InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ With You ❯ Chapter 12

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

             To say he was surprised could have been an understatement. And to say that he didn’t grin rather wickedly after it sunk in would have been a lie. Because in fact he’d done just that, as he reached to press his hand against Sango’s stomach, a laugh bubbling in his throat. The doctor had left them by themselves, seeing this as a private matter.


“A baby, our baby Sango,” He breathed, his eyes abnormally bright. Sango took a quick breath, bringing his gaze up to hers. He paused and pulled back, taking in the small frown that marred her face.


“What’s wrong? You, you don’t-,” He stopped, as she shook her head, tears in her eyes.


“I, I do. I’m just,” She took a deep breath, calming her tears. “I’m just a little scared”


Miroku chuckled at that, and wrapped his arms around her slim waist, resting his head against her neck, his breath tickling the skin over her pulse.


“Don’t be, I mean, sure it’s a baby and this changes a lot of things,” He looked up, smiling widely. “But, it’s our baby. Our’s, so what could possible be wrong or scary about that”




             If he tilted his head to the side, he could almost make out the two different figures standing hand in hand in the scribble of dark blue marker. The latest drawing of Shinrai’s was posted on the fridge with a large yellow smiley face magnet. Inuyasha tilted his head to the other side, studying the picture from that angle, his chair creaking underneath him as he adjusted his weight. Kagome was down the hall tucking their son into bed, he could faintly here her telling him a story, something about a knight or a demon.


‘I can’t believe it, Miroku, a dad,’ He thought. He’d gotten a call from Miroku while he’d been at work, his friend exclaiming to him over the phone he was going to be a father. He’d said that Sango was still in shock over it, but slowly getting use to the idea. They were going out to celebrate tonight and asked for them to come, but at such short notice, Kagome and him hadn’t been able to find a babysitter.


“It’s cute isn’t it” He jumped at the sound of her voice, and glanced over his shoulder to see Kagome standing in the doorway. Her hands were resting against the small bulge of her stomach, a smile curving her lips.


“It would be if I could figure out what is was,” He replied, glancing again at the picture. Kagome tsked walking over to the open seat across from him.


“It’s him and his younger brother, or sister. He said that since we didn’t know what the baby was going to be, he drew it as a boy. He said though he’d make another one with a girl,” Kagome laughed. “But he had worked so hard on that one to get it right, he needed a break”.


“Do you think he wants it to be a girl or boy?” Inuyasha asked. Kagome shrugged.


“I haven’t asked him, but I can see him being happy with either. Shinrai just wants some company I think, so he’ll be happy no matter”


“You want a girl,” He said, rather then asked. Kagome glanced at him, her lips twitching with a bigger smile.


“It be nice to have a girl, so I wouldn’t be so over powered with testosterone” Inuyasha chuckled.


“We aren’t that bad,” He replied. Kagome laughed, reaching for his hand.


“No, you aren’t” She said. “Most of the time”