O.V.

It was finally time.

She hadn't left the stadium yet I knew that. I could smell her sweet Jasmine lilac fragrance. She was waiting I just knew it. After the entire known crowd had left I gave Sango a quick glance. She nodded she knew I found her and I was going to her. She mouthed 'good luck' to me before I turned and headed back to where I knew she was she was sitting Seiza style on the stage where I had been crouched down during `Wasteland'.

She was wearing a mid-thigh length skirt that was grey, black, and white; with red splotches that looked like blood but it wasn't I could tell by the smell that it wasn't. I also recalled how she probably tried to kill as little as she was required. Her top was a form-fitting low red U-cut top that accentuated every curve on her body. Her eyes a deep, deep purple, that would be impossible for any human to have, were bright and welcoming. Her mid-back length hair was held up in a hair clip except for some of her bangs. Needless to say she was absolutely stunning in appearance.

"You've passed,” she said. I stopped mid stride. What did she mean, what was she talking about? "What do you mean?" I asked as to not get more confused. She smiled sadly, and then explained. "This whole second chance thing was a test. You passed you are one of the few to ever pass it… out of all of the people I have given a second chance at life you have succeed." she looked at me with a smile on her face. "You have no idea how long I have waited for someone else to pass this test. And for this I'm proud of you." she blushed slightly; her blush was like heroine to me. It was intoxicating and I was hooked; I wanted her. I needed her. I wanted to see her blush in a whole different way and for a very different reason.

She started to stand then. "You have no idea how proud I am. Out of all the years I have been alive I have never been as proud as I am now." she smiled then turned her back to me. "But I must leave you soon…" she paused, still not facing me. I was growing furious I just got her back again, after a long and tiring year of searching for her. I wasn't going to let her go without hearing me out first.

Kagome's P.O.V.

I couldn't look at him anymore it was becoming unbearable for me. If I didn't leave soon I doubt I ever would be able to. I gasp when I felt his arms around me. He was holding me flesh against himself. He was very muscular I could tell and my body responded to his, molding against his body as if I belonged there. I shuddered.

"Kagome," he whispered, "You said you are proud of me. Why won't you stay?" my eyes started to water. He sighed. "You know Kagome before I had finished reading that note you had left me so very many months ago I had sworn during my living years that when I got better I would seek revenge on those who had hurt the ones I loved. I had sworn I would get power, great power to kill anyone who attempted to stop me. But I changed my mind after witnessing how you had saved me. After I saw you, I didn't even know who you were but, I fell in love with you."

I gasped. He loved me. I turned to him. I couldn't look at his face but instead I buried mine in his shirt. I was crying now, sobbing really. I had been alone for so long. And when I wasn't alone I was rejected by everyone else; even during life I was almost always alone. He was all I could ever want and right now he was telling me he loved me and that he wanted me 'can I really just leave now? After what he told me would I have the strength to just turn and leave him? I'm so tired of being alone in the world… this I know. But what if he is the one? Would the gods really let me be happy? I am nothing to them why would they let me be happy at all?' I thought when I felt some movement and the stage no longer beneath my feet.

He had picked me up bridal style without really disturbing me. I tapped into his thoughts a bit just to figure out where he was taking me.

-Inuyasha's Thought's-

'I should take her away from here in case someone shows up… why's she crying? Is she rejecting me? Well, I won't force her to stay if she decides she doesn't want to. She gave me another chance so I should be fair unlike how I was before she changed me…' he sighed. 'I really hope she stays…'

I sobbed more after hearing his thoughts, I clutched his shirt more tightly, I did love him and I would stay though I knew I probably shouldn't; who knows if he is the chosen one. If he was would I be penalized? Would Sesshomaru make my life worse than he had already made it? Yes, I had found out whom the vampire had been that murdered my family and changed me. It wasn't hard. The hard part was finding the emotional strength in me to keep going and move on with life all the while trying to keep control of my newly acquired vampeiric urges.

We were approaching the backstage dressing rooms now; my hands still in an iron grip on his shirt. I knew where he was taking me. Not that I cared much he loves me that's all I needed to know. He was taking me to the room where the rest of the band was. 'Oh, this is going to be interesting.' I thought as I started to calm down.

As we went through the door I noticed the band was there just talking and laughing with one another. I smiled slightly he made good friends. When we came through the doorway they stopped talking and looked then they smiled well most of them smiled anyway. The woman I recognized as Sango looked at me, smiling, and said, "Hey, you must be the infamous Kagome." I nodded.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you,” said the man sitting next to her who I assumed to be Miroku. He had a small ponytail at the base of his neck; he had changed out of his performance clothing along with everyone else except for Inuyasha who was still in his performance clothes. Which had consisted of a white t-shirt that said 'Rock This' in an iron madden type of font, with white and black Tripp jeans obviously bought from Hot Topic, or some such store, with his hair tied back but a lot of his hair was already coming out in the front to cover his eyes.

Inuyasha's P.O.V.

As soon as we entered the room they all started to quiet down immediately. Sango smiled at her. "You must be the infamous Kagome." That was a good sign. Sango was very happy for me I could tell. Then there was Miroku. He looked pleased for me as well. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you".

Shippo was sitting across from Miroku he just looked at her in awe but also kind of in a longing sort of way. Kagome seemed to give off this motherly nurturing vibe and since he had been living with his father until he died when he was seventeen, I guess he thought her to be a sort of potential mother figure already. Dear god…

Then in the corner there was Kouga. Let's just say if looks could kill I would've already died a hundred times. He was glaring at me most likely because I got the girl he wanted. And she was still clutching my shirt which didn't help his reaction one bit, he was jealous I could tell; but then again it wasn't that hard to figure out.

"It's nice to meet you all I hope you will all accept me as I plan to accept you all as my friends" Kagome stated fairly meekly with a smile. She was staying. I smirked purposefully looking Kouga's way as I slid an arm around Kagome's waist as I held her closer to me.

Oh was this going to be interesting or what?

Reading and reviewing is love!