InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Winter Hearts ❯ Childish Reunion ( Chapter 25 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
*Disclaimer: Not mine!*


“Kikyo!” Inuyasha said her name with alarm as she fainted into his arms. Gently shaking her, his mate did not rouse from her comatose state.

“Put her down brother.” Sesshoumaru said with cold command as he watched his brother fret over such a woman. Inuyasha stared at Sesshoumaru with an angry glare.

“What! Do you expect me to just leave her here? For Kami’s sake Sesshoumaru, my mate fainted because of you and your coldness towards her. I am telling you she is not the Kikyo you once knew.” Inuyasha defended her with his heart and soul. She had changed. She was a beautiful, caring person. Free of the stress of the Shikon no Tama, no longer carrying the soul of vengeance within.

“Inuyasha. I, Sesshoumaru, may be cruel, but she is your mate, despite how much I dislike it. You must place her down so to examine her closer. Perhaps she just fell faint from sickness or stress. Calm yourself and take a look. What kind of husband will you become if you worry like a female?” Sesshoumaru said in a fatherly tone.

Inuyasha placed Kikyo gently upon the ground and checked her breathing and heart beat. Everything was strong, she must have just passed out from exhaustion. So much has happened to her recently, that it was a surprise this did not happen earlier.

Sesshoumaru must have left for a short moment, for he came back with a small piece of cloth soaked with water. “Place this upon her forehead, and gently try to wake her.”

“Why are you being so kind after rejecting her Sesshoumaru?” Inuyasha pondered aloud. Sesshoumaru looked at his brother with a flicker of emotion before placing on his cold, emotionless mask.

“Because I know what it means to be concerned over the well being of a mate.” He turned and thought of Kagome and how she had been ailing recently since Inuyasha’s abrupt departure.

“We must hurry back. Bring your mate, although, she can not be known to Kagome until the time is right. I do not trust this new, Kikyo yet. I have only the memories of her past self. Until I see otherwise, she will be watched closely.” Sesshoumaru said in a deep, deadly voice. “If she seems to harbor any hateful or harmful feelings towards Kagome, she will be banished, and you will be free to go with her. Right now I just wish to get back to my mate, and see her smile when I drag your pathetic hide back into our home.”

Inuyasha smirked at his brother before saying under his breath. “Softy.”

Sesshoumaru having such sensitive hearing turned to his brother with a mischievous grin. “I did not say how I would drag your miserable hide in now did I brother?” Inuyasha sensing he should shut his wise mouth up for once, picked the sleeping Kikyo up carefully before adding his famous ‘Feh.’ and walking towards Sesshoumaru’s home.

***


While waiting for Sesshoumaru to come back with Inuyasha, Kagome sighed, and began to sew the small sweater once again for her child. “If only I could go back and tell mama, grandfather and Souta about everything that has went on. Mama would be shocked I am pregnant, yet I think so happy too.” Tears pricked at the corner of her eyes as she mourned the loss of her family once again.

“Why Kagome what is the matter?” Sango said softly as she brought in tea for her friend. She had begun to visit Kagome regularly since Sesshoumaru left a few days past. It was not good for her depressed friend to be alone now.

“I just miss my family Sango. Not that I don’t think of you guys as family but, I just wish I could tell them all about what happened to me and about the baby.” Kagome took a small sip of the warm herbal tea. The aroma soothing her nerves enough to prevent her from sobbing her heartache out.

Sango mourned with her friend. She understood all too well the loss of family. Although Kagome knew her family was still alive in the future, she would probably never see them again, and even if she did live long enough, she could never reveal herself or else her fate could be changed.

Suddenly Sango came up with an idea. One that was safe and sure to one day reach her family. “Kagome, I have a suggestion. Why not write in a journal? Tell your family of all that has happened since the well was destroyed, tell them about the baby as it grows, and of Sesshoumaru. Everything. Even if you live long enough to see them again, you could make sure your mother never gets it until after the well is destroyed, or perhaps place a warning at the beginning not to share this with ‘Kagome’ of the future so she can fulfill her destiny.”

Kagome thought long and hard on Sango’s suggestion. A true smile lit her face after such a long time. “You know, you are right Sango. That is a wonderful idea, I am in your debt.” She said cheerfully as she stood to look for a journal to start her life’s story after the well.

After Kagome left the room, Sango took in a deep breath of relief. ‘Finally.’ She thought to herself. ‘Maybe now she will stop moping and become happy with her life.’ The taijya smiled and went to follow Kagome but as she went to walk out the doors, the dominating presence of Sesshoumaru blocked her path. “My lord, welcome back.” She said with respect.

“Where is my mate Sango?” Sesshoumaru asked impatiently. He had expected to come in and surprise her. As he traveled home with Inuyasha and Kikyo, he watched the lovers enviously, their embraces, smiles and secret whispers. Sesshoumaru wanted nothing more than to feel his mate within his arms again, the slightly rounded stomach underneath his clawed hand as he rubbed his child and its mother soothingly.

“She just stepped from the room Sesshouma…” Sango was stating when she heard Kagome squeal with joy. “ru…”

“Husband! How I have missed you!” She flung herself into his awaiting arms, wrapping her legs around his hips like a child would, giving him kisses all over.

Sango smiled, and quietly took her leave while Sesshoumaru was busy prying the elated Kagome off his person. “Koi, calm down. I am here, but do not strangle me to death.” Sesshoumaru laughed lightly.

Kagome realizing how childish she was being released him reluctantly. Her eyes turned to him with a hopeful gaze immediately. Before he had left, he had told her that he would bring Inuyasha back with him. Not wanting to upset her mate though, she averted her eyes with guilt. She should not care so much if Inuyasha had returned or not, but should be thankful Sesshoumaru was back safe and sound.

Sesshoumaru could sense the withdraw in her suddenly, as her scent changed with her emotions. He wanted to wait until later to tell her of Inuyasha, but apparently her apprehension with the situation was dire. With a audible intake of breath Sesshoumaru spoke. “He is here.”

Kagome turned her face upward towards her mate. Tears of pride and joy surfaced on the edge. Reaching up Kagome brought Sesshoumaru’s lips upon her own in a loving kiss. “Thank you. I love you dearly.”

“I must do what I can to make you happy Kagome. For the sake of you and our child. This should be a happy time here. I refused to let that mutt ruin it for us. Come, let us see him.” He took her hand into his, and led her to the corridor where Inuyasha paced restlessly.

“Inuyasha.” Kagome said softly. He turned and saw a woman he loved dearly in front of him. Although the hurt was still there that she chose his brother over him, he saw how frail she looked despite her pregnancy. Rushing to her side, Inuyasha enveloped her within his arms, breathing in her scent of tears.

“Kagome, I am sorry.” He whispered softly into her ear. “I never meant to cause you pain like this.”

“Don’t ever leave me again Inuyasha. I love you too much for you to just leave and never come back.” Sesshoumaru’s eyes narrowed at that comment, but kept his silence as the two embraced for what seemed like minutes, finally having seen enough of their intimate reunion, he cleared his throat.

“Don’t you have somewhere to be right now Inuyasha? We will see you at dinner. Then we will discuss your future here and the future of our family.” He said with slight annoyance. “Come wife.”

Kagome bit her bottom lip worriedly when she heard the sharp tone to Sesshoumaru’s voice. Yet another question kept nagging at her. ‘Where did Inuyasha have to be?’ As she followed Sesshoumaru back to their chambers, a feeling came over her that she is going to be in for a surprise or two before the night would be out. Especially if her mate kept this continuing jealousy over her friendship with his brother.