InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Hearts ❯ Brotherly Talk ( Chapter 24 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: Not mine!

A/N: Sorry for the update taking forever. I just moved back home to my parents (screams with pain!). Anyway I also had surgery so there was just so much going on and not enough time to get to this story. So yeah, here I am, back once again. I just hope I can still write well enough for my readers. Enjoy!

Yawning in the moist morning light Sesshoumaru stretched like a cat would. His delicate claws gently digging into the rain soaked earth, his eyes blinking to adjust to the bright morning sun above. It had stopped raining, but now with the blazing sun, and the left over drops of rain and dew the world had turned into a shimmering heaven. Little diamonds were everywhere falling to the ground in a tranquil musical. It was serene and calm enough to place the half drowned dog demon into a better mood.

Sensing out a pond, he bathed and tried his best to make himself more presentable. In the distance there was what sounded like laughter. Sesshoumaru quickly donned his clothing before attempting to find out who it was. Following the laughter, he heard the unmistakable voice of his half brother. Yet it was the laughter that still had his attention peaked. Why did the voice sound chillingly familiar?

***

"Kikyo. Stop and wait here." Inuyasha paused while walking when suddenly he sensed his brother very close. Walking a little further into the woods away from his new mate, Inuyasha stared hard into the clearing enclosed by trees. "Sesshoumaru. Come out."

"Hmm, seems like you are getting better with that nose of yours. Hanyou." Sesshoumaru spoke trying to make his voice sound emotionless. Skillfully he jumped down from the branch he was perched upon. Standing up slowly in front of Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru glared at him with an expression that could freeze hell in an instant. "Tell me hanyou, why did you abandon Kagome and your friends? I thought you loved her. Or was your pride hurt that she chose me over you?" He knew he was goading Inuyasha, but he wanted to see if the pup still reacted recklessly as always.

"Fuck you Sesshoumaru. Is this the only reason you came out to find me so you can taunt me? Or does your `mate' have you by the balls already and you do her bidding like the dog you are?!" Inuyasha spat out. He was not angry with Kagome anymore, but for Sesshoumaru attack him verbally so was enough to raise his temper a notch.

Sesshoumaru felt the hair rise on his neck at the deliberate bait about his mate and himself. "Never if you value your life, say anything derogatory about Kagome ever again Inuyasha." Using his control that was beaten into him from puppy hood, he forced down the violence trying to escape. He came here to bring Inuyasha back to Kagome, not kill him.

Clearing his throat he continued calmly. "Kagome wishes you back. It has also come to my attention that instead of being a rogue, it is time you took some responsibility in your life. Settle down with a family and begin to earn your title as the second prince of the Western Lands. As you know if anything ever happened to me, or my unborn pup, you would be in charge. I will be damned if I let you take over as you are now. You need more discipline, more training and by Kami, taught more respect." Acting as if he was bored, Sesshoumaru studied his nails carefully. Before looking up at Inuyasha again. "You have heard my offer, what you do is your decision from here on out, but know this. I promised Kagome I would bring you back, whether you wish to grow up and come with me as my brother and father's youngest son is up to you. Yet either way, you will come back."

Inuyasha just glared at his brother and actually allowed his brain to process the things he was saying to him. `Sesshoumaru wants me to come back, not just for Kagome, but even as his brother?'

"Due to your promise to Kagome, I will return. Besides, I too have a mate now and wish to have something for my future pups to be proud of and call their own." Inuyasha gave a proud smile to Sesshoumaru.

Sesshoumaru stared strangely at the hanyou. `A mate he said? Oh now this will prove interesting.' "Who is this mate of your's Inuyasha?"

"Someone from the past, but someone new. Come meet her and don't be an arrogant ass like you normally are. She is different now." Inuyasha glared at his brother skeptically as if testing the water to see if it was too hot or too cold.

"Very well, brother, lead the way. I will not promise anything but remember this. You can only make a first impression once."

"Yes oh mighty Sesshoumaru. Give me a minute to prepare her for your royal presence." Inuyasha spoke sarcastically, while Sesshoumaru raised an elegant eyebrow unamused at his antics. "Lighten up."

~~~

Kikyo stood alone, smiling while the sun shone brightly upon her luminescent skin. `What was taking Inuyasha so long?' Her smile faltered slightly as worry began to take precedence. A noise behind her of rustling bushes caught her attention like a deer hearing a twig break in the distance. Whipping her head around quickly, a blur of red and white pounced on her, pushing her to the ground, while soft lips met hers.

Finally breaking the kiss, Inuyasha backed off while her straddled her. "Kikyo, the most amazing thing just happened. My brother was looking for me, to offer me the chance to become a prince of the Western Lands. And you my dear, are to meet him. Be warned though, he is cold and just a plain asshole at times. God knows what Kagome sees in him. Don't try overly hard to impress him, he will notice, koi. Most of all though, don't back down from him, or he will forever feel you inferior." After this rush of information was spoken like a three year old on candy, Inuyasha jumped up, offering a hand to her, so he could pry Kikyo off the ground.

Trying to dust off her kimono very quickly but efficiently, Kikyo looked up as she felt a dominating presence in front of her. Bowing and blushing slightly, she gave her respect to the taiyoukai. "My lord. I am Kikyo, mate of Inuyasha. Thank you for your gracious offer of allowing him to return to your lands. Thank you for allowing him to take a ningen such as me with and as his respected mate." She glanced her eyes up at him and noticed the sudden coldness and anger there.

"I have allowed nothing, this is something my mate wishes. As for you, I remember you. I also remember not having fond memories of you. I do not think it wise if you traveled with. The invitation was only extended to Inuyasha at the time. Not his mate."

Tears formed into Kikyo's eyes when she heard this horrible news. Apparently something she had done before in her other life was back to haunt her. She gazed at Inuyasha and he stared at her sympathetically. "Inuyasha?" She was beginning to feel dizzy. This is not at all what she was expecting to happen. She had been daydreaming of being with her love, and his family. Everyone being happy, raising children with comfort and love.

"Sesshoumaru, I decline your offer. If my mate does not go with, I do not go with." Inuyasha spoke fiercely while walking over to hold Kikyo steady. She did not look well, when she heard Sesshoumaru's comment. "Love, are you okay?" He stared at her curiously.

Her world was beginning to spin and noises go in and out. `This was not what she wanted to happen, why couldn't he give her a chance. She wasn't the old Kikyo she heard about, she loved Inuyasha and wanted to love his family.' She felt the dizziness hit her again full force, as the sunlight went from bright to dim. "I.." Was all Kikyo managed to say as she went limp in Inuyasha's embrace.