InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Your Pleasure, My Pain ❯ Will it be Life or Death!? ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 11: Will it be Life or Death!?
 
“We have to get Kagome out of here!” Inuyasha yelled.
“We'll take her to Kaede,” Miroku said. “She will know what to do.” Miroku set Kagome on Inuyasha's back and he and Sango and Shippo all got on Kirara. Inuyasha was running as fast as he ever had. I can't let Kagome die! I'll never forgive myself if she dies! Inuyasha thought.
 
When they got to Kaede's hut Inuyasha ran in and gingerly set Kagome down in front of Kaede.
“What happened to Kagome!?” Kaede asked with shock.
“She looked sick but she wouldn't tell us for sure. I don't know what happened. I think this has something to do with the pup. I should have thought this out more before she ever got pregnant. This is my entire fault. You have to do something, Kaede!” Inuyasha pleaded.
 
Kaede quickly went to the corner of her hut where she kept all the herbs. Sango was digging through Kagome back pack and she remembered what medicines Kagome used for what illnesses.
“Here, give her this. Kagome uses it for fevers,” Sango said handing it to Kaede. Kaede took it and poured some in Kagome's mouth.
 
“She's so hot that we must do something immediately. Miroku, you stay here and console Shippo. I, Inuyasha, and Sango are going to place Kagome in the cold stream to cool her,” Kaede said.
“But Lady Kaede, why must I stay?” Miroku asked.
“Ye must stay because ye are lecherous,” she answered. Inuyasha carried Kagome to the cold stream, took her clothes off, and placed her in. he held her head above water so she would not drown of course.
 
Kaede was moving a herd that she had burned in front of Kagome's nose to try and wake her up.
“Wait, Kagome uses this when one of us becomes unconscious,” Sango handed her one of those strips that are used to awaken sports players that are knocked unconscious. They used it on her with no success.
 
Then, Kaede gave Kagome some of the healing herbs Kaede had. They took her out of the water, dressed her, and laid her by the warm, glowing fire.
“Inuyasha, you said Kagome was pregnant?” Kaede asked.
“Yes, she's carrying my pup; Kagome and I are mates,” he replied.
“I see. I know what is causing this. This is not normal. Because Kagome has spiritual powers, her body is trying to repel the child. Although it is only a child and it is sure to have Kagome's spiritual powers, it is still half demon. It's just like if Kagome were ever possessed by a demon her body would fight and try and repel the demon in order to end its life and free her soul,” she informed.
 
“Can you stop this!?” Inuyasha asked anxiously.
“Yes, I can.” Kaede laid some sutras on Kagome, lit another herb, and started praying. A few minutes later Kagome opened her eyes.
“Kagome, you passed out. I knew there was something wrong with you!” Inuyasha said quickly, he was obviously worried and angry.
 
But when Inuyasha saw the tears in Kagome's eyes he lost his anger.
“What's the matter?” He asked.
“Inuyasha I think you're probably yelling right now. But I still can't see or hear, and if this stone in my stomach doesn't go away I think I'll die,” she sobbed.
 
Kaede said some more prayers and Kagome's vision and hearing slowly came back to her. Also, the tight pain in her stomach faded and her temperature was normal. It was not long before she could see and hear like normal and her pain was completely gone.
“Thank you, you guys,” Kagome said.
“Kagome….. Why didn't you tell us that something was wrong?” Inuyasha questioned.
“Well, because we need to kill Naraku and I didn't want you to worry,” she answered.
“Kagome, I was crying my eyes out and yelling. I would have been better off it you would have just told me. I mean, you have my pup. Most of all, you have my heart, and if you ever died you'd take my heart with you. It'd never be whole again,” he said.
 
Inuyasha kissed Kagome. I really should have told them. I can't believe I let it get so bad. Well, at least I'm sort of ready for labor. I don't even want to think of that right now. I thought I'd surely die, and when I passed out I thought I did die, Kagome thought.
 
Shippo rubbed his eyes. “Kagome, are you gonna be okay now?” He asked.
“Yes, Shippo; I'm going to be just fine. I'm sorry I worried you,” Kagome said.
“You don't have to be sorry. I just didn't want to lose you like I lost my mother and father. I love you Kagome,” Shippo said. Kagome picked him up and hugged him. “I love you too,” she said.
 
“Well all were so scared for you, Kagome. Promise us that you'll never lie to us like that again,” Sango said.
“I promise,” kagome responded.
“What caused this anyways?” Kagome asked.
“Because your child is half demon and you have spiritual powers, your body was trying to repel the child. It must have thought the child to be a demon that possessed you. But, that only happens once. If you live through the experience, then your body will see that it is nothing more than a child,” Kaede stated.