InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where Silence Meant Everything ❯ Romancing A Stone ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
~Chapter Two~
Romancing A Stone


Sango shot up from her futon, sweating. Kagome was… Kagome was hurt… She could feel it.

The young woman hurried to her feet and slipped out of the shoji screen without making too much noise. The plain dressing kimono she was wrapped in would just have to do, she supposed, as she hefted Hiraikotsu on her back and leapt onto the transformed Kirara.

She couldn't define this sensation… It was almost as if some inscrutable force was pulling at her, drawing her to Kagome. Something she couldn't quite put her finger on lingered in the forefront of her mind. She couldn't shake the feeling.

~*~


Inu-Yasha pulled away from Kagome to hold her shoulders, much as Sango had done not long before. “K-Kagome…”

Kagome shook her head violently. She put a soft, thin finger to his lips. “I'm fine, Inu-Yasha… I… I want you to… to tell me something…”

Inu-Yasha could even hear the small amount of exhaustion in Kagome's voice, the slight catch that had had him reeling with each word she spoke. He nodded cautiously.

“Do you s-still see her… Do you go to… h-her…” Inu-Yasha squeezed his eyes shut, willing himself not to think about the stupid jewel hanging, completed, around her neck.

He managed to speak for her, forcing the thick lump from his throat. “Kikyou died. Naraku was keeping her alive. Miroku performed the rites.” His eyes were closed tightly when he felt the cold hand touch his cheek.

“I'm so sorry… I didn't know…” He could smell the tears, gently falling from her face as she gently leaned into him, letting his haori absorb the offending liquid. He sucked in a deep breath before he spoke again.

“H-Hey. Don't cry, wench…” His arms fell around her, and he was careful not to let the jewel touch any of his skin, afraid he might die of his desire.

~*~



Sango landed with Kirara, and slipped off the fire cat's back. She sucked in a large bit of air as she located her dejected friend, speaking in whispers with Inu-Yasha. She was afraid to move, to breathe.


She could see Inu-Yasha eyeing the jewel, before taking the girl in his arms.

“Keh! I'm only here for Shikon No Tama!”

“I hate this night… the new moon… being human… I feel weak…”

“Oi! Shard detector!”

“The stench of human blood… I couldn't wash it off…”

“I was scared for him, you know. Inu-Yasha regrets killing after he's had to… He was hurting so bad when Goshinki… I hate it when he hurts…”

“I'll become full youkai!”

“I love him just as he is…”

Sango closed her eyes against the words from her friends. `Kagome-chan… That's why you hurt now… Back then you knew he hated the stupid thing…'

`Shikon no Tama… was so evil until Kagome-chan purified it….' Sango willed the tears to stay at bay, at least until she could move again. The prickling soon stopped and she nearly stumbled over when she opened her eyes.

Inu-Yasha and Kagome… They were so perfect for each other… and yet…

“Just get her to eat, will you?”

If they weren't careful… they might just destroy each other…

Sango winced and willed her legs to move. The sight of the two kissing… it was enough for Kagome… wasn't it… It had to be enough…


“Sometimes… I hate myself…”

Sango couldn't stave back the tears once Kirara had taken to the skies. She allowed herself to bury her face in the cat's comforting hair and pour tears. Kirara tried soothing her with comforting growls and whines, but to no avail.

For some reason, it had pained Sango to see her friend so desperate, so in need of someone.

“I love him just as he is…”

Somehow, more tears shot to her eyes, beckoning to be spilt. She complied.



~*~





Original A.N. Man… This is some serious angst, ne? Well until next time…


Disclaimer- I don't own Inu-Yasha or any of its wonderful characters, I'm only borrowing. *sniffle sniffle*


Original Post Date- November 30, 2005

Revised- February 23, 2008