InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Where the Sun Rises ❯ Push ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
AN: Here is Chapter Three for all to read. I hope you enjoy this one, and review if you can.
............................................................... ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ................................
Where the Sun Rises
Chapter Three:
Push

"Okay, Miroku. What do you want?" Sango asked, deciding they have walked far enough into the trees.

"Well... it's about Inuyasha."

Her gaze and ears perked up. "Have you heard from him?"

"No, but I just wanted to talk to you about him." His mouth suddenly became very dry and he found it hard to speak. "Since he left, I keep wondering why he didn't take you with him."

She raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Because he wants to secure the East before he takes me there. He wants to be sure it's safe before we move there and start our family."

'Family?' his mind panicked. He tried to hide his surprise as he continued. "I just don't think his plan will turn out the way he's hoping it would, that's all I'm saying. Maybe he's not planning to come back."

A heavy sigh from Sango told him that his reasoning made no sense. He knew it too, but he had to get her alone to attempt what he really wanted to do. Mimicking her sigh, he decided to just go for it.

"Sango," he said evenly. He took a step forward, his eyes locked to hers. "I have to admit, I still want you. More than you can ever understand." He took another step, this one placing him directly in front of her. "Let me have you..."

With a quick motion, he wrapped his arm around her waist, and pulled her into a kiss. She went rigid at the contact, but just as fast, pushed him away from her as hard as she could. As a result, the monk flew back into a nearby tree and cracked its trunk. Upon sliding down to the grass, he went limp.

Sango could only stare wide-eyed at what she had done, and when the shock subsided enough to let her body move, she rushed over to Miroku's body. He was unconcious yet still breathing, but the collision between the back of his head and the tree had left a bloody mess through his black hair. "Oh Miroku," she whispered to him, parting his hair to see the damage. "I hope this serves as a lesson to you. Inuyasha would be furious at you if he ever found out what happened."

Draping his arm over her shoulder, she stood with him leaning onto her back. "I'm glad I'm stronger than I was before," she grunted as she trudged back to camp.

When he heard rustling leaves and footsteps drawing nearer, Sesshomaru raised his head. He saw Sango enter the clearing with the human male on her back. He watched her carefully lower him to the ground, then collapse next to him to catch her breath. "What happened to him?" he asked, though he could probably guess.

She paused. "He kissed me, and I pushed him away. Apparently too hard because he flew back against a tree." Her eyes lowered. "He still loves me."

"It is good that you taught him to never touch you again," Sesshomaru nodded. "He was too late to gain your affections, and now he has become foolish enough to risk his life for kissing another's mate. I suggest you tell him that if my brother were to find out, he would not live long enough to apologize."

"I think he's got the point," Sango said, looking over at Miroku's body. "Inuyasha doesn't have to know about this."

"Why do you insist on protecting that monk?"

Sango's eyes widened at the question. Increduously, she replied, "I am not protecting him! I just don't want anyone to be killed over a mistake."

The demon lord gazed at her with disapproval. But his words betraying his look, he said, "if you do not want my brother to find out, then I will not tell him. Just make sure the monk understands what is at stake if he continues his behavior."

"Fine. I'll tell him first thing tomorrow morning."

"Good."

.................................... ........................................................................... ........................................................................... ..........................................................

"Y'know, I don't even know your names."

"Call me Mizuki," the ferret said proudly, sticking its chest out.

"Mizuki? That sounds like a girl's name. Aren't you a boy?"

Mizuki's chest deflated. "Well... yeah. But I like the name Mizuki, so I use it."

Inuyasha turned his head to hide a smile as he quickly changed the subject. "So where are these boars?"

"We are almost there, Lord Inuyasha," Mizuki assured. "I must admit, My Lord, that these boar demons are very scary indeed. But since I am the only ferret demon that accompanied you on your official business, I think I should be rewarded."

Turning back to him, Inuyasha raised an eyebrow. "How?"

"Maybe a promotion, My Lord. Yes, a promotion in your ranks will do nicely. If I may be so bold to request this, My Lord, I like the title of Head Ferret."

Snickering softly, Inuyasha nodded. "Okay then, Mizuki. I now appoint you as Head Ferret in the ranks of my developing kingdom."

"Yipee!" Mizuki hopped up and down. "I will not fail you, Lord Inuyasha."

"I have faith in you."

"We have arrived, Lord Inuyasha."

The hanyou had to cover his sensitive nose from the offending smell that radiated from the upcoming castle, which rose from the tops of the forest trees. "Are these giant boars? Because based off this smell, you'd think there'd be hundreds of 'em," he said.

"No, My Lord, there are only four. And yes, they are quite big. Any fighter would have trouble taking them on. If they will fight you now, then I wish you luck, My Lord."

"Well, let's go inside and see," Inuyasha said bravely. "Sango, this is for you."

......................................................... ........................................................................... ........................................................................... .....................................
AN:
Ah, the plot thickens! Will Miroku heed the warnings he's been given? And how will Inuyasha deal with the four big problems that are keeping him from establishing his kingdom in the East? Answers are coming soon. Review if you can, and Chapter Four is coming your way!