InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With You ❯ Chapter 3

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

             Kagome smoothed her son’s wayward bangs from his face as he snored. She had tucked him into bed not but two minutes before he’d fallen fast asleep. His door was slightly ajar, and wafting down the hall was the strong scent of fresh coffee. She smiled, and got to her feet leaving Shinrai to dream.


“He’s asleep?” Inuyasha asked, as Kagome sat beside him on their couch. She nodded, her head coming to rest on his shoulder.


“I have something to tell you,” Kagome began. Inuyasha glanced down at the top of her head, waiting for her to continue.


“And what would that be?” He asked. Kagome sighed, sitting up, to smile cautiously.


“What do you think about having another baby, a little brother or sister for Shinrai?” She asked.


Inuyasha was quiet, watching her with hooded amber eyes. Kagome gnawed on her bottom lip, waiting for his reply.


“Do I, have a choice in the matter?” He asked. Kagome looked away, her face burning in embarrassment.


“Well, I’m already pregnant, so no you don’t. But if you really don’t want another baby, then I’ll just-,” She stopped, when he cupped her chin, forcing her to look at him. He was smirking, and raised an eyebrow at her.


“Moron, I’ve been waiting for you to be ready. So, when did you find out?” He asked. Kagome sniffled, and then laughed.


“Yesterday, I’d had a feeling since I’m two weeks late. So, you aren’t mad, you want our baby?” She asked. Inuyasha kissed her forehead, and pulled her against his side, to rest his head on top of hers.


“Of course. I mean, it’s about time right? We’ve been married now, five years, and Shinrai’s just about ready to be a big brother” He replied. Kagome laughed, snuggling closer.


“Right, I know he’ll be good at it. Hopefully though, you too won’t scare off all the suitors for our daughter”


“How do you know it’s a girl, isn’t it too early to know?” Kagome laughed.


“It’s just a feeling I have, I could be wrong though”


“Well, we’ll just have to see”




      & nbsp;     Kagome listened as Shinrai prattled on about how fun the party had been, talking about his new friend, Rin, and how he wanted to have a play date with her. Her eyes found him in the rearview mirror, he looked back and grinned at her, making her laugh.


“So, you like Rin?” Kagome asked. They came to a stop, and she turned around in her seat to look at him.


“Yeah, she’s lots of fun! She lives nearby too, just a few streets from Auntie Sango, or that’s what she said,” He told her. Kagome nodded, turning back to the road and starting off again.


“Shinrai, what do you think about having a little brother or sister?”


Silence was her answer, and she glanced in the rearview mirror to find him with his nose scrunched up in concentration. Shinrai looked up then and laughed.


“That would be okay, when do they get here?” He asked. Kagome couldn’t help but snort at the question, as she turned down the street to the daycare.


“There’s only one, and she or he, won’t be here for another nine months” She explained. Shinrai fell silent again. Kagome pulled into the parking lot, and parked the car. Behind her she heard Shinrai as he unbuckled himself, and went to open his door, jumping out before her.


He came around the front of the car, to take her hand, which she held out to him.


“Why do we have to wait so long?” He asked, looking up at her. Kagome smiled back and lead him down the side walk, to the entrance of his school.


“When you get home today, Daddy and I will explain everything to you, okay?”


“All right” He replied. Kagome smiled as she lead him up the steps and then inside. One of the helpers there, a young teenage girl came up to them, smiling.


“Good Morning, Shinrai, how are you?” She asked. Shinrai laughed and started off on his long winded story of the party last night. Kagome sighed and waved to him and his teacher, before leaving to go to work.