InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With You ❯ Chapter 11

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

             It had to be the flu, it had to be. If it wasn’t then Sango was sure she would pull out her hair. She groaned, the sound bouncing back to her from the toilet bowl her head was perched on. There was a knock on the door, and Miroku’s cheery tone came through asking if she was through.


“No I’m not, so go away,” She snapped, her fingers curling over the lip of the seat as another wave of nausea crawled up her throat.


“Sango, my dear, you’ve been in there for an hour now. There is only one bathroom in this apartment, and I’m afraid you’ll need to share,” Miroku called. Sango narrowed her eyes as she swallowed her sickness and got to her feet, quickly going to the sink and splashing some water on her face. She reached for the handle and tugged the door open roughly.


“Be nice, or you’ll regret it,” She said through clenched teeth. Miroku paled slightly at the threat, his wife’s seething face making him shift uncomfortably.


“What’s wrong? Are you sick?” He asked, taking in her haggard appearance and pale features. Sango snorted.


“What gave me away, the pale face or the fact I’ve been reliving my lunch for the past hour,” was her retort. Miroku sighed.


“You could have told me, would you like me to take you to the doctors?” He asked. Sango let a small laugh bubble from her lips, and she smiled half heartedly.


“I can take myself, but thanks for the offer”


“It is my duty as your loving husband to take care of you, just let me take care of my business and I will gladly take you to the doctors,” He said. Sango was too tired to bother arguing and nodded, moving from the door, and slowly making her way toward the living room.


“Stupid flu, ruining my day off,” She grumbled to herself, while in her head she was praying that was all it was.




       & nbsp;    Kagome paused again in her chore as a thought came to her. Her eyes scanned the neat living room, the television was off, and Shinrai’s toys all in the chest they’d gotten for him. The apartment was quiet, which seemed at least to Kagome, weird.


“Shin?” She called. No little voice answered her, and she quickly put down the dishes and wiped the suds on her skirt. She walked down the small hallway and came to a stop at the door at the end. She rapped her knuckles on the door, then pushed it open.


“Shinrai?”


Her son looked up from the floor, where he’d been carefully drawing a stick figure, one of the arms longer then the other as it was raised, like it was waving. At her glance he quickly covered the drawing with his arms, turning to glare at her.


“You weren’t suppose to see it til it was done Mama,” He huffed, his little face scrunched up in displeasure.. Kagome covered her smile with her hand, and cleared her throat.


“I’m sorry sweety, but I was worried when you didn’t answer me. You’ve been so quiet,” She told him. Shinrai sighed and shrugged his shoulders, his arms still shielding the picture from view.


“I’m here, I don’t make lot’s of noise when I draw,” He told her. Kagome chuckled at that and nodded.


“All right, I was just checking to make sure,” She said, turning back to the door. Her eyes traveled over the mess of paper scatterings over her son’s blue carpeted floor. Each paper holding half drawings, and some crumbled or ripped.


“Bye Mama,” Shinrai said, bringing her eyes back to him. She rolled her eyes and left, leaving his door open a crack.




        ;     “Well, you’re about a month and a half along” The doctor told her. Sango struggled to keep down her little gasp, and failed miserably. The doctor glanced at her, her eyebrow raising.


“I don’t know why this is a surprise to you, didn’t you wonder when you missed you menstrual period?” She asked. Sango shook her head absently.


“I’ve been under a lot of stress lately, I mean I just got married and I mean I thought I’d just skipped it because of stress. I wasn’t thinking about babies, I, I just got married,” She mumbled, her thoughts tumbling around her head. She felt herself losing her cool, tears pressing at the corners of her eyes. Her doctor patted her shoulder.


“There’s always abortion, but first I think we’ll have a talk with your husband, he has a right to know,” Her doctor told her. Sango just nodded numbly, her hand pressing against her flat stomach.


‘A baby, I’m going to have a baby,’ She thought. She let out a small sob, that turned into a laugh. She couldn’t decide if she was happy or not, but she did know she was scared. Terrified even.