InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Hearts ❯ Joining Pt.1 ( Chapter 15 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
*Disclaimer: Not mine!!!*

A/N: So lets see, Kagome is getting a horrible dream, will it bring her out of her stupor? Sesshy also admitted his love for her… what lengths will he go to save her? Oh and the music is the same as last chapter.

Last Chapter:

Kagome only nodded waiting for the woman to go on. Midoriko did not speak though, only gestured to a blank space in front of her, and before Kagome’s eyes she saw every fear in her heart come to life. She felt every pain and heard every scream. She saw the future of her family if she did not defeat Naraku.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome could feel the emotions coming back to her within her dream. Her mother, grandfather and even Souta would be bound for a world of pain, suffering and eventually a gruesome death. The whole world in fact would have that fate. Naraku would have completed the Shikon no Tama and no one would be around that was strong enough to stop him, no one except her. She would have died in the past by Naraku’s hand, because she gave up all hope of living. She could change it though, she would change it.

“Kagome, do you see your destiny? You must change what the future holds, you must live and fight. If not for yourself, then for them.” Midoriko pleaded. She could tell by the look in the girl’s eyes that she had made her decision but she needed to hear it. In order for this all to work, Kagome needed a verbal admission that she wished to live and fight.

“My fate, my destiny is clear Midoriko. I will destroy Naraku, and save the few things I hold dear to my heart. No one deserves such a cruel future. No family deserves to live in fear of him.” Kagome stated with confidence.

“Very good my dear. You have accepted your life. You will need more strength to defeat him, the strength of you, me and the strength of the one you love. I will join with you, become part of you. Only then will our forces be strong enough when the time comes.” With that statement, Midoriko stepped towards Kagome and placed a hand upon her heart.

“With your love, accept my strength to help protect those who you hold within your heart.” Midoriko chanted into the dream and her body joined inside Kagome’s.

*****

Waking up Kagome could feel the strength inside of her, flowing through her veins. It was time. Time to destroy the man who caused her so much anguish, the man who took away all those she loved. Naraku would die and soon.


*****

Sesshoumaru awoke with a start, in the immense field, he could feel Kagome, feel her power increase. He did not know what caused such a thing to be brought out in her, but he was relieved. Somehow, some way she was back, back from the empty shell she had been in.

The day before, the lords had a meeting, and Sesshoumaru told the of the events that had happened with Kagome being taken. In the ends the lords had all come to an agreement about Naraku, the Southern lord knew Naraku’s stronghold was nearby his lands for that was where most of the attacks had taken place. They would destroy Naraku and take Kagome back, she would be needed in the end to purify the Shikon no Tama. Kouga had the last two shards in his legs, so it would only be so long before Naraku came after him again to complete the Shikon no Tama.

Rising, Sesshoumaru stared into the sky, a beautiful dawn with the sun rising slowly over the white, sparkling hill. Hues of pink, yellow and lavender scattered across the heavens. Sesshoumaru found the sight breathtaking, it has been a long time since he had enjoyed the sunrise, he only wished he had his arms wrapped around Kagome warding her off from the chill. Whispering words of his love for her into her ear. ‘Soon.’ He thought. Soon he would have her back and they would enjoy every sunrise and sunset together, as mates. If she would still accept him, for who and what he was. For everything he had done to her in the past, he wanted to make up for it in their future.


*****

Kagome was in a state of shock, Naraku had all but two of the shards for the Shikon no Tama and those last remaining shards belonged to Kouga. She was informed that Sesshoumaru along with the other lords were camped outside his stronghold, Kouga was among them. Naraku planned to attack later that day, and she was to accompany him for insurance. Believing no one would dare attack him while she was his hostage.

“Naraku, as you said before Sesshoumaru does not want me. You think he would hesitate to kill you and me?” Kagome spoke softly. She had to keep her powers down, keep on her act of an unemotional, weak miko.

“Ku, ku, ku. Kagome, my dear miko. Didn’t I tell you? It was I who tricked Sesshoumaru, I who made him believe you had betrayed him. If he truly didn’t want you, he would have killed you. I believe you will be of use to me still while around him and that wolf.” Naraku sneered towards her to gauge her reaction.

Although Kagome did not know until now that Naraku had tricked Sesshoumaru, he was right on one thing. If Sesshoumaru truly did not want her, why not kill her, instead of setting her free? Perhaps he did care, perhaps the dream she had of him was more real than she realized. ‘He loves you Kagome. Couldn’t you tell by the hurt in his eyes?’ Kagome sub-conscious spoke to her. ‘Oh Kami, if he does…. Naraku will use me against him. I can not allow that. I can not allow another person I love to be destroyed by this creature!’ Kagome screamed into her mind.

“I see you have finally come to terms Kagome. Finally realized that stupid dog fell for a human, just like that hanyou Inuyasha and just like their father. Just think of it this way, you will be the cause of this mighty taiyoukai falling. You will be his death just like you were the death of Inuyasha.” Naraku grinned evilly at the thoughts he bestowed upon Kagome.

She did not scream out against him, did not deny it, only stood there her head bowed as though she was still an empty soul, but he knew better. Somehow over night she had changed, no matter how she tried to hide it, he could feel it and he would use it to his full advantage.

Roughly grabbing her, he ordered Kagura to place her on a chain and miko collar, it was time to greet the lords and destroy them all. In the end he would complete the Shikon no Tama, and kill off this woman. If she didn’t die before hand that is. She was just a pawn, Naraku didn’t care either way if she died, as long as it was after he used her for his own evil needs.

After being bound to Naraku, they set off to face the lords, for the battle awaiting below. Kagome saw in her own mind, once again the pristine snow would be blood red and smell of death before the sun would set. Yet this time it would not be those she loved dead or dying. It would be Naraku.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am sooooo sorry this is soooo short. I am really having some problems writing this. The end is coming soon and I just.. I dunno… I don’t want it to end!!! I really suck at fight scenes as well, so that might also be why I am so cautious about continuing. Who knows. Please no flames on this chapter, because honestly I really did try, but after a few hours… this is all I had and decided to call it quits for now and release it. Monday or Tuesday the next chapter will be out. I think I just need a weekend break from it all. Well Ja ne!