InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ White As Snow ❯ Jealousy ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter Four: Jealousy

`How could she?' Inuyasha thought to himself as he punched a whole into another innocent tree. `How could she give our enemy back his arm? The arm I cut off to protect her.'

Inuyasha had not gone back to the camp that night. He knew that if he had he would've tried to kill Sesshomaru and maybe even cause Kagome harm. After witnessing her give his bastard of a half-brother back his arm, Inuyasha went deeper in the forest to let out the rage he could feel building up inside of him. He just couldn't wrap his head around why Kagome would do such a thing.

The sun was starting to rise as he slowly made his way back to camp. The sun was starting to rise and he knew that everyone would be waking up soon. He needed to get himself under control before he there but damnit he was still pissed. `I need answers. I will talk to Kagome alone and get them out of her.'

As he entered the clearing, he noticed that Sesshomaru was no longer there. `The bastard must've gotten an early start.' Inuyasha couldn't help but glare at Kagome's sleeping form. She had the kitsune and the little human child, that followed Sesshomaru around, tucked into her sleeping bag with her.

Deciding it was time for everyone one to get up, Inuyasha walked over to Kagome and shock her. “Yo wench! Get up! We need to start heading towards Keade's. Get your lazy ass up!”

“Inuyasha, why do we need to go back to Lady Keade's village and where did Lord Sesshomaru go,” asked the monk as he slowly sat up from his resting position and stretched his sore muscles. Miroku would never get used to sleeping on the ground. He would much rather con some wealthy merchant into letting the group stay at his place while the “expelled” some demon from his home.

“Don't worry about it monk! Everyone just get up and start moving!” Inuyasha turned his back on the group and started to walk in the direction of the old lady's village. He didn't want to explain to everyone what Kagome had done for his brother. If he did, he knew that they would be too afraid to let her talk to him alone. Inuyasha wasn't the most rational person when it came to Sesshomaru. There's no telling what he would do.

The village had come into view around mid-evening. “Everyone go ahead. I need to speak with Kagome. We will be there shortly,” Inuyasha said. He knew he was going to be asked `why' so before anyone could utter a syllable he picked up Kagome and jumped into the forest.

Once a good bit a ways from the village, Inuyasha set Kagome down and just stared at her. She fidgeted under the hanyou's gaze, feeling slightly uneasy at the moment. “Inuyasha, what is it that you need to talk to me about?”

“I saw you, Kagome,” Inuyasha said as he still gazed at her. “I saw you give Sesshomaru his arm back. How could you do that?! He is our enemy! What's next? You're going to give your shards over to Naraku!” He couldn't hide it anymore, the anger spilled out of him in waves.

Kagome was surprised; she didn't know that Inuyasha had been there. But to her it didn't really matter. “Inuyasha, Sesshomaru is not our enemy. We have been traveling together for months and he hasn't once tried to cause any of us harm,” Kagome said softly. “I gave him his arm back so he would be strong. He'll need it once we face Naraku….”

Kagome's voice faded out as she felt something powerful coming towards them. “Inuyasha...” Kagome said as her fear started to rise. She knew what this powerful force was; it was the Shikon on Tama.

Inuyasha sniffed the air and growled, “Nara...” He didn't finish his sentence. He sniffed the air again and caught the scent of clay and dirt coming from the opposite direction. “Kikyo.” Inuyasha quickly jumped and sped off in the direction that the dead miko's smell was coming from, leaving Kagome all alone where he left her.

She tried to call him back to her and run after him but it seemed hopeless. She wasn't nearly as fast as he was and she wasn't sure exactly where she was headed. `He left me! He left me alone with Naraku so close!'

Kagome barely had time to finish her thought when a pair of tentacles wrapped around her legs and waist preventing her from going any further. She screamed and yelled for help but it was no use, she was too far away from the village for anyone to hear her.

“Now, now my dear miko, don't make such a fuss. Are you not glad to see me,” Naraku chuckled as he stepped out of the shadows. “I am very glad to see you, especially since you're all alone.” Naraku stepped up to the frightened miko and looked deeply into her fear-stricken eyes.

“Do not worry little Kagome, I will take good care of you.”