Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden Beauty ❯ Friend ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Hidden Beauty.
 
Author: Namassuki.
 
Genre: Romance, Humor, Angst.
 
Rating: PG-13.
 
Chapter 9: Friend.
 
 
Day: Thursday.
 
 
Riku threw the pillow in frustration that it landed on Tidus who moan.
 
 
“Ouch! What do you think you're doing?” Tidus asked as he raised his face over Wakka's shoulder to look at Riku.
 
 
“I'm going to College,” Riku said.
 
 
“What?” Tidus looked around through three bodies. “It's still early, Riku,” Tidus said.
 
 
“Don't bother to stop me,” Riku said as he picked up his bag from the couch. Just when he was to pass the kitchen, Roxas came out and they stared at each other. The memory he wanted to forget suddenly rush into his head and it made Riku felt heavyhearted. “Morning,” Riku said before he walked out of the house.
 
 
“Jeez. He probably wanted to avoid you,” Tidus said at Roxas before he go back to sleep. Roxas frowned; he looked at the door where Riku had left before he sighed.
 
 
`Maybe he really didn't mean to…'
 
 
“Morning Roxas!” Axel who just walked out of the bathroom wearing only towel around his waist and exposed that tanned amazing chest, enough to make Roxas caught his attention to stare at it.
 
 
“M-Morning,” Roxas said, somehow he felt he was blushing. Which he did.
 
 
“Hehehehe. Love my body?” Axel asked, grinning seductively. Roxas gulped, looked at Axel in disbelieve before he looked elsewhere.
 
 
“W-What are you talking about? You should put on some cloth,” Roxas said, obviously blushing and it was the first time Axel saw that in Roxas. Roxas felt his cheeks heating up more when Axel peer his face to look at him and had that concern look. He didn't know why but somehow he knew it was because of Axel.
 
 
“Are you all right? You're flushing,” Axel asked in worried.
 
 
“I'm fine. I think I'm going to College,” Roxas said.
 
 
“Wait! I go with you!” exclaimed Axel. Roxas watched as Axel put on his cloth quickly, wearing only jacket and exposed that chest again and black patched jean. After grabbing his bag, he happily clutched Roxas' wrist and dragged the rare-to-blush-boy out of the house, leaving four sleeping boys.
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
It was unfortunate and fortune for Riku to meet him in front of his College gate in early morning again. Standing in front of his College's gate, stood Sora who was wearing blue polo with green pant just as every nerd wore especially when he had that thick, large spectacle on his nose and child backpack behind him. Riku wondered if Sora was just standing there or maybe…
 
 
“Morning,” Riku said as he stood just a few feet away from Sora. Sora glanced at him and instantly his face flushed red. Riku took a step closer.
 
 
“M-Morning Riku,” Sora bowed, blushing. Riku watched as Sora bit his lips, his hands gripped against his bag's holders tightly and raised his shoulders to his ears level. There was a moment of them silent between then, both of them enjoyed it for a second at the same time too thinking about last's night sleepover, in Riku's case. “Um Riku…I'm sorry for hitting you last night,” Sora said.
 
 
“Huh?”
 
 
“I-I didn't mean to hit you. It's just that…” Sora bit his lips. He opened his mouth but then he closed it back and this process repeatedly happened.
 
 
“Sora, it's not your fault,” Riku said, sighing. “It's true of what you said. I shouldn't have play with their feelings…”
 
 
“Riku…” Sora's big blue eyes looked at him.
 
 
“I know it hurt them…but I don't really like them and they're the one who forced me to kiss them by the way,” Riku said, smiling weakly. Sora gulped.
 
 
“I'm sorry…it must be hard…not to hurt their feelings,” Sora said.
 
 
“Well, it was nothing compared to when I hurt yours,” Riku said, smiling apologetically at shocked Sora. Sora blushed redder than before; he pulled his bag behind him and tightened his hands around the holders. “I am sorry for hurting your feelings…although I don't know if you hurt but…I know I did…”
 
 
“No, it's okay,” Sora said, smiling. Riku smiled weakly as he stared at the brunet.
 
 
“You know Sora…” Riku took another step towards Sora, slowly closing the spaces between them and Sora definitely had cold feet when Riku saw his nervous face and his unmoving feet. “I was wondering…” Riku stopped approximately thirty centimeter before Sora. “If I can know more about you?” Riku asked.
 
 
“H-Huh?” Sora blinked.
 
 
“I…want to be your friend.”
 
 
--------------------------------
 
 
Tidus placed his lunch on the table and sat down next to Riku, immediately sensed something's up with Riku. It's obvious because Riku was wearing that weird smile as if he had just won a stupid prize over stupid competition and it was killing Tidus to know even though he just sat there for ten seconds to know what's up with Riku. It's not everyday to see Riku wore that smile.
 
 
“Ohh! Riku, what's up? Why are you smiling like an idiot?” Axel asked as he joined them with Roxas.
 
 
“Nothing,” Riku replied, still smiling which is weird because Tidus was expecting Riku to glare at Axel for calling him idiot.
 
 
“Ohh! Something's up here! Has anything interesting happened after you left Tidus' house?” Axel asked and Tidus glad Axel's a big mouth because he doesn't really want to ask Riku.
 
 
“None of your business,” replied Riku.
 
 
“Is it concern about Sora?” Axel asked and he grinned when Riku looked at him. Tidus knew the answer instantly.
 
 
“What? Has anything happened between you and Sora?” Tidus finally brave enough to ask.
 
 
“Did you kiss him again?” Roxas asked.
 
 
“Quit asking me will you? I was going to tell you anyway,” Riku said, sighing. “I have asked him to be my friend.”
 
 
“Ohh! This is new! Riku asked someone to be his friend instead of someone asked him to be their friend!” exclaimed Axel.
 
 
“Really? And I assume Sora accepted it?” Tidus grinned. Riku nodded. “Hah! I knew it!”
 
 
“Does that mean you have apologized to him?” Roxas asked. Riku frowned at him.
 
 
“Yes I have.”
 
 
“I'm glad. You have kissed him and hurt him feeling and when you hurt his feeling again last night, I really wanted to kick your ass,” Roxas said.
 
 
“I just kissed him. Not hurt his feelings,” Riku said.
 
 
“You really don't know about Sora, do you?” Roxas arched his eyebrow. Riku blinked. “Nope, you don't.”
 
 
“What? You only met him for less then five days and you sound as if you knew him that much,” Riku said, frowning.
 
 
“That may be so true but I know him, still,” Roxas said. Riku snorted.
 
 
“So guys, what mask are you going to wear on Saturday?” Tidus asked.
 
 
“What mask?” Everyone asked.
 
 
“Huh? Haven't you heard it's going to be a classic party wearing a custom with classic mask?” Tidus asked. Everyone shook their head. “Ohh! I probably have forgotten! Quistis told Irvine and Zell who told me that everyone who go to the party should wear mask to hide their identity and then there's these papers with number on it will be given to everyone and they must find anyone with the same number who will be your partner,” Tidus said.
 
 
“You have got to be kidding me! Does that mean even if I brought Roxas, there's no possibility I will be him in the party?!” Axel asked. Tidus nodded.
 
 
“I don't like this kind of party…” Roxas said.
 
 
“Well, no worries! You can depend on Zell and Irvine! They're the one who manage the numbers and give it to peoples!” exclaimed Tidus.
 
 
“Somehow I'm getting more worry…” Axel muttered and Riku agreed with that.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------< /div>