InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Who Said it Was Easy? ❯ Infamous Boogie Man of the Dark ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 5

Disclaimer: Once more, I do NOT own InuYasha. No suing. I'm broke as fuck.

It didn't come as a crashing... It wasn't loud... It was barely even audible...

It was early, early in the morning. Before the first light... InuYasha wiped the sleep out of his eyes, the first time he had had to do so in what seemed like an eternity... He hadn't slept so soundly in so long, and he quite liked the deep sleep... he had never really felt so rested...

Well, he would have felt very rested if it wasn't fucking four in the morning. He sat up slowly, slowly, as not to make a sound in the thick darkness... For some reason his nose burned, and he couldn't smell anything... He pinched his nose, coughing slightly. Whoever it was probably knew he was awake... And probably knew they were in here, or else he would have been able to smell them...

He faced his ears toward the front, the hairs on the back of them standing on end... He was sensitive to every vibration that reached them... A soft rustling, and he turned to face it.

"Who's there?!" He let out a soft growl, patting the bedside next to him to make sure his Kagome was there...

Wha… She... She wasn't!

He flinched involuntarily, turning around in a circle on the bed. He couldn't see! "WHERE'S KAGOME, YOU STUPID FUCK?!"

"InuYasha, InuYasha! It's me… Couldn't you smell me?" He felt Kagome's light footsteps against the floorboard, and he heard what sounded like an imitation of a sniffing noise. "I... guess not... ," she whined then, "my nose burns now! I didn't notice it before..." He sighed...

"Someone did that to kill my sense of smell, now get the fuck back over to the bed so I can protect you." He heard Kagome take a few steps... Then a soft cry escaped through her lips... "Y-you're at the bed, right...?"

What a stupid bitch... "Yes, yes I am. Why, is the boogie-man standing next to you or something?" Her heard a louder whimper escape her lips. "Kagome, there's no such thing. Well, it's like there are youkais and hanyous and evil spirits and ghosts and stuff like that... But the boogie man is fake..."

She backed up toward him, grabbing his hand. "Kagome is this a joke? Stop goofing off, you're making me nervous..." Kagome clenched it... Her hands were clammy, sweaty... Was she serious? He stood up and tried to pull her back, but was prevent by something holding on to her other hand.

…InuYasha was now convinced there was indeed a boogie man.

InuYasha's hands flew around her waist and he yanked her from whatever was hold her. Kagome's body went limp in his arms... Oh fuck, she chose the greatest times to... What was this? A feathered item was protruding from her neck. It appeared to be a tranquilizer dart of some sort. He yanked it out and murmured... Someone was doing this on purpose and they definitely wanted Kagome... He was just surprised they didn't put up more of a fight to get her back earlier.

InuYasha moved forward uncertainly. He couldn't see a damn thing in the dark! His ears pointed towards the ceiling, trying to grasp every movement of the room. Whoever it was, was a demon to be certain! There was no way humanly possible a mortal could achieve such silence.

Suddenly he was struck fiercely in the back of his head, and a white hot light flashed over his eyes. He grabbed the back of his head, feeling blood come from the obstruction. In the moment of his jerking, he had dropped Kagome. He could feel her near his feet and he bent down to pick her up, swaying a bit since he was dizzy.

A sudden breeze and she vanished from her spot. He heard the window open... And someone laugh mockingly at him... He heard them bend over and pick up Kagome from where they had laid her down...

InuYasha felt the blood drip down his back... His strength was leaving him... He felt his body falling, falling for an eternity, falling into an abyss... And through the abyss the only thing he could see was Kagome's face...

A/N: Wow… Short chapter… surprise surprise… I wasn't too happy with this chapter, once I reread it. But I couldn't find much to edit… So I left it the way it was for the most part. And by the way, I might put up chapter six reeaaalll soon just cause this was so short! See you guys later.

Replies:

Fairlight: You're welcome, I try to write properly ^_^. Hope you enjoy it more.

Katrina108: Lemon site? Whoooa, you'll love it. It's http://missdream.com/religious/index2.html