InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ White As Snow ❯ Return of Something Taken ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Three: Return of Something Taken

It had been a couple more months after the night Kagome hugged Sesshomaru. Both were still confused and didn't know what to make out of it, but it was apparent (to everyone) that they were getting closer. Whenever they were traveling, Kagome would always walk next to Sesshomaru and when they made camp at night, Kagome would sleep near Sesshomaru. Sesshomaru also seemed more protective of Kagome. When they were in battle, he would protect her more fiercely than he ever did before. He even protected her from Inuyasha's name calling and taunting.

Inuyasha didn't like this one bit. He would become furious when he saw them together and very jealous. `Sesshomaru needs to say away from Kagome! She is mine!'

The group was currently setting up camp for the night. Sango and Kagome were making a fire while Miroku catch rabbits for dinner. The children were at a nearby field, picking flowers before the sun went completely down. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru were leaning against trees opposite each other, glaring at one another.

As the sun started to set Sesshomaru walked over to where Kagome was cooking dinner. “Miko, this Sesshomaru has something he wants to discuss with you.” This voice left no room for the question she wanted to ask, so she got up and started following Sesshomaru.

“And where the hell do you think you're going,” Inuyasha said as he jumped right in front of Kagome. “Dinner isn't ready yet and I'm starving!”

“Inuyasha please,” Kagome said as she resisted the urge to rub her temple. “I am just going to have a talk with Sesshomaru real quick. I will finish dinner as soon as I get back, I promise.”

“Hell no! You're not about to wonder off with Sesshomaru just so he can get you alone and kill you. Stop being so stupid!” Inuyasha shouted at her, nearly turning red in the face.

“Unless you want me to say `it', I highly suggest you calm down and let me go speak with Sesshomaru, Inuyasha,” Kagome glared at the hanyou. She really didn't want to `sit' him but he was getting on her nerves.

“Keh, whatever then. Don't expect me to save your pathetic ass.” Inuyasha stated as he turned and jumped into the forest.

Kagome just rolled her eyes and continued to walk with Sesshomaru into another clearing away from the other adults and the children.

Both Kagome and Sesshomaru sat next to each other in the clearing. Kagome was a little anxious about what Sesshomaru wanted to talk to her about but she waited until he would speak first.

Without looking at her the Taiyokai said, “I am going back to my castle in the western lands to take care of some business for two weeks. While I am there I want you to return to your home in the future.”

“Why do you want me to go home while you are gone,” Kagome was confused to say the very least. She stared at him, awaiting his response.

Sesshomaru turned to look Kagome straight in the eyes and said, “You are to go home because you will be safe there. I will not be around so I cannot insure your protection. You will head back tomorrow before the sun sets.” He didn't know why he was telling her this. `Why can't she just do what she's told without question like Rin does'.

They were silent for what seemed like an hour, just staring at each other. With a sigh, Kagome finally looked away and said, “Okay. I will go until you come back.”

Both of them stood up to start heading back to camp when Kagome quickly turned around and placed her hand on him. She didn't just place her hand anywhere either; she placed it on the stub where his left arm used to be. Sesshomaru was about to get furious with her for touching the one part of his body that he felt most ashamed of when he left a tingly, warm sensation starting to spread from her hand into his stub. Kagome concentrated hard, separating her healing powers from her healing powers. Her hand glowed a light blue color before turning into a bright shining light that they both had to look away from.

As the light faded, Sesshomaru felt something that he hadn't felt in a long time. His arm had been returned to him. He flexed the replaced appendage and open and closed his hand. It felt as if his arm had never been missing in the first place.

He turned the eyes to the miko. She was watching his newly formed arm with a smile on her face. He could tell that she was very proud of herself. As he looked at her he noticed that her eyes were different. Her eyes were an icy blue color just like the color of the light that was on her hand as she healed him. But all too soon the color became murky and transformed back to the chocolate brown eyes that he was used to.

Kagome looked away from Sesshomaru's arm and looked him in the eyes still with a smile on her face. She didn't expect him to thank her; she felt that it was her fault that it was taken away in the first place. She felt so accomplished that she actually did it.

Without a word to each other, they headed back for the camp. Neither of them realized that they were being watched by one very angry, golden-eyed hanyou.