InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Hearts ❯ All Alone ( Chapter 21 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
*Disclaimer: Not mine!!!*

A/N: Evanescence -My Immortal was used in this chapter. Please listen to it, it is an absolutely beautiful song. (thanks you-know-who for letting me hear this)



Inuyasha was running through the forest at his fastest possible speed. He knew such a thing was possibly going to happen because he was dead and had been violently taken away from Kagome. Now though, he was back and his mind was screaming, his soul bleeding. His heart breaking because he had lost someone else he loved more than he believed was possible. Kikyo, his first love was taken by Naraku, his mother by unknown forces, and now Kagome whom he loved dearly, by his own flesh and blood. By a man that caused her so much torment, his own brother.

Knocking down another unfortunate tree that came unto his path, Inuyasha howled out all of his pain into the wilderness. It physically hurt, when his fist connected with a large boulder but it did not compare to any of the pain in his soul. Falling to his knees, he hit the cold ground, could feel the snow’s wetness soaking his hakama, as his tears found way to his haori, absorbing it just as the snowflakes that began to fall when he left the castle.

It was blissful in some way the coldness surrounding him. It was as if the weather was meant to compliment his mood. Staring up at the now darkening sky he stared at the heavens above him, wondering why fate was so cruel. Why it allowed him to love and lose so many times.

Very slowly standing up, Inuyasha began walking through the seemingly vacant woods, his head down remembering of all the years he had been beside Kagome. Of all the times he wanted to tell her he loved her before that dreadful night, of how many times he wished she was his and only his for life. Yet now it was not to be, the cruel hand of fate had taken her and her love away from him. While in his musings he did not hear the crying in the distance at first because of his morbid thoughts dampening his senses.

*****

Crying, cold and alone was a lone woman with raven black hair, she did not know who she was. All she remembered was awakening in the middle of the forest, curled into a ball as though she just appeared. She searched around for anything familiar, anything that showed her who she was, and why she was there. Yet there was nothing, walking for hours it seemed, nothing seemed to help her. Loss of hope began to engulf her as she leaned against a tree, embracing it as you would a lover. Silent tears streaking her face began to change into mournful wails. It was then a twig snapped loudly not far from her. She lifted her head and turned to face whatever or whomever was behind her.

*****

Inuyasha stared wide eyed at the woman before him. He had come upon her, before really sensing she was there, she was crying and began to brood out louder as he cautiously tried to approach her. A twig he stepped on startled her from her thoughts as she turned to face him. ‘It can’t be. Could it?’ Inuyasha thought to himself. Walking very cautiously toward the woman who had first claimed his heart. Holding out a hand gently, she back away from him frightened.

“Kikyo. It’s me Inuyasha. Please I won’t hurt you.” Inuyasha spoke softly.

“Kikyo? Inuyasha? I do not remember that name, I do not remember anything.” Kikyo cried out again, collapsing to the ground.

“Who am I?” She whispered to herself, forgetting the hanyou who knelt down next to her and covered her thinly clad body with his haori.

“You are Kikyo. Don’t worry, we will have your memory back soon. Come, I know a place we may go to and have comfortable surroundings with some warm food.” He helped Kikyo up from the ground and began walking towards the nearest village, which was her old home at one time.

Inuyasha had thought about going to the castle, but he was not ready to see Kagome. Also being that Kikyo was alive again but had a loss of memory, he did not want to stress either woman out quite yet.

“Why are you being so nice to me? I don’t even remember you.” Kikyo asked the strange looking man who was assisting her.

“Because Kikyo, at one time we meant something to one another but we will talk of that all later. All I wish right now is for you to gain your basic memories back. What was between us is gone, and has been for years. I am your friend.” Inuyasha explained.

“Are you sure I am Kikyo? It does sound slightly familiar, but like it was another person. May I ask your name again?” Kikyo spoke softly.

“Inuyasha, and yes you are Kikyo. I do not know why you don’t have your memories, but we will find out together.” Inuyasha picked her up into his arms when she stumbled over a rock and she blushed.

Looking up at Inuyasha, Kikyo knew she should be afraid of him, because she could not remember who he was. For all she knew they were enemies, but she felt so right in his arms for some strange reason. She could feel the warmth coming from his body and she nestled her head slightly into his chest before drifting off into an uneventful slumber in his powerful arms.

*****

Arriving at the village, Inuyasha sought out Kaede’s hut. The old woman was sickly last time he saw her, but he hoped she had pulled through. He would need her now more than ever to bring Kikyo’s memory back to her.

Walking into the hut, Inuyasha noticed no one was there. Yet it still looked inhabited, Kaede must have been out helping someone in the village. Gently he laid his cargo down on a pallet and built a small fire in the hearth to keep warm. Inuyasha finally leaned up against the familiar wall he had slept on so many times while watching over Kagome these past years. Sighing, he let more memories flow through his mind, and staring at the replica of his heart’s desire did not help matters.

He had long ago realized Kikyo and Kagome were two totally different people and loved them for different reasons, but they both looked so much alike it was troublesome. The only difference he could physically see was Kikyo was taller and slightly more mature looking, but in the future Inuyasha was sure Kagome would look the exact same. Closing his eyes finally from exhaustion a single tear slipped past once again for all the dreams he had and lost so many times with two different, but similar women. In the end they were both in his heart and now here with him, but he was still all alone.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, yeah, I know really short. But I have not had any sleep since like Tuesday at 8am and its Weds. 6:30am. I am thinking about putting this chapter on the last one to make it longer and also not so broken up into short chappies. Anyway I will have another hopefully longer one out soon. Thanks again You Know Who. This small chapter was so wonderful because of that song’s inspiration.