Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ Over The Threshold ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Yuuri's eyes were still closed, so he heard rather than saw Wolfram running away. Soon enough though the footsteps had ceased to be audible, in his mind's eye, Yuuri understood that his angel had disappeared into the night. The suddenness at which Wolfram had sprinted away unnerved him but he didn't run after Wolfram right away. The past two years had taught him a lot about his bridegroom, and one of the things he's learned after such a long time was that Wolfram loved him. Whatever this was, there had to have been a very good reason for his having bolted away. So Yuuri closed his eyes and decided he'd follow his heartbeat. Somehow it always told him where Wolfram was, quickening whenever he felt the knight close by. Yuuri decided he would literally follow his heart.
The halls of Blood Pledge were secured by an elite palace guard. Yuuri breathed a sigh of relief and kept his eyes closed, feeling safe within his castle's walls, and assured that the people he loved were happy within it. Yuuri felt the walls with his fingertips and couldn't help how Wolfram was so different and yet so similar to these weathered and silent stone witnesses to centuries past. Wolfram was, like these walls, stronger than anything in Shin Makoku, but Wolfram was also the softest thing he'd ever touched. Yuuri smiled at the comparison, and stopped when he felt the familiar grain of the wood on Greta's bedroom door.
Yuuri opened his eyes and was pleased to see his little redheaded princess asleep, as having been one of the central figures of the wedding had certainly rendered her totally exhausted. Yuuri paused to note how peacefully his daughter slept and he started to feel warm inside. Greta, his and Wolfram's little girl. Wolfram… Yuuri thought he'd find Wolfram there but since he was wrong, he decided he'd try to find his bridegroom before the Royal Consort got impatient. Yuuri shivered and imagined a cold zephyr made it past the latticed windows of his daughter's room but dismissed the thought immediately. It was his wedding night and Wolfram was missing. It was then that a horrific thought finally hit him. What if Wolfram had really meant to run away? Yuuri paled at the notion and ran out of Greta's room so fast that the little girl hugged her blanket closer to herself, thinking even in her slumber that a breeze just blew in.
Yuuri ran like a madman throughout Blood Pledge, searching every room and study until at last he found Wolfram in the one room he least expected his spouse to be in -- Wolfram's own suite which now housed none of his possessions, as every one of his personal things had been moved into Yuuri's room as was only natural. Wolfram stood in the middle of the room which seemed to have been outfitted into a photographer's studio, and surely enough, there was a camera in the very center which Yuri recognized to be Murata Ken's, and behind it was where Wolfram was, so busy making adjustments to the contraption that he didn't even notice that Yuuri was there.
Yuuri approached Wolfram quietly, almost afraid to disrupt the charming scene. Wolfram was working behind the camera, but the lights overhead -- crude but effective things that Annisina probably contributed to this odd tableau -- deflected on the canvas in front of them both and bested even the moonlight in spite of its obvious artificiality, and Yuuri caught in his breath, wondering how he could have been so lucky. Wolfram looked good in any kind of lighting.
Wolfram smiled to himself as he felt Yuuri draw near. He'd seen the raven-haired king approaching from the corner of his eye, but had made no move to turn around. He sighed in contentment though as he felt strong arms and fragrant warmth evocative of a mountain spring surround his body as Yuuri enclosed him in a hug, and leaned back into the embrace to feel his husband's heartbeat against his back.
Yuuri started planting kisses along the line of Wolfram's nape, his warm breath causing Wolfram to shiver in both pleasure and anticipation. Suddenly though Wolfram turned around, held Yuuri at arm's length and eyed him curiously, as though the King was doing something inappropriate. It was then that Yuuri decided to at last inquire. He tilted Wolfram's face up and leaned in for a kiss, not closing his eyes so he could see if those stunning emerald-green eyes would accept the caress and slide shut. When they did not, Yuuri sighed wistfully and stroked the smooth cheek with his thumb for a moment before proceeding to walk away, but a strong, sword-calloused hand caught his and the next thing he knew, he was enjoying the most mind-blowing kiss he'd ever shared with this his first and only love, because he'd been made to want it so badly from that time in his suite almost an hour ago. The kiss Yuuri got was insistent, possessive, fiery, and just a tad bit desperate, Wolfram's tongue teasing his and exploring Yuuri's mouth, tasting him, loving him, claiming him. What got Yuuri though was the vulnerability Wolfram exuded as Wolfram mewled and whimpered his pleasure at being kissed back by his beloved, smiling into the kiss even though he was a little miffed at the grin of genuine masculine satisfaction that Yuuri had on his face because he knew that he was the only one who could ever make Wolfram feel like this.
This is Wolfram alright, the King thought to himself, utterly pleased as he looked down at Wolfram's lips, now a little swollen from having been kissed so well so recently. Yuuri couldn't help but smile widely at that and managed to earn for himself an adorable scowl which Yuuri turned into a irresistible sheepish pout set perfectly on a blushing face. Yuuri thought it was rewarding how he had an almost cruel grip over his spouse's emotions and made a mental note to never exploit that well, too often, like he wanted to do now. He reached out and held Wolfram tightly against him, sighing in relief when Wolfram's arms circled his waist and held on just as tightly as he would have to dear life.
Yuuri ran his hands over Wolfram's back and cupped his hands over Wolfram's bottom and pressed him closer, the move making Wolfram blush like the virgin he was.
“Are you scared?” Yuuri asked, as his hands slid back up Wolfram's back and started to make quick work of the nightgown's lacings.
“No, but I would like you to stop disrobing me,” Wolfram said flatly.