InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With You ❯ Chapter 10

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

             His fingers trailed through her hair again, sifting through the small snags, and down until he was stroking her back again. Her even breaths were puffing against his throat in the same rhythm her chest expanded and contracted where she laid half against him and half beside him.


‘She’s sound asleep’ Inuyasha thought, his head shifting as he tried to catch a glimpse of his sleeping wife’s face. She’d come to his work, her whole body trembling, and tears threatening to spill from her expressive eyes. She’d told him what had happened, as she fought against her emotions, to get the words out. He’d pulled her close, and they had sat down on the floor, his back against his desk, as she curled into his chest, and sobbed until she fell asleep.


‘That bastard, damn him’ His eyes narrowed, and he let out a hearty sigh, going back to combing his fingers through Kagome’s hair. The door to his office popped open then, and Greg peaked his head in, the smile on his facing melting into a frown of concern.


“What’s all this?” He asked. Inuyasha sighed.


“She had a really rough day,” He replied. Greg took in Kagome’s red puffy eyes, and dark patch on Inuyasha’s shirt that was still wet from Kagome’s tears.


“I see, poor thing. Well, I’ve got some more paper work for you to look over, I’ll just leave them here, and you get to them when you can,” He said. He tiptoed into the room and dropped the file on the desk, before turning and leaving quietly. Inuyasha sighed again, today hadn’t been a very productive day. First the visit from his energetic son, and then a visit from his hysterical wife. He hoped tomorrow he could actually catch up on his work, otherwise he might have to drag it home.


“Kagome?” She stirred lightly at his voice, her lids fluttering, before they opened, her soulful eyes glazed with sleep. She sat up, wincing and reaching to rub at a sore spot in her lower back.


“Oh, I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to fall asleep,” She said, wiping at her cheeks. Inuyasha chuckled, his fingers brushing her bangs from her face and then resting against her flushed cheek.


“Are you feeling better?” He asked. Kagome sighed, leaning into his touch.


“Yes,” She replied. “I don’t know why I let myself get so worked up, it was stupid”


“No it’s not, that bastard is to blame. Don’t play down this situation, he’s the one who hurt you and I’m so proud of you for sticking up for yourself”


“I still feel a little pathetic that I reacted the way I did,” Kagome said, cupping his hand in hers and pulling it from her face, to tangle her fingers with his.


“Well, then you can blame me for that, since I’m the one who got you pregnant, therefore making you an emotional mess” Kagome swatted at him for that, a genuine smile tilting her lips.


“Yeah, and I can also blame you for giving our son candy, when you know it isn’t good for him” She returned. Inuyasha flushed at that, and scratched at his head.


“He did that, puppy look. You know the one that you always do, how could I deny him when he looked so much like you,” Inuyasha supplied. Kagome snorted, kissing his cheek.


“Fine, I’ll let it go this once, but just this once”