InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Wolves Den ❯ What He Wants ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

What He Want
 
The woman licked her lips as the men around her argued, it was unclear as to why she was there, usually women were not allowed to attend such meetings. If they needed her advice, than why was she sitting here listening to these men discussing borders and defenses.
 
Just a few days prior, the lord of West visited the southern sector of his lands for inspection, and was delayed going back. He now sat at the end table listen to the men around him debate.
 
“Enough!” Cold as a cutting knife his voice stopped the bickering men. With grace of a god, the lord stood up, his haori and hakama moved as silently as he did as he crossed the floor towards the only woman present within the room.
 
“And what do you think of this matter Miko? Do you think the wolves have become a problem?”
 
“My lord, I uh, think that…” A shot of pain ran up her foot underneath the table, she looked up to find her assailant. Her eyes meet that of Narakus', red as newly spilt blood.
 
“I believe my lord that the wolf tribe has-” she took in a deep breath; Naraku's warning was still fresh in her mind. Tell him the truth about the blasted wolves and I will take everything you hold dear to you. Everything! “-been a little difficult to communicate with.” She let out her breath that she didn't realize she had been holding.
 
“I don't doubt your word Miko. We will leave the tribe alone for the time being, I will not waste more time on trivial matters.” He headed towards the door when he turned his head to the left.
 
“Naraku, Notify me the next time you take action against the wolf tribe.”
 
Naraku bowed his head. “Of course my lord, it was careless of me.” His eyes though shield by his coal black hair they burned with a hating passion.
 
“Indeed.” His white long locks of hair swayed behind him as he left the chamber. The other lords left shortly after him.
 
“Miko, I would like to speak with you.” Naraku asked civilly.
 
He approached the miko like a predator would its prey.
 
“…has been a little difficult to communicate with?” Naraku mocked the miko. He grabbed at her face pulling it towards him. “If I didn't know any better, I would have thought you were on their side.”
 
He looked her face over, her blue eyes stood out the most, than the smoothness of her ivory skin, lush lips that waited to be plundered and the silkiness of her hair that was wrapped around his hand.
 
“I have a surprise for you, Kagome.” He pulled himself away from her. He walked towards the door when he stopped and mentioned for her to exit the door. They walked down the corridor together with his hand on her lower back guiding her to the lower levels of the fortress.
 
With each corridor they passed the darker and more malevolent it became.
 
“We have caught one of the wolves that tried to infiltrate the fortress last night, it had almost gotten away from us, but with our improved tracking units we have managed to capture one.” He looked at the miko as he smelt the strong aroma of salt.
 
“Why was Lord Sesshomaru not notified of this?” She questioned with liveliness she never new she had.
 
“Not everything involves that arrogant dog.”
 
He pulled her along a dark narrow passageway that is hardly noticeable through the darkness of the last corridor they passed through.
 
At the end of the tunnel they came across a door that reeked of death.
 
Kagome was dragged through the doorway and into the room.
 
There in the middle of the room was a wolf demon, naked as the day he was born. His limp body was handing by the cuffs wrapped around his wrists. His hair was dripped in blood as his body was covered in wounds that were being bandaged up only to be whipped later on.
 
“I want you to take a look into his mind Miko, I want you too find out where wolves lair is hidden.”
 
Kagome being a miko was gifted with the power of sight, she's able to look into another's mind without the help of a magical object.
 
Everything was the whisper she heard inside of her head, it left little doubt what she was supposed to do, but she didn't want to do it. The poor wolf was being savagely tortured. A connection between their minds could kill him. Everything…
 
Kagome stepped forward. She was inches away from the naked wolf. Her eyes looked him over, his body was well toned but the blood and wounded tissue marred the beautiful skin.
 
“Miko!”
 
She lifted her hands towards his temples as she did so, blue orbs meet hers. He sniffed at her and smirked when she withdrew from him. Moments later she gathered up her courage and placed her fingertips on his temples once again this time connecting her mind to his.
 
“Forgive me.”