Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ My Sora Problem ❯ I asked him out. ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own KH.
 
 
I could only stare in amazement at this young boy in front of me. Sora was his name, the hero of light. He had just held off Sephiroth with the help of his two friends, Donald and Goofy. It was impossible, my mind shouted, how could this mere boy defeat someone that even I couldn't? How could this mere boy defeat someone that even Cloud had difficulty defeating? But he did, and so did Cloud. We thought Sephiroth was dead but… I guess we were wrong. He came back, taunting as usual, setting Cloud off the edge. The first time they fought Sephiroth ran away. I could only think what had happened to The Great Sephiroth, how did he become such a coward? And all this time, I was afraid of him.
 
See, I heard of Sora before he came back to Hollow Bastion. Leon, Aerith and Yuffie had told me about this boy, the one who actually defeated Leon and Yuffie together. They told me about how loyal he was to his friends, how he sacrificed himself for the one person he loved. Oh, How I wish I could be saved by my loved one. Well… in a way Cloud saved me but only in a way. Cloud said that even Sora beat him! Both Leon and Cloud together. I was shocked. Someone stronger than Cloud? Wow.
 
Well, I suppose in a way I was somewhat attracted to Sora. They were the same in so many ways. Sora had spiky hair, blue eyes, he was strong, and courageous. Of course there was many differences as well. Cloud was cold half of the time, he was older and muscular. Sora was cheery and 15 years old. Too young for me. Sometimes I thought that Cloud and Sora were brothers or that Cloud had a child behind my back.
 
But could I betray Cloud? Could I go for it? Besides, I'm not that old. I'm 17. Also I heard that Sora's birthday is coming up… so he would be 16. But… I also heard that Sora has someone already. A girl named Kairi. He said he loved her but… Leon said that he looked like he was having second thoughts.
 
I really wouldn't betray Cloud… he was with Aerith now. But she also had feelings for him still and thought he did too. I guess I was wrong. Well I could use Sora to get over Cloud. The word use didn't sound right. I would be using Sora and he could get hurt. Ugh! I feel so frustrated.
 
I had previously told Aerith about my Sora problem. She started to giggle uncontrollably. “Well Teef… I think you should go for it!” She said to me that one day. I shrugged as an answer and continued on thinking.
 
That reminds me, Sora started calling me Teef after a while. Maybe he really does like me? Yeah… I am. Today I am going to ask Sora out! Oh, man… what a time to have butterflies in my stomach. I walked over to Aerith, who was watching Cloud recover from the second Sephiroth versus Cloud battle. “Hey… I think I might do it…” I whispered in her ear. Why I was whispering? Well Sora was only a few feet away.
 
Aerith giggled again. “Yeah, I'm right behind you.” Her voice sounded confident and full of support.
 
I took out a keychain I meant to give to him and proceeded to him. He glanced my way and let a goofy smile control his lips. “Hey! Teef!”
 
I licked my lips and started to wish that I never thought about doing this. I really don't know what happened next, I think I lost control of my body or I went insane for a moment. I bent my head so my mouth was right next to his ear. He seemed shocked but allowed me to continue. I grabbed his hand and placed the keychain in it. “Hey Sora, how bout a date some time?” I asked, hope filled my voice and my entire being.
 
I felt him smile and he leaned towards my ear. “Sure, why not? Did you finally get my hints?”
 
Blush filled my cheeks instantly. “Um… you were…” I was at a complete loss of words. But I gained control once again. I lifted my head and kissed his cheek softly, sending a feeling of excitement up my spine.
 
I walked away seductively (like I said earlier I lost my mind) while he stared after me. He called after me one last time. “Teef, Friday at eight?”
 
Before I walked up the stairs and around the corner I smiled. “Sounds fine! Don't be late!” I turned the corner and burst into a fit of giggles.
 
I asked him out… finally.
 
Inspired by Wolf Fangs Story: “Her Knight in Big Yellow Shoes.”