InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Worst than the Twilight Zone ❯ In the darkness: The winds of change ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter five: In the darkness. The winds of change.

[Authoress note: I think I have waited and you have waited long enough for this chapter. However, don't expect me to ever get so good as that I could update everyday like I know of a couple of authors on here that do. I say kudos to them that they somehow found the time to do it. As for me, I certainly don't have that kind of time. Please leave a review if you have the time. Thank you.]

He didn't know how long he been sitting in the dark cold dungeon. All alone, like this. It almost felt like months. Though only a few days probably have passed since the indent with Kagura. His eyes could never adjust to the pure darkness of the room. Especially since ever once and a while; they would take him out in the bright sunlight where they would hose him down like an animal, let him walk around in fresh air, then Kikyo proceeded in beating him bloodily then throwing him in freezing cold water. Finally, they would throw back into the darken prison in which he ate, slept, and did everything else in. Rumor had it that somehow Kagura escaped her cell and left the castle one night. That made Inuyasha glad and sad at the same time. The wind demon had nearly given her life to save him but now there was no one to protect him for Kikyo. True to her word, Kikyo made sure, that Inuyasha would have no chance of ever reproducing or getting any pleasure from sex.

At least one good thing came out of it all, he was no longer Kikyo sexual plaything. He knew that she was waiting to he was nearly blind and totally defenseless then she would throw him out into the streets. Thanks to Sesshomaru, he may have lost all his sight in his left eye. Though it wasn't his fault Kikyo order him too. Or did she? The only thing that was keeping him partly sane was Kagome. Somehow, he knew no matter what he would find her or she would come to him. He would have to escape the castle first or get kicked out by Kikyo, who most likely found a better plaything by now. Inuyasha though as he clawed at the stonewalls before falling asleep. A pastime he learned to enjoy before he fell asleep.

[Fifty miles west of Kikyo's castle]

Kagome was in her training room smashing targets with her arrow, under the watchful eye of Kaede, who was one of the top but most underrated miko/warrior in the whole kingdom. "Ye must concentrate harder young lady. We won't leave till you hit all ten in one shot," Kaede said grimly. Kagome wipe her brow and raised her eyebrows in surprise, "what! There's no way that you can hit all ten target in one-shot!" Kaede huffed as she picked up her old bow and took one arrow from Kagome's quiver. "Just watch," was all Kaede said as she pulled back an arrow then let it go faster than Kagome could blink. Just like that all ten target where turned into a pile of dust. Leaving Kagome to stare in awe, at what moments ago were jars with demon scrolls on them all line up in a row across from each other.

"Now focus harder or do you want to run four miles instead," Kaede said sternly. "N-n-noo," Kagome said with a hint of fear as she watched, Kaede set up new targets. The young woman hated running, walking fine, horseback riding even better but running was out of the question. Besides, it was the summer and was burning up outside and inside. Kagome steadied her arrow but don't pulling it so far back this time. How could she get all ten targets in one shot? Especially since, they were across from each out instead of in a straight line. It was nerve-racking. Then she start thinking about her number one enemy the queen. `Okay if there were ten Kikyo lookalikes all standing side by side coming at me what would I do? Wait a minute I know this trick,' Kagome thought as she turned her aim to the second to the last one. She let the arrow fly smashing that jar as well as the other nine.

"Took ye long enough to figure it out," Kaede said smugly as she bent down and got some water from a bucket. Kagome put her hands on her hands on her hips and huffed, "It too hot today okay. Go easy on me." Kaede shook her old gray head and sighed, "It hot in battle too, and it is not easy. If you can't not figure out simple tricks like that quicker then, you will die quickly and surely in battle. We are finish for today." The two women bowed before each other and Kaede took her leave. Kagome finished off the water that was left in the bucket. As she began doing exercises with her sword, Kaede wasn't much of a swordswoman but Sango was. Yet, Sango hardly ever had time to teach on a regular day basis. So for the most part, she had to teach herself how to use a sword.

`I wonder what's Inuyasha do right now? Wait why do I keep thinking about him for? It's been nearly two months since I last saw him! Perhaps the idiot queen has grown tired of him now,' Kagome though as she quickly cut a piece of board into splinters in one swipe. Feeling dirty, smelly, and nearly exhausted, Kagome left her weapons on the floor so that a servant could come by later clean them and put them away.

After a taking, a long lukewarm bath Kagome was dress in a simple blue summer dress as she started walking into her study to read some of her new messages. All of sudden she heard a loud commotion being made out in one of her courtyards. She grabbed a pair of dagger, her sword, bow, and quiver of arrows as she pinpointed where the noise was coming from. Creeping towards the scene, she could see Koga, some of her soldiers, and some demon battling it out. Seeing that the men were having trouble, she fired off an arrow to announce her presence among them. Causing everyone to freeze lest be purify on the spot. "State your business demon," Kagome yelled out. Koga happy to see his one true love that he hadn't seen in weeks rushed over to her side. "Milady this wind sorceress was trying to steal one of your horses from the stables. I stopped her," Koga stated proudly causing Kagome to just roll her eyes at the wolf.

"I wasn't talking to you Koga. I'm telling this intruder what her story is," Kagome said gruffly. It was her idea to even go out in the hot sun today already she was in a heavy sweat. Kagura released herself from the guards' hold as she bowed before Kagome lowly as she explained, "You see milady I am on the run from my older mistress. However, I have left behind a friend a hanyou by the name of Inuyasha. You see our mistress is a very cruel witch who does about any sadistic thing to us. We fear her greatly on a daily basis. I believe she still has my friend in her dark and tormented hellhole she calls a dungeon."

"What is the name of this mistress of yours," Kagome said in a voice full of understanding. She knew it was Kikyo she just wanted to see if Kagura would trusted her that much information. "I rather not say milady please. All I humbling request is some food, water, and a horse. I wish to rescue my friend before our mistress grows tired of using him for her sick pleasure and throws him out or worst kill him," Kagura said with tears forming in her eyes. Those remark went straight into Kagome's heart Inuyasha was in trouble with Kikyo through it seem that he was in major trouble this time. Yet, Kagome knew that this demon was not strong enough to take on Kikyo and whole army by herself. Also that she could be trusted since she didn't go telling her everything. A demon that talked too much was no to be trusted well at least that is what Sango told her.

"I deny your request Kagura, however you will have midday meal with me and tell me all your story and will stay here with me for the time being," Kagome stated calmly. Kagura looked in shock then pissed which took Kagome aback, "With all due respect milady I don't think you understand my dilemma. I have no time to sit and sip tea with you. I must rescue my friend. I will waste no time also I rather die than be tied down to another mistress again" Kagura stated in a forceful tone. Kagome smiled at the wind demon and stated calmly, "I wasn't asking that of you but there is no way that you can defeated this mistress of yours and her army if she has one all by yourself."

Kagura looked down on the ground. It was true she had enough trouble with whoever this noble woman was army of plain foot soldiers. Besides, she had barely escaped with her life from out of Kikyo's castle. Her own Sister, Kanna even was sent against her though on her own free will. Revenge would be a sweet one but she must follow the advice of this noblewoman first. Perhaps she would even get some training, yet time was short, and Inuyasha's life was on the line. Kagura sifted her feet she had no choice in the matter if she said no then there would be no way to save Inuyasha.

"Alright I'll stay with you milady," Kagura said meekly.

Kagome smiled and called for her servants as they escorted the wind demon into the castle. Kagome would have to break the rules for a while but it didn't matter. Kagura was now a main link to save Inuyasha and dethrone Kikyo. Furthermore, Kagome was going to enjoy every minute of it.

~Authoress notes: That all I can write at this point. I actually need some ideas from where to go from here. ~