InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where Silence Meant Everything ❯ And It Hurts So Good ( Chapter 12 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Chapter 12~
And It Hurts So Good
 
 
Sesshoumaru sat silently at the Goshinboku. He felt a jolt run through his back (the only part of him touching the Jidaiji) and sat up a little straighter. He immediately felt a familiar tug on his youki. He growled.
 
The Inu no Taisho watched in morbid fascination as the nisou ran from his brother. The crimson sheen in his eyes made Sesshoumaru growl again in annoyance.
 
Nisou! Do not run. He will only kill you if you run. The girl started sobbing as she pushed herself harder. Stay Still!
 
~*~
 
Stay still!” Sesshoumaru's harsh command took hold of her senses before she could protest. She tripped trying to stop herself. Cuts marred her arms and legs from rogue branches and she whimpered as she tasted dirt.
 
Kagome refused to cry out. It was InuYasha! He wouldn't hurt her. `But InuYasha doesn't recognize me like this.' Kagome's eyes filled with tears again.
 
She pressed herself further into the ground when she heard the loud footfalls behind her. Tears filled her eyes.
 
“Nisou, listen to me.” Kagome winced. “He will not lay claim on your life. Look at him. He wishes not to kill you.”
 
Kagome flipped herself on her back. She forced herself to open her eyes. What she saw before her made her tears turn into full out sobs.
 
InuYasha was returning to normal. He seemed repulsed by the blood marring his hand and forearm. He must have felt Kagome's eyes on him. He looked at her, and she couldn't discern the look in his deep amber pools before he turned away.
 
`He… He's ashamed…'
 
“Kagome…” His voice was soft, melodic. She let out a small cry and shoved her body from the ground. Without a second thought, she darted to him and threw her arms around his neck.
 
“InuYasha! InuYasha…” Sobs wracked her lithe frame, but she didn't care, InuYasha's arms were around her.
 
InuYasha was here… He was here, with her. She couldn't ask for anything else, could she?
 
“Wake, nisou. You see before you what should be.”
 
Still sobbing, she nodded.
 
~*~
 
InuYasha couldn't find the village elder anywhere, and he was starting to panic. Tears were making two thick courses from Kagome's eyes and she kept whimpering for him, his name a faint whisper on her lips.
 
The stench of death wrecked havoc on all of his senses, but apparently the Shikon no Tama was still, to InuYasha's dismay, making its presence known.
 
Sango and Miroku had met him on the edge of his forest and looked positively horrified at the younger girl's condition.
 
Miroku had to “comfort” Sango, and he had been on the receiving end of the worst beating that the taijiya had ever delivered in her long eighteen years of life.
 
Miroku had confirmed what InuYasha already knew, Naraku was once again alive enough to make his jyaki known. It was coming from the north, he had told the group. Sango had commented that they should lay low until Kagome was at least healthy enough to walk again.
 
“It may be wise to rest us all until Kagome-chan is eating and fit again.”
 
InuYasha grunted, but silently thanked the taijiya.
 
They had all agreed on searching again for Kaede and Shippou to tend to Kagome, but the two were no where in sight.
 
Fuck this! We're going to eat and settle for the night.” InuYasha pushed aside the bit of tatami mat that hung in Kaede's doorway.
 
Miroku sighed, “That may be wise. Kaede will most likely return by nightfall. Many of the villagers had been taken ill lately. It seems the Shouki that plagued Kikyou-sama may be beginning to infect the villagers as well now. Keade-baachan has been extraordinarily busy lately.”
 
“It's also looking like the Shouki manifests itself as a virus.” Sango added, quietly. “When a human sustains injury, like a cut, the Shouki seeps its way into the body. What Kagome did with Kikyou may be what saves the villagers.”
 
InuYasha grunted, but set Kagome down gently.
 
Miroku's deep serene voice sounded again. “If Naraku has this much power once more, I shall be receiving Kazanna soon. Besides, the further north we travel, the more human may possibly be infected. We need Kagome to have all the strength she can.”
 
“She still hasn't woken up yet, bouzo.”
 
Miroku sighed and shrugged a bit. “I can feel her aura growing. It seems she returns to her body.”
 
“Keh! Why the Hell didn't you say that earlier, then?”
 
“We had supposed,” Sango spoke up for the houshi, “that the scent of death may have waned by now.”
 
InuYasha finally paid full attention to the scent and realized that it had decreased drastically. He felt his heart rate accelerate to an uncomfortable pace.
 
~*~
 
The scene had faded moments ago. With tears fresh in Kagome's eyes, she made her way towards the dull gray lined out before her. InuYasha, the stupid prick, had been there all along.
 
She was always second best, and especially since Kikyou had passed, she had a very strange relationship with the hanyou. He knew her blatant feelings towards him, but he never returned them. She could only guess that the moron hadn't even seen them in neon letters above her head.
 
“InuYasha! InuYasha, I'm coming back!” There was a large chance that Kikyou had returned with Naraku, but Kagome was willing to pay that price.
 
No more would she wallow in her self-pity. Kagome was dead-set and determined to make InuYasha happy, even if it meant a little of saving Kikyou for him.
 
She smiled. `We always love-hated eachother. What's different now?' Nothing, she realized. And she was strangely glad.
 
~*~
 
Her breaths were shaky at best. It was a labored action that caused a searing pain to lance throughout her entire body.
 
“Rise, wind witch. You live to serve me once more.” Kagura wanted so desperately to snarl at that hated voice.
 
No… Please allow me freedom. Onegai, not again.
 
Haunting laughter sounded from above her, and she nearly cried (halted only by her inability to create the tears).
 
“Kanna, live once more as a faithful servant to your lord.”
 
Kagura pushed her naked form off the ground littered with half parts of youkai. She stumbled a few times, but was finally able to erect herself fully.
 
The kimono she had always worn before lay in a crumpled heap at her feet, and she bent to collect it. “You should serve me naked, witch. You could do with a bit of humility.”
 
This time she did snarl. With no grace, she dressed herself and immediately produced a feather to fly upon.
 
Not even one such as yourself should rule me, but I will do your bidding to spare my life. I have a feeling that there is more to this than it seems.
 
~*~
 
Author's Note: Oh my goodness, you guys! I just posted my chapter yesterday and I got two utterly flattering reviews. You guys make me want to cry (In a good way)! Cookies for InuGrrrl (By the way I totally dig ALL of your fictions! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for Fatality, The Edge of Seventeen, and Forgive Me Anything 2- Hint Hint ) and Winterwood. You really made that masochistic drive for completing this story to be worth it ^ ____ ^. Thank you soooooo much!!
 
Maybe I'll do another chapter soon… Like tonight…?