InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where Silence Meant Everything ❯ Two of Me ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Chapter 5~
Two of Me
 
 
 
Somehow Kagome had made her way all the way back to the hot spring. It was still early, so she figured she might as well wash his scent off of her the best she could. Even she knew she smelt like the inu hanyou.
 
Kagome had noted InuYasha's strange preoccupation as he had stared at the jewel hanging from around her neck.
 
“I'm going to become full youkai.”
 
She winced.
 
“I hate being human…”
 
Kagome stripped her clothing away and waded back into the water. He stomach was turning, and she felt lightheaded.
 
`He knows what's going to happen if he wishes that… If he wishes for power…'
 
She let a sigh slip before taking in a large gulp of breath. She knew InuYasha was going to sulk in Goshiboku all day.
 
“I meant to be with you!”
 
She knew he was just telling himself something as stupid as that, but they'd been so desperate last night. He knew her. He knew her body so well; her reactions seemed to have fueled his desire.
 
Kagome flushed and emerged with a splash. `Maybe… Maybe I can go home today.'
 
 
-------------------------------­
 
 
 
Sango stirred from her deep sleep. The first thing she was aware of was InuYasha's loud mouth and Miroku's placating voice.
 
A brief image of InuYasha staring at the jewel around Kagome's neck flashed silently through her awakened brain. She strained to hear the two men arguing outside. She tried to keep her eyes closed, tried to at least pretend to sleep, but that failed.
 
Finally she got up. She looked down at herself and tried to straighten her rumpled keshougi. Making sure her hair was held in a loose tie on he neck, she walked outside.
 
“-Fix it, bouzo!”
 
“InuYasha… What you're asking of me…”
 
“You know damn well what I'm asking from you! Now fix it!”
 
Miroku's look turned solemn. He couldn't hold back the glower from staining his features. “Don't be an ass,” were his only departing words. Miroku turned on his heel and walked over to Kaede's hut, sparing a withering glance at Sango.
 
“InuYasha…?” Sango's expression was unreadable.
 
“What the Hell do you want?”
 
Her face contorted quickly into a very readable expression of anger. “So help me God, if you don't tell me right now what the Hell you've screwed up now, you won't ever be able to walk again!” He voice was low, but murderous.
 
InuYasha flushed crimson. He looked entirely uncomfortable, but refused to speak up. Sango did for him.
 
“Does this have to do with Kagome-chan?”
 
His cheeks flooded with more colour, and he gave her a curt nod.
 
“Oh for the love of-” She silenced herself before turning in the direction of the hot springs. “You just wait until I get back. You will be dealt with.” She threw a dark look at him over her shoulder, and hurried off.
 
 
--------------------------------------
 
 
Kagome's eyes were drifting closed in the same moment that she leaned her head on a small boulder at the edge of the water. Tendrils of steam rose around her, comforted her. She could still smell the vague scent that was InuYasha on her body, but she decided against more scrubbing. Her body was already quite red, and her skin might have just been a bit raw by now.
 
She wasn't even alert enough to hear Sango's footfalls, or see her pained expression directed at her friend. “…Kagome-chan…”
 
Her mind was fuzzy, and she couldn't speak back… She could feel herself slipping away little by little, everyday.
 
“I meant it to be you!”
 
She shut her eyes tight against the memory, but smiled a small bit of forced smile for Sango. Her friend didn't even spare a moment to undress before running, full out, into the water.
 
`I will be Kikyou for you. I'll be the perfect Kikyou. I can make two of me, but only for you. I'll be Kikyou for you… and I'll be Kagome for them…'
 
She felt the arms slip around her, a warm sprout of tears fall on her shoulders before she slumped down, unconscious.
 
 
------------------------------------------
 
 
 
AN- I'm not exactly sure why this is shorter than the rest of my chapters… Maybe it's because I'm Overdosing on “Do As Infinity” and Sesame Chicken. Wonton Soup, man… Anyhow, I think this chapter is shorter because of my plans for the next chapter.
 
Disclaimer- I don't own InuYasha! Or any other things I mentioned in the authors note (Sesame Chicken and “Do As Infinity”)