InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With You ❯ Chapter 7

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

             The only complaint Inuyasha could ever have about his little boy, was his three minute attention span. Inuyasha muttered to himself as he ducked down to check under his desk again, his hand knocking a few papers to the ground in his haste.


“Shinrai, this isn’t funny, you need to come out right now,” He all but shouted as he stood up again. There was no answer to the threat, and he started to get really worried. He glanced around then hurried out into the garage, his amber eyes scanning the work area.


“Jin, have you seen my son? Short, with black hair, and red shirt” Inuyasha asked his coworker. The man looked up at him from the engine he was inspecting, a smudge of grease across his tan cheek.


“Um, no. But you can check the lunchroom, kid probably got hungry,” Jin replied, trailing another smudge of grease across his forehead. Inuyasha nodded, turning back the way he’d come.


“Shinrai!”


Greg popped his head out of his office as the silver haired man charged by. He chuckled at the man and went back to his work, leaving him to find his son.


“Shinrai?” Inuyasha called again. He let out a sigh of relief as he found him, staring at the contents of a candy dispenser.


“Daddy, can I have a candy bar? Mama never lets me have them that much,” the boy asked, glancing back at his father. Inuyasha sighed and dug a dollar bill out of his pocket.


“Sure, but don’t tell Mama I gave you one. And please, next time come find me if you’re hungry” He slipped the dollar into the slot, waiting for it to flash ‘1.00'. “I’ve been looking all over the place for you, you had me worried”


“Sorry Daddy, my tummy was grumbling,” Shinrai replied, rubbing his belly. The dollar popped back out, and Inuyasha huffed stuffing it back in and holding his hand over the slot, until it beeped.


“What one do you want?” He asked. Shinrai pointed to a simple chocolate bar.


“Daddy?”


“Yeah, Shin”


“I want to go see Mama, your work is boring”




     &nbs p;      Kagome looked over her list one more time, checking to see if she’d missed any of the ingredients. When she was satisfied with that she grabbed her purse and then her house keys from the counter. The phone rang just as she was about to leave, and she hurried to answer.


“Hello?”


“Mama! I want to come home, Daddy’s work is really, really boring” A rushed whining voice came over the phone. Kagome grit her teeth.


“Put your father on the phone,” She told her son calmly. There was a shuffle as the phone was passed.


“Inuyasha, the agreement was you kept him all day,” Kagome barked out, her temper simmering. Inuyasha sighed over the phone.


“I know, but he doesn’t want to stay. He’s already run off dozens of times, I’ve hardly gotten anything done today. He nearly fell into one of the pits just two minutes ago, this place is too dangerous for him” He told her, the last part whispered, so to keep his son from overhearing.


“Inuyasha, I can’t believe you. Fine, I’m going to send Amber to pick him up, and then when you get home...” She paused, and then let out a deep breath. “Well, you’re in big trouble”