InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Will It Be Too Late ❯ Tape Four ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the characters nor did I create any of it, all of that belongs to the one and only RUMIKO TAKAHASHI. The book, "Thirteen Reasons Why," by Jay Asher, inspired me to write this particular fanfic, so the plot of this story goes all towards him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

A/N: Thank you to the readers who reviewed; I love you guys. I hope you all enjoy this chapter as well.

Chapter 5: Tape Four

Waking up from her sleep, she reluctantly removes herself to get ready for work. A place where she really does not want to show up. Kagome works at a small café as a waitress. She does not get paid very much and the customers are cheap with the tips. It's bad enough the boss/owner has the waitresses wearing the skankiest outfits. Kagome not only has to deal with her perverted boss, but other perverts that visit there. She did not have a choice, but to accept the job there because no other place would hire her.

Finally off the bed completely, she slowly walks over to her dresser to look at herself in the mirror. Now facing the reflector she looks at herself, seeing that her eyes are puffy and red, due to the fact of crying all through the night. Tear streaks dried all on her face and the cuts that adorned her arms are closed, but red around the edges. As she finishes glancing at herself through the speculum, she sets off to get ready for work.

Walking down the stairs to leave for work, Kagome tries to avoid running into her mother before she tries to raid her for more money that Kagome does not have. Almost approaching the front door, she hears footsteps coming towards her. Silently cursing her luck, she hesitantly turns around and watches her mom come out of the kitchen drinking out of a Vodka bottle.

"Where are you going, whore," her mother asks.

Flinching at the way her mother called her a whore, "to work," she whispers.

Slapping Kagome's face, "slut, speak up when you talk to me. When you're on your way back here from work, go and fetch me some more liquor," she tells Kagome while walking back into the kitchen.

Touching her now sore face, Kagome runs out the door towards her job with tears flowing down her bruised face.

O0O0O

Arriving at work, Kagome calmly walks into the changing room to put on her uniform. As she walked through the door, she never seen the look all the other waitresses were throwing towards her. They held nothing but pure hatred for Kagome, just because they wanted to and felt like it. Every chance they could get, they would steal most of her tips and whatever money their boss would give for her work, which was hardly anything to begin with. The owner never paid with checks, but only with cash. When she would have her hands full with trays and dishes to bring to a certain table, they would trip her intentionally. Kagome never liked her job, but she only dealt with it because she needed the money to pay for the bills in the house and her mother's alcohol.

Walking to her locker, which had 'prostitute' painted on it, she opens it to retrieve her outfit. The uniform was a black maid's outfit that barely covered anything. The skirt passed her butt not by much, but just enough. The top pushed up her breasts making them show almost all of her bosom. No matter how much she tries to fix her top, so that she can cover her cleavage; the fabric would never budge. While fixing her top, she never noticed a visitor who just walked in.

"What is taking you so long to get ready and start your shift," her boss asked with a booming voice.

Jumping at the sound of his voice, Kagome stops trying to adjust the top half of her uniform and quickly placed on her high heels. "Sorry sir, I am on my way right now," she says as she tries to walk by him, but unfortunately he grabbed her around the waist to keep her from leaving.

"I didn't say you can leave, now did I," the boss whispered in her ear huskily while feeling up on her thigh.

"N-No Sir," she stutters with silent tears pouring down her face. 'Please not again,' she pleads to herself.

"That's what I thought. You don't want a repeat of what happened last time," he pauses as he cups her sex, "now I suggest you get to work," he says while releasing her.

"Yes, Mr. Miroku," Kagome responds while leaving the locker room in a flash.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Walking into his room, Sesshomaru throws his backpack on the bed, while taking a seat at his desk. Sesshomaru had another tough day, he had to deal with Inuyasha's whore again and he was now suffering from a migraine. His headache began to become worse when his mind wandered off to thoughts of Kagome, and what she was doing at the moment. Shaking his head to clear his thoughts, he removes himself from the desk to retrieve the next tape for him to listen to.

Grabbing said disk, he inspects it; wondering if he should even listen to it or just toss it and the rest of the curse tapes and forget all about Kagome. Ever since the day she left that package in his locker, he has not been himself lately. His thoughts are always occupied of her, and he has not been paying much attention in class as he should be. "Is this really worth it," he whispers to himself while holding up the little tape that told a part of Kagome's sad life story. It's as if he has a little devil on one side of his head telling him to just forget her, and go back to his emotionless façade and not worry about anyone like he used to. And on the other side there stood an angel telling him to continue with her wishes and see what are on the tapes. Taking a deep breath, he hesitates and begins to walk to his bed with the tape in hand. As if on cue, he carefully places the cassette in the recorder and begins to listen to the recording.

"You know being in a love triangle is a very sad thing. Always loving someone who does not even know you exist, and who loves another. I used to always wish that I was the person he loved and not the other woman. When his girlfriend, Kikyo, had passed, I thought I would have a chance with him, but I was sadly mistaken. She was so smart and beautiful, every girl wished to be her. I'm sure you knew I was so deeply in love with your brother, Inuyasha, it was so obvious. It was obvious to everyone, but not to him. At least that's what I thought before a certain day."

*****FLASHBACK*****

It was Valentine's Day, and the school was adorned with paper cut hearts along the halls and classrooms. It was a day Kagome had been waiting for, so that she could give Inuyasha a Valentine's card, and tell him that she was so madly in love with him. As she was closer to his locker, she seen him talking to another girl. While watching the scene, she begins to walk towards him slowly trying to think of what to say to him.

"H-Hi In-In-Inuyasha," she stutters, "I came to give you this," she says while holding out the card she wanted to give to him.

Looking at her with so much disgust on his face, he slaps the card from her hand. "I don't want that from you, did you think I did not notice the way you looked at me every time I passed you through the hall," he bellowed. "Get it through your thick skull you bitch, I am not interested," he tells Kagome as he pushed her to the ground.

Kagome was so shocked at the way he acted towards her. She used to think he was the sweetest guy ever, but then again love is blind as most would say. As she sat on the ground Kagome started to cry silently, clutching the card to her chest as if it was her life line. Her eyes were so blurry with tears, that she could only see red dots of Sango's heels.

"I am Inuyasha's girl now," Sango says, "and if you come anywhere near him; I will crush you," she says dangerously while sticking her heel in Kagome's leg to prove her point.

As Sango and Inuyasha watches Kagome hastily get up from her seated position and run off, they began to laugh at her.

Hearing their laughter, Kagome starts to cry harder for a love that would never happen.

*****END FLASHBACK*****

When Inuyasha was with Kikyo, I used to sometimes pretend I was her. I used to dress like her, and wear my hair just like hers. I wanted Inuyasha, and always wished that he could one day love me as he did her. Even though he told me clearly that he did not want anything to do with me, I still loved him. But that clearly changed when I seen what he and Sango were really made of. And how of a slut Sango portrayed herself.

As the taped finished, Sesshomaru could not help but feel a little jealous at the thought of her loving Inuyasha. "Why am I so jealous," he asks himself, "I do not want her." But deep down inside, something was telling him the opposite.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

Finally home, Kagome walks in the house with her mother's liquor in hand. Walking inside the kitchen, she sees her mom sprawled out on the kitchen table with her eyes half closed.

"Do you have my alcohol," her mother slurs.

"Yes mam," she replies as she hesitantly holds out the liquor bottle towards her mother.

Snatching the bottle, "It better be the drink I wanted," she threatens, "now go take a shower, you smell like shit."

After the little encounter with her mother, Kagome heads up to her room and quickly locks the door. Satisfied that her door was securely locked, she goes to her drawer and makes another steep cut upon her arm.

"Only nine more days to go," she whispers to herself while lying in her bed to go to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

A/N: Another chapter done. How was it? Was it bad, good, sad…? Let me know, because I personally do not like this chapter as much.