InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where I Belong ❯ Chapter 8 - Poison ( Chapter 8 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Chapter 8 – Poison


No…

Kagome was glued to the ground. Her mind was spinning and she couldn't think straight and she couldn't move. This pain was all too familiar to her and, after having gone through it so many times, she just felt numb. She kept staring at Inuyasha and Kikyo and it felt strange. They were touching, they were speaking, but something wasn't right with the picture.
She could see it in his eyes. They showed pain, but they were sparkling. Love? No… it's something else. Is he… struggling with something? But what?
Suddenly, Inuyasha turned to Kagome, but he didn't move. Kikyo's hand was still touching his cheek and his hands were still on her forearms. He locked his gaze with Kagome's and he strained his glazed eyes, looking like he was pleading, asking for help. Kagome couldn't understand what was happening. He couldn't be asking for help, he would never do so. No, he never asks anyone for help. Besides, he wasn't in danger. So… is he… trying to tell me he's sorry for hurting me, maybe?
Kagome shook her head and decided it wasn't what it looked like and she wasn't a little girl anymore. She wouldn't run away, she wouldn't go crying to her Mama, she wasn't going to go home and wait for him to get her. This was her home now and he was hers.

"Inuyasha!", she yelled, running up to him.

Kikyo was startled by her presence and let her hand drop from Inuyasha's face. His hands dropped from her the moment she stopped touching him and Kagome saw a small sigh of relief leave his mouth. Kikyo looked at the girl, glaring, and then leaned towards Inuyasha, whisperng something in his furry ear, then disappeared into a ball of light.

Kagome caught up to him, still puzzled by what she witnessed, and tried her best to not look or sound hurt.

"What were you two doing, Inuyasha?"
"I… don't know. I came here, because I saw Kikyo's soul catchers, and I thought I had to talk to her, let her know I won't change my mind about her and… you."
Kagome smiled but then frowned. "So why were you so… close to her?"
Inuyasha dropped his gaze to the ground and said, angrily. "I don't know! All I can remember is me telling her that… I guess we just talked about something else, but I can't remember, it was probably some nonsense about you and me… I guess I drifted off and came back from it when I saw you."
"Okay… so what did she whispered in your ear, when she saw me?" Kagome asked, accepting his explanation, but still wanting to know everything that had happened.
"Oh, uh… I think she told me she's going to come back. But I don't know why. Maybe she'll visit Kaede. I don't know." Inuyasha sounded confused, but Kagome took pity on him and decided to drop the subject. He really seemed distressed. All that mattered was that Kikyo now knew that she and Inuyasha were together and things would finally progress between them.

Kagome sighed and took his hand, dragging him. "Okay, so let her come back. Doesn't really matter now, does it? Come on, let's go have lunch, I'm starving!"
Inuyasha stopped walking suddenly, pulling Kagome backwards. She squealed at the abrupt stop and turned to him, worried.
"Inuyasha, what's wrong?!"
"I forgot to get the fish", he said, smirking.


#####


Inuyasha and Kagome were walking to her house, after spending the day with their friends in the village, holding hands. The moon was bright and lighted their path and their faces. Kagome turned to Inuyasha, beaming with happiness, and saw that he was wearing a similar expression. She took a deep breath and squeezed his hand a little tighter, making him look at her with soft eyes. His golden orbs were gentle, bright, smiling at her and melting her heart. She gathered up the courage to tell him what had been bugging her for the last eight days, the exact same time her house had been finished.
She was hoping, along with Miroku and Sango, that as soon as it was finished, Inuyasha would tell Kagome exactly what he wanted with her. What he really wanted. Sango had explained to her that inu yokai mated for life and that their mating ritual involved marking their mates. She also told her that they were very protective of their mates, but Kagome had already figured that out, after knowing Inuyasha for so long. Her talk with Sango was uncomfortable, since she felt shy discussing these matters with her friend, but she also knew there was no better person to do it with. Sango was a woman, a married woman, and had studied yokai her entire life, because of her training as a taijiya.
Kagome had asked Sango if she knew why Inuyasha was taking so long to ask her if she wanted to be his mate. Sango didn't have an answer for her, but, like always, advised her to talk to Inuyasha. Kagome told her about what happened with Kikyo the previous day. She then told her friend that Inuyasha had been acting somewhat weird around her ever since, and they hadn’t talk that much. They hadn't even shared a kiss since, and that had been bothering Kagome, since he would always, at least, give her a peck on the lips when they parted for the night. Sango assured her he was probably just nervous, maybe thinking Kagome would be angry at him because of Kikyo, waiting for her to snap at him, and Kagome agreed. Sango concluded that the best thing right now would be to Kagome put aside his "weirdness" and just talk to him already.
So here she was, walking hand in hand with the hanyou she loved, all alone, in the front door of the house he had built for her. There's wasn't a better opportunity.

"Inuyasha… can I talk to you?"
"You’re already talking, wench."
Kagome glared at him. "I meant… can we talk, inside the house, for a while?"
Inuyasha widened his eyes. "You sure?"
"Yes, I am. I don't care about what the villagers think. Besides… we are just talking, right?" She said, looking at the floor.
"Uh, right. Okay."

They walked inside the house and Kagome motioned him to take a seat on the futon. She went to the cabinet to get the kettle and cups, and started to make some tea for them. She sat on the futon, beside him, silently, until the water boiled, then poured him some tea and sat again.

She was sipping her tea, sweating from anticipation, when Inuyasha lost his temper.

"Will you just spill it already?!" He didn't mean to be rude. But he couldn't stand it any longer. The anxiety was killing him, but not just his own. He could feel her distraught aura and it was tearing him apart.
Kagome turned away from him, thinking about what to say next, not ready to just blurt it out like he was expecting her to. Her thoughts were interrupted by his now soft voice.

"I-I'm sorry. I just wish you would say it already."

Kagome smiled and thought that maybe the reason he's been acting strange was really because he was afraid she was mad at him for talking to Kikyo. So now he was probably thinking she would say something about it and was nervous, just as she was. The thought of him being worried gave her enough courage to say what she had been meaning to say.

"Do you… I… I want to know why you haven't asked me to be your mate."

Inuyasha's eyes shot to her face and he realized he probably had heard it right when he saw her beet-red face. She was staring at the floor, looking extremely embarrassed and Inuyasha comprehended the terrible mistake he had made.

She's probably thinking there's something wrong... with me or her. I was so caught up in my turmoil that I didn't see she is anxious too.

"Kagome… I'm sorry."
Kagome looked at him, surprised, and tears started falling. "N-No, I'm sorry. God, please forgive me, Inuyasha, I thought…"
He understood how she had interpreted his words when she started getting up. "NO!" he said, grabbing her arms and pulling her down.
Kagome sank awkwardly on the floor, looking confused and sad, Inuyasha's hands still grasping her arms, facing her. "I don't understand…"
Inuyasha sighed. "Kagome, no more misunderstandings, okay?" Kagome nodded, still confused. "I-I… want you to be my mate. God, there's nothing in the world that I want more. Don't you see that? Can't you see that, even though I want you… badly, I can't bring myself to ask you? I know you like me... But being mates… it's forever. And I didn't want to scare you. I was afraid it might be more than you asked for, and you don't even know how…. bad inu yokais get when they mate. I'm already crazy about you, can you imagine how I'll be when you're finally mine? You can barely stand me now."

Kagome stared at him in awe. His bangs were covering his eyes, his head down, and she could feel how afraid he was… afraid of her rejection. She couldn't stand seeing him like that.

"Inuyasha", she said, in the softest of voices. Her eyes were damp with tears after hearing his words and she cupped his cheeks. "I love you. Don't ever doubt that." His eyes met hers, worshipful and filled with hope. "I want to be with you, forever and more, if it's possible. It's always been you, only you. I want to be your mate.”

Inuyasha didn't even flinch. He pushed his lips against hers with such intensity that Kagome's back fell on the main room floor, lowering Inuyasha with her. She didn't even notice the light pain from the impact, too entranced in his kiss. He devoured her with a passion he had never expressed before. He was the one who was now cupping her face, like it was something too precious to drop. Her hands circled his neck and she moaned in his mouth. All the doubts and fears they were both suffering with for so long were vanished, disappeared with their last words.
He was on top of her, his body completely relaxed and molded to hers, something neither of them had ever experienced. All he could think about was the taste of her lips and her mouth, the outside world completely forgotten. His desire was only growing and, unlike the other times they had kissed, he wasn't intending on making it stop. He wanted more, his inhibitions seemed to have faded in her touch, her warmth. His hands started to roam her body, moving from her cheek to her neck, his mouth following it. Kagome moaned when they finally parted for air and she felt his lips kissing and his tongue licking her neck. She moved her head to the side, to give him better access, not wanting him to stop whatever it was he was doing to her. She let out a cry when his fangs nipped her shoulder lightly and he looked at her, worryingly.

"What's wrong? Did I hurt you?"
"No, no. Sorry, I… I liked it."

He gave her a smirk and started kissing her lips again. He continued his ministrations and it felt, for the both of them, that the interruption never happened. The desire was there with as much force as before, if not more. Inuyasha decided to move on from her neck, his longing for her body making his hands drop to one of her breasts. She moaned in his mouth when he grabbed one and started massaging it, and he was pleased to see how much pleasure that act brought her. He had always imagined what it would feel like to touch them, her beautiful, full breasts, that he got glimpses of whenever he could. Those images plagued him throughout their search for the Shikon no Kakera, and he often had to give the group an excuse to go deep into the forest to think about them and relieve himself.
His mouth left hers once again and he trailed kisses down her throat, while his hands pushed her shirt up. Kagome could feel his hand trembling and opened her eyes when he stopped kissing and touching her. She took a strand of his hair out of his face and saw how nervous he was and thought he was probably worried because he didn't know exactly what he was doing. The problem was that she didn't know how to do it either.

"I don't know what I'm doing either. It's okay, we'll learn, together", she told him, giving her a reassuring smile.
He lifted an eyebrow and smiled. "Conceited wench."

He started kissing her again, even more passionately, and quickly got rid of her shirt, with the help of his claws. Kagome didn't even notice what happened until he sliced her bra, the only one she had. She gasped and scolded him with a "hey!". She suddenly realized how exposed she was and covered her chest with her hands, blushing.
Inuyasha was now cockier than ever. "What? It’s not like I haven’t seen them before”, he said, giving her another smirk.
Before she could answer he kissed her again, his hand moving hers from one breast and taking it, tenderly. His fingers teased her hardened nipple and he pushed his hips to hers more strongly, making her whine in pleasure, feeling the bulge in his pants on her center.
Inuyasha had thought about this moment more than ever the past week, and was still afraid to do something wrong. He decided to act on his instinct, thinking that somehow he would do something right, as long as she was feeling pleasure as well. He started rubbing his erection against the fabric of her skirt, the only one she had, and the friction was making Kagome arch her back, bringing her breasts to his eyes. He couldn't help himself when his mouth met one of them and he started sucking on it. She moaned out loud and grabbed his hair, holding him in place.
The feeling he was having couldn't be described. He never knew he could feel that much pleasure. And he hadn't even entered her yet. Kagome was also lost to oblivion, wanting nothing more than to feel him touching her. She wanted more, she wanted to feel his skin too, so she started removing his haori, pulling it off his shoulder with his help. His undershirt went with it and they were both with their chests bared.
Inuyasha had stopped all of his movements to stare at her. He couldn’t stop looking and admiring the woman beneath him, and he took a moment to let it all sink in. Suddenly, Kagome saw a frown on his face and he yelled.

"FUCK!"

Kagome was left baffled when the hanyou stood up and handed her his haori, putting his undershirt on.

"What happened?!" She asked, covering herself in his fire rat robe.
"Fucking monk is coming", he answered, heading for the door. "Are you ready?" he asked her. She nodded and he sighed, opening the door.
Miroku was about to knock on the door when it was flung open. He tumbled inside but regained his balance before falling. "Oh, oops. Inuyasha, I know it's a bad time, but-" he looked at Kagome. Then at Inuyasha. His eyes kept going back and forth until he realized what he had interrupted. "Oh, OH! I'm very, very sorry. Uh, Inuyasha, there seems to be a situation with a large yokai in a village nearby. A few men came to us and asked for our help. We need to leave, now", he told him, giving Kagome a small smile. Kagome and Inuyasha were blushing furiously and the monk didn't seem to mind, at all. "So, I'll give you two time to… recompose yourselves and I'll meet you at my house", he said, waving goodbye.

Inuyasha went to Kagome and she dropped her head on his chest, clutching his undershirt. "That was… the most embarrassing thing I have ever gone through."
"Keh! Stupid monk did it on purpose. I'm gonna make him pay later, he'll be so sorry when-"
"Inuyasha! It's not his fault the village is being attacked!", she said, smacking him on his chest. "Besides, the sooner you go, the sooner you'll be back."
Inuyasha gave her a broad smile and kissed her quickly on the lips. She went to her wardrobe, in her room, and grabbed a yukata. She put it on and went back to the main room, handing him his haori. "Now go. You'll need this. I'll… wait for you, here", she said, smiling.
He nodded and smiled, before leaving. Kagome let out a disappointed sigh and went to her bedroom, plopping on the bed on her stomach.

#####

Inuyasha and Miroku had been away all night, and Kagome went to Sango’s, worried about the lack of news. They thought their men would be back in a few hours, since the village was so close to theirs and they usually found weak demons to fight with, that is, weak demons in Inuyasha’s perspective.
Their missions were usually quick and easy and, with their prolonged absence, the women were starting to worry.

“Did it ever take them that long, in the past three years?” Kagome asked.
“No… not when it was a neighboring village. But I’m sure they are fine and were probably just too tired to come back and accepted the headman’s offer to spend the night there”, the former demon slayer said, even though she knew it was highly unlikely.
Kagome wasn’t convinced either. “I don’t know, Sango. I don’t think they would spend the night there, with us waiting for them here. If I knew it would take them that long, I would have gone with them.”
“Don’t worry, we’ll see them soon. And it’s not like we can do much about it, right? All we can do is wait”, she said, smiling.
Kagome nodded and turned back to the cooing baby on her arms.

It was lunch time when the two men finally came through the hut. Sango and Kagome were cooking when Miroku stepped in while supporting Inuyasha with one arm.
Kagome immediately went to them and Miroku laid his friend on a futon. Kagome hovered over Inuyasha, trying to find out what had happened, searching for injuries. She found none. There was no blood, but Inuyasha was panting and his face was pale, sweat dripping from his forehead.

“Miroku, what happened?!”
“Kagome, we weren’t expecting that many yokai. And they were dangerous. Inuyasha got distracted for a second, to help out a little girl who was almost caught by a huge spider, when another one bit him. It was poisonous and it was almost dawn when it happened. We had to stay there until Inuyasha regained consciousness and was able to walk, and the healer gave him some herbs, but he’s still in a lot of pain and his fever is high. They didn’t know what else they could do, so I brought him.”
“Oh God… Inuyasha, wake up!” Kagome said, brushing his hair with her fingers. “Please, wake up.”
“Kagome, I’m going to call Kaede”, Sango said.
Without taking her eyes off the hanyou, Kagome nodded.
Kaede came in the hut a few minutes later and brought some herbs. Kagome recognized the herbs and was hopeful they would help. She was sitting on the floor with Inuyasha’s head on her lap, just like the first time he was bitten by a poisonous spider, and was caressing his face.

“Here, child, ye need to make him drink that”, Kaede said, handing her a tea, which she made with the herbs she brought.
Kagome nodded and lifted his head slightly, placing the cup on his lips and slowly turning it, so the liquid would go in his mouth.
Inuyasha coughed a little and whispered. “Kagome…”
“I’m here. I’m not leaving. You’ll get better, just rest.”
Kaede looked up at her. “That is right, he needs to rest now. You just keep giving him the tea every two hours and he will probably wake up in a couple of days, if not sooner.”
“Thank you, Kaede-baa-chan”, Kagome said, bowing.

A full day had passed and Inuyasha was still unconscious. Kagome stood by his side and was constantly looking at him, touching him or making him drink his tea. She didn’t get much sleep because of it, but she didn’t mind. She just wanted to make sure he would heal fast.
His fever had gone down a little, but he was still very pale. She cursed Myoga, for not being there when Inuyasha needed him, like the last time, when he sucked the poison out of Inuyasha’s body.
Damn flea.
Everyone else was outside, carrying on with their duties, when Kagome heard the bamboo mat moving. With a relaxed expression on her face, Kikyo spoke.

“He’s been poisoned.”
Kagome looked up at the dead miko with a start. “What are you doing here?”
“Calm down, girl. I’ve come to see Inuyasha. How long has he been sleeping?”
“That is none of your concern. He’s being treated, by me, his intended mate, and he’ll be fine soon.”
Kikyo smirked. “I see. So you are still determined to become his mate?”
Kagome raised a brow and snorted. “Determined? No, we will become mates and you know that. He told you so, just a couple of days ago, remember?”
“Aren’t you a little arrogant brat? Well, I’ll leave you two alone then. I’ll come back when he’s feeling better.”
“Why are you coming back? You have no business coming here to see him!”
“We’ll see, girl.” And with a smile, Kikyo disappeared.