InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ White As Snow ❯ New Member ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter One: New Members

< Eight Months Earlier>

“NO WAY!” Inuyasha yelled furiously. Why did Sesshomaru want to join his group? He hates humans and, even more so, he hated Inuyasha. `Who does he think he is? Coming out of nowhere and stating that he's joining my group? As if I'll let the bastard get his way. He's probably just thinking of a plan to get his hand on my tessaiga.'

“Inuyasha, think about this logically. We need all the help we can get. The battle with Naraku is coming up fast and we need to be prepared,” Miroku said, approaching his friend, trying to calm him down.

“Like hell! There's no way I'm letting this bastard tag along with us! He's probably planning to kill us when we sleep and take my tessaiga.” Inuyasha yelled back at the monk, thinking how `dare he not be on my side'.

“Inuyasha, I don't believe that Sesshomaru would do something like that. He has too much honor to kill someone in their sleep, enemy or not. And Miroku is right; we're going to need his help when the final battle finally approaches,” Kagome said, placing a hand on Inuyasha's shoulder, her eyes pleading for him to be reasonable.

Inuyasha shook Kagome's hand off of him and growled at her, saying, “Keh, no one asked you, you stupid wench! Apparently you still don't know danger even when it's standing right in front of you. And besides, I'm the leader of this group and I said no!”

“…Inuyasha…SIT!” Kagome had had enough of Inuyasha's yelling and name calling for one day. She hated how he would call her `wench' and `stupid,' especially when it was in front of Shippo and Rin.

Kagome stepped over Inuyasha's grumbling body. She wasn't paying any attention to him anymore, although she did hear parts of `bitch', `dumb', and `Kikyo.' She approached the tall, stoic lord of the west who was a full foot taller than her.

Although Kagome would never admit this out loud, she found Sesshomaru ever handsome (even sometimes sexy). His golden eyes shone brighter than the sun and pulled her into their depths without even meaning to. Kagome wishes she could trace the maroon strips on his cheeks and the dark blue crescent moon on his forehead. And his lips looked so luscious and soft, even when they were pressed into their infamous hard line. He walked with the gracefulness of a flowing river; when he was in battle, he fought with ease and skill, making it look simple. Sesshomaru was possibly the best looking man Kagome had ever seen.

When Kagome finally reached Sesshomaru, she said with a small, quiet voice, “Please forgive Inuyasha. We would be forever grateful if you would aid use in the oncoming battle with Naraku.”

Sesshomaru looked down at the small woman-child. He noted that although she spoke quietly to him, he did not detect any fear in her what-so-ever. `Why does this human not fear me?' he thought to himself with curiosity. “Hn.” Was all the reply Sesshomaru gave to Kagome. `She is an interesting creature, even if she is just a human.'