InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where Silence Meant Everything ❯ Kekkai ( Chapter 13 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~Chapter 13~
Kekkai
 
“I'm coming back!” Kagome's voice was a welcome melody in the dimly lit hut. InuYasha was startled enough to spill tea all over the floor before leaping to the moving girl.
 
Her eyes were still screwed shut, but she was starting to gain a bit of colour to her cheeks. She was sweating and writhing on the rough floor of the hut. InuYasha, despite the wide-eyed stares of his renegade group, picked her up. She stilled immediately and his name tumbled from her dry, cracked lips.
 
InuYasha was hard-put to not allow the tears, that so threatened his pride, to stain his cheeks. He opted, instead, for putting her ear to his mouth and reassuring her. “Kagome… Come back, that's it. Kagome…”
 
~*~
 
InuYasha's thick comforting voice allowed some of the darkness before her to clear. She was still running, her smile was radiant and she could almost feel his presence next to her, holding her.
 
She was coming home. Home to InuYasha.
 
Kagome slowly pulled on another girl's hand, willing the slower girl to keep up.
 
~*~
 
Sesshoumaru growled low in his throat. It was taking all of his energy not to transform as the nisou drew on him as an anchor.
 
The demon lord was well versed in the way these things worked. In order for her to be pulled back from death- without the use of Tensaiga- she would have to pull on some sort of youki or holy power.
 
Why was it that he was always stuck in these situations?
 
Slowly his eyes were bleeding crimson. Nisou! Faster. I will not allow you to use me like this any longer.
 
“Gomen, Sesshoumaru-sama… I have to get to him. I have Kikyou, now.”
 
Fool! He barked at her. You may not bring her back! She will return only as ash!
 
~*~
 
As InuYasha buried his face into Kagome neck and inhaled, he could scent something amiss. She had never smelled like her before.
 
“Kagome… Onegai. Just come back.”
 
Miroku and Sango (who was oblivious to Miroku's hand trailing down her backside) stared on in wonder. Never before had they seen the hanyou so affectionate.
 
The mood was effectively ruined by a resounding slap. Sango's face was red for entirely different reasons.
 
InuYasha snarled, and lifted Kagome off the floor. Silently he exited the hut, sending the taiji-ya and houshi a look that spelled `Do Not Follow Me. Or Die.' They complied without complaint.
 
~*~
 
Kagome stopped abruptly and stared at the girl who looked so much like herself.
 
“Kikyou.” The older miko looked up at her with cold, demure eyes. “Even though we are so different, it would be hard to den we are the same.” Kikyou looked confused and Kagome withdrew her hand from the slightly colder one of the miko before her. “We have the same desire, Kikyou. We want to see InuYasha.”
 
“It's different, girl.” Kagome looked hurt, but said nothing. “You want to see him, however, I will take him to Hell with me. He will be mine to have no matter what you want.”
 
Kagome looked down. Despite InuYasha's words resounding in her head, she was unable to look the other miko in the eye. “You died, Kikyou. To all of us,” She swallowed hard, “even to InuYasha, you are dead.”
 
Kikyou smiled serenely. “He will soon perish as well.”
 
~*~
 
InuYasha was running. He needed to get to that damn well. He needed to look away from the intoxicating glow of the damn Shikon no Tama around Kagome's throat, He needed Kagome to wake up, to sit him, to tell him that she was okay. He would call her stupid and argue about her going home.
 
And everything would be alright!
 
Kami-sama, just come back!
 
~*~
 
Kikyou pushed the girl away and allowed a barrier to flair up around herself. “You have a body no longer!”
 
Kagome couldn't wipe the look of terror from her face. She immediately lept into action and threw herself at the other girl. “Iie! It is my body, onegai!”
 
To her horror, the barrier pulsed twice before rejecting her, sending her sprawling on the grass that now lined the horrible dream.
 
She whimpered. “Inu… Yasha…”
 
Sesshoumaru appeared next to her in an instant. “Naraku, you may come from your hiding place now.”
 
Deep laughter filled their ears as Kikyou's body was ripped apart.
 
Sesshoumaru let poison drip freely from his fingers.
 
“Come out of the jewel, Onigumo. You lure a youkai in to release you. What a coward.”
 
~*~
 
Author's note: A rather short chapter, heh. Sorry about that. Couldn't think of a better place to leave it off.
 
Probably two more chapter and an epilogue, and then this journey is at an end.
 
InuGrrrl this chapter was to you. <3s and InuYasha nudie posters to you.