Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ Watch out for the Green Eyes ❯ Part 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Kyou Kara Maou! I'm not making any money.
Warnings: Yaoi (male x male), Yuuri x Wolfram. Some other pairings.
Summary: The action takes place six years after Yuuri and Wolfram got together/six years after the events in “Working out the Paradox”. Yuuri and Wolfram have been married for four years.
A/N 1: Age: Yuuri - 22, Wolfram - who the heck knows?!
A/N 2: I hate Greta; she is nonexistent in this story, and Yuuri has never adopted her.
A/N 3: The chapter starts earlier than the previous one finished. Here (in the beginning) you have the opportunity to watch some of the events from Asami's POV.
A/N 4: WhiteYoukai drew a picture based on chapter 3 and which is showing what happens when Wolfram's jealousy gets out of control. There you can find Kyota, Asami, Arachi and, of course, Wolfram with Yuuri. It is quite big and I recommend enlarging it: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/54389737/
Don't forget to leave a review for the girl!
 
 
 
Watch out for the Green Eyes
 
by chayron (lttomb@yahoo.com), beta-read by Redmarshin
 
Part 6
 
The journey tired Asami out. For a half an hour he had been riding a horse and it felt more or less fine, but then, despite he was trying to follow Kyota's advice about how to properly ride a horse, the bumping started making him sore. In spite of that Wolfram told him to sit in the saddle for another half an hour and to try to get used to that. Deciding that Wolfram knew better, he didn't protest.
 
There were not that many soldiers who were riding horses, only those high-ranking. From a bit over a hundred men there were about ten on the horses. Other horses were pulling carts with tents, sleeping-bags and goods they had taken from the defeated enemy, the rest were dragging stretchers with the wounded.
 
He had also caught a glimpse of the same two men who had chased him through the camp last night. Actually it was them who noticed him. One of them glared daggers at him and the other's smirk was promising. Asami didn't even want to think what it might promise - one soldier seemed to have his jaw broken, the other's left eye was all black and swollen; Wolfram was going to kill them all with his damned temper. He couldn't understand where the blond was hiding so much strength in that slender body of his.
 
He had heard Wolfram mention to Kyota that local people were weaker than an average Mazoku. Obviously Wolfram had made that discovery while beating up those two. That didn't encourage him any - any other time if anything happened it was either to hide behind Wolfram's back or run - he would still be weaker than an average soldier here. He had fought only two times and those were in kindergarten because of toys.
 
When he climbed off the horse, his muscles seemed to have declared war upon him. They walked for another three hours but even it was sheer torture, he didn't ask to be put back onto the horse.
 
Asami had much time to think about various things while they were crossing the desert underneath the sizzling sun. All he could do now was to count on Wolfram and Kyota to get them out of this mess. It had been not encouraging either when the prince had said that he had no idea if he would be able to summon the gate. He had said it had happened accidentally… The thought was scary. If in the end it appeared that Wolfram wasn't able to do that, their only hope would be Yuuri, Yuuri whom they didn't know if he was alive or dead and if they never found Yuuri… He didn't even want to think about it.
 
He also had enough time to start suspecting that Wolfram was the reason why he was able to understand the language that was spoken around him now. Kyota had explained him earlier all about the requirements to understand the language but he had strictly refused - there was no way he would kiss a man. Yet he was able to understand the language now. How? He didn't know, but was sure that the blond had something to do with that - as far as he had noticed nothing was happening without the blond's knowledge, Kyota and Arachi obeying his every word.
 
For some reason he was getting dark and angered looks, while meanwhile Wolfram, who was actually the one to beat those soldiers, was followed with admiring gazes. The golden wedding bracelet wasn't on the prince's wrist anymore. They had figured it out that the bracelet was exactly the reason why the soldiers had thought that Wolfram was a concubine and automatically presumed the same about the ones who were following him. They had noticed earlier that the bracelet had been attracting the soldiers' gazes, however they thought that it was because of the bracelet's value - it was made of pure gold. Only today they figured out that a bracelet on one's wrist must be a distinguishing mark for a concubine. With that revelation, even if reluctantly, Wolfram unclasped it from his wrist and put it deep in his pocket; he knew that it was probably the only source of money they had right now and they would probably sell or exchange it for something. Right now it didn't change anything of course - people considered them concubines anyway, but the four of them hoped that in future there wouldn't be such a misunderstanding anymore.
 
Asami brushed sweat off his forehead and sighed deeply.
 
When they finally stopped for a break, three soldiers rushed to the blond's side to help him off the horse. For a second Wolfram stared at them surprised then his stare turned into ice and, ignoring their offered hands, he slid off the horse on his own. Kyota watched the entire commotion with an amused face - it was long ago when Wolfram would get so much attention - nobody in the castle ever did that anymore because everyone knew that the blond hated that and his anger was something to be afraid off, and a rare soul tried to court him outside the castle -Yuuri's power was well-known throughout the entire planet.
 
They rested, ate and watered the horses. The wounded people were treated, the ones who went under to wounds and heat were buried. Half an hour later the journey continued.
 
Kyota himself didn't lack attention either and contrarily to the blond rather enjoyed it, returning quite a few glances and winks to several men. Asami had noticed earlier that Kyota indeed was a show-off, although there was much lightness and amusement perceivable in his actions. Asami accepted it rather as a stress reliever than a real flirt. He had also noticed that Wolfram seemed not to pay any attention to that. Not once he had thought that there was something between him and Kyota, actually he was sure of that. But now, after a couple of days spent together he was perfectly able to see that it was one-sided. Wolfram was used to Kyota running after him and teasing him the entire time and Kyota seemed to be used to the blond rolling his eyes and giving out dismissive sighs. Asami wondered how long it would last - there was no way a normal man could handle his beloved's ignorance. But Kyota was good at that and was good at hiding his discontentment and pain. The damned fool.
 
Wolfram and Kyota were riding in front of him and Arachi. The men were conversing about possible outcome of this unplanned visit to Ekara and thinking about their further actions. They were talking in the language that was used in Shin Makoku and no other person except him and Arachi was able to understand them. The elite guard was listening carefully, his mismatched eyes resting on the back of the soldiers that were walking before him. Arachi also got his share of attention but ignored everyone around him whose name wasn't Wolfram, Kyota or Asami. There was some calm aura surrounding the man and Asami couldn't help admiring him - the guard didn't seem to be affected much by this happening, was always by his side, always was ready to carry out any orders Wolfram or Kyota gave him. Despite his obvious infatuation with the prince, Arachi held his distance and actually was self-sufficient, rarely asking and simply doing what he thought was to be done.
 
Wolfram had asked around and got to know that the army had been on foot for seven days now, most of men coming from Redek, a city farther in west. Their spies had gotten information on the army moving towards Redek. The leaders had decided to intercept them on the move before they could raid all the villages in their way. But all this meant that if the four of them wanted to see Faraya, they needed to go the opposite way from the one they were heading for. But they weren't even sure that they needed to meet that Faraya and that he had anything to do with Yuuri.
 
Four hours later they finally saw sparse vegetation, several gnawed bushes and yellowish half dried plants. In the evening, when the sun started setting and the air grew cooler they saw Dara, the village they had been thinking about during the entire day. High from the hill an unbelievably welcome sight opened before their eyes: the settlement was situated on both sides of a river. The river was probably the only thing that maintained life here. From that far away it was hard to discern it very well but it seemed that there mostly were mud huts. Scattered in the settlement there also were some houses made of wood and stones visible. Those probably belonged to wealthy people in Dara.
 
There were crop and grass fields crisscrossed with irrigation ditches all around the village. A bit farther from the village there was a small wood. The greenness that suddenly opened before the tired and exhausted men was a tremendous sight making hearts beat faster and relieved sighs escape mouths. Even beasts rejoiced and hurried towards the settlement with renewed pace.
 
When Wolfram rode up to the commander to ask the name of the river, Asami noticed that the man had his eyes glued on Wolfram. The soot washed off his face, Wolfram's beauty had come to full bloom. He had expected that people would simply get used to Wolfram's looks but it was quite the opposite - now not only most of the soldiers were openly leering at the blond but also the commander. Wolfram's already striking looks must have been exotic for the local people. The way the man's blond locks shone in the setting sun, the soft breeze ruffling them leisurely and the unbelievably green eyes that now sparkled with excitement and even the reddish freshly burnt skin were attracting everyone's eyes.
 
He would be blind if he didn't see that Wolfram had a lovely figure too. The blond wasn't tall - rather a bit shorter than average, but his body was proportioned very well. When in the baths or the lake he had seen that the prince was quite muscular, his limbs toned. Wolfram was one of those people who looked very slender in clothing. In reality, if compared, Wolfram had more muscle than him. He had also compared Kyota to Wolfram and to his surprise realized that Kyota looked more slender than Wolfram.
 
Together with the small army they entered the village. People were running from the houses and fields they had been working in and turning towards the road the soldiers were walking down. Cheers and greetings surrounded them. Some of the warriors drifted off the ranks and joined their wives and children. People and commotion following the army as it reached the end of the wide street where the house of the chief was standing. After a small talk about food and the place to stay overnight, the army was sent outside the village.
 
They set the tents near the river. Even if they were tired, the soldiers' moods were high, some of them going to hunt, some looked for berries and edible plants. They were also promised some fresh food from the village and now were waiting for it.
 
Wolfram had asked around if anybody had seen a newcomer or a passing man with black longish hair and big dark eyes. The description was nothing of worth, because all of the local people looked similar to this. The children who had been running after the army and tried to at least touch or poke someone or something was the most trustful source which had informed Wolfram that nobody had seen any strangers in the village since the same army went past it several days ago and now the only strangers in the village were them.
 
After looking around and having a word with the commander, Wolfram, Kyota and Asami went to the river to wash. Crossing a field where several strange creatures were grazing on the grass they reached the bank that was overgrown with reed, algae and weed. Several meters away there was a normal beach but there were several women doing the laundry, waving with the beaters, the water churning all around.
 
Wolfram shed his clothes on the shore then splashed his way through the mud and grass to get into the deeper water. As the air around them grew cooler, the water in the river seemed to be warm enough. But even if it were freezing, he would have taken a swim. Once deeper, he plunged in then resurfaced a little farther. The loud echoing sounds that were being carried over the river by the soft wind made him nostalgic.
 
While plumping and combing his hair with his fingers to get the sand and sweat out of it, he wondered what Kyota and Asami would do. After turning around he saw that the two were following him; as much as they didn't like deep waters they probably hated sweat too and lately they didn't do anything else except sweating under that sizzling sun which made them smell like pigs.
 
Trusting for Kyota to drag Asami out to the shore in case he started to drown, he turned forward again and with languid strokes swam further. When Yuuri and he used to go for a swim the water body usually turned into a battlefield both of them training with their water elements, trying to subdue each other. Water would spray everywhere, the water dragons roaring and trying to get through past defenses. Sometimes there were walls and columns of water as high as thirty meters. He loved those spars, both of them did. Most of them ended with sex, usually winning the one with most energy left after the spar.
 
Wolfram shook his head to disperse the naked images of flushed and perspired bodies that flashed in his head; it was neither time nor place to think about that now. But a wicked smile set up at the very corner of his mouth. He had never won against Yuuri with the water element.
 
After swimming for some time Wolfram turned back to the shore. When he approached the shore closer, the sight surprised him - it was quite crowded. When did all those people get here? Probably the commander let them go for a swim after setting the tents up.
 
After swimming towards the shore for about a minute Wolfram suddenly realized that they were looking at him. A little worried, he turned his head back to look behind him, but it seemed that nothing was following him, besides Kyota was calmly standing on the shore, wringing his hair and not giving any of the emergency signs for him to get out. Asami looked like he was about to vomit. This was going to be a good one.
 
Wading through the mud Wolfram motioned for Kyota to get his shirt for him. He felt like his sunburnt skin started to peel off at those stares. He took the shirt that Kyota held out for him. The cloth was almost solid with dried sweat and he had intended to wash it, and goddamn him if those leering faces thwarted with his plans.
 
Ignoring the audience of the men who were pretending to not be ogling him, Wolfram took the shirt but instead of putting it on walked over to his blue uniform and gathered it from the grass. Flinging the jacket on, he took his boots in his left hand and gave a look at Kyota, indicating to follow him. He was glad he had decided against swimming naked or now wouldn't know where to put his eyes. Intending to wash the shirt and the mud off his legs he turned towards the shore where some of the women were still washing clothes.
 
Someone coughed politely. A vein popped out on Wolfram's forehead. After turning around it appeared that it was Kyota trying to get his attention. With his index finger, he was pointing somewhere behind himself.
 
“He has brought you a chicken,” Kyota said in one of Sin Makoku tongues. From Kyota, Wolfram's eyes slid to the side to the soldier who smiled sheepishly and held out a pot. It was a large seemingly heavy pot that was still steaming. The man also had a thick piece of cloth on his hands not to burn. Wolfram's lips pressed together tightly and, slowly, he lowered his boots back to the grass. In a minute he put his hands on hips. He couldn't believe it.
 
“And what the hell does he want now? He sure as hell can't think that I'm THAT cheap. He should at least have brought a herd of camels or at least a horse…”
 
His eyes wide in disbelief, Asami stared at Wolfram whose one hand was still akimbo and the other was scratching his head while he was looking at the steaming pot. Wolfram was grinning widely. Kyota was laughing, too. Asami didn't find it funny - somehow it seemed to him that the two were close to hysterics. It simply felt…wrong, all that laughter and the grin.
 
“Well, if he had known that once you have refused a county that was worth hundreds thousands horses…” Kyota shook his head, still not stopping to laugh.
 
“I was already married at the time, mind you,” Wolfram chuckled ruffling his hair to get the last of water out of them. “I sure as hell would have sold myself for that county if not for Yuuri coming along earlier; that old codger was pretty hot stuff too.”
 
“You really ask high prices for your goods,” Kyota grinned, winking. “True, why do you need a county when you have the entire kingdom?”
 
“Pfffft…” Wolfram rolled his eyes. “I doubt it will bring me much benefit - it's hard to enjoy the money when you are dead, you know. And sure as hell Yuuri will be the death of me.”
 
“It seems like it,” Kyota chuckled. “We will be damn lucky if we get away alive.”
 
Asami watched the two men grinning at each other, then their amused faces started to sober up slowly. With a jerky and somewhat edgy movement of his head, Wolfram broke the gaze. There was something dark in his eyes.
 
“So what do I do with these two chickens?” Wolfram muttered.
 
“Two?” Asami blinked.
 
“The one in the pot and another before me,” Wolfram answered. “I can't believe he has no guts to talk to me personally and asked Kyota to talk to me.”
 
“Oh, c'mon,” Kyota said, “he's just very polite. Or shy. Or maybe we simply don't know the etiquette here…”
 
Wolfram sighed. He turned to the soldier. “You are welcome to join us at the dinner table. I'll just wash my shirt and legs first.”
 
Several whoops and catcalls were heard from the soldiers that were flocking around. A content smile appeared on the soldier's face. Asami remembered that he had seen this one earlier - the man had been trying to keep around Wolfram. Asami frowned. Men chasing men! -Jesus, he was sick of this nonsense!
 
“Do you realize that now you'll have them flowing into our tent in force…?” Kyota drawled.
 
Wolfram gave Kyota a curt look. “He's a high-ranking soldier. If others think that I'm his, then they will keep away.”
 
Kyota ducked his head at the admonishment. Wolfram had always been good at similar games. The blond had never been interested in them, but he was the best at them. A deadly strategist. If wished, Wolfram could wrap any man around his little finger: he used dirty tricks, he lied, he manipulated, actually did all those things a good politician did. The thing was that after the prince had gotten Yuuri, he didn't need any other man anymore.
 
They walked over to the shore where the ground consisted of sand and small stones. The three of them waded in to wash their legs. The women stopped doing the laundry and stared at them.
 
Kyota had no idea how it happened but during that time while he was beside Yuuri, the blond had only become more cunning. Yuuri wasn't like that - even if Yuuri had become much firmer and wiser, the man was honest and prideful, always tried to compromise and tried to solve problems directly and so that there were minimal losses. How did it happen that Wolfram had become like that? Kyota knew the answer - Wolfram was just keeping balance. While his husband was softer and rather worked like a shield for his kingdom, Wolfram was the man who was not afraid to use force and was the one whom Yuuri would send if the situation required a sword. Yuuri had made Wolfram like that. Not intentionally of course - Wolfram always had much more fire than Yuuri and much of it was Cecilie's and his father's genes - but during those years of serving under his king that Wolfram's other side came into full view. It was not that Wolfram became a different person, not caring or cruel, no, he didn't change that much and appreciated all the same things he had appreciated earlier but now he started seeing a different shade to them. It was that Wolfram learned and was not afraid to use the weapons he had.
 
But Kyota couldn't even start thinking what would become of Wolfram if they never found Yuuri. Kyota wished that they'd rather found Yuuri dead than look for him forever. The prince would go mad and there would be no stopping him until he got his revenge but it was only for the better, because otherwise Wolfram would simply fade away slowly. The blond wasn't able to see his life without Yuuri anymore.
 
It was darkening fast, the air growing cooler and mist gathering over the wide river and spreading further into the fields. Swarms and plumes of tiny flies hung over the river; with vigor, mosquitoes started to turn towards the village and into the fields for fresh blood. Far away, the last sunrays were seen in the horizon.
 
Kyota slapped a mosquito then scratched his bitten cheek. He turned to look at Wolfram and Asami who were beside each other and finishing washing the mud off their legs. Asami had stopped sending glares to Wolfram each time he thought Wolfram couldn't see and actually even then when he knew the blond must see them. It was as if after this night someone had switched something on or off in Asami. It appeared that there had been so little needed that Asami would finally recognize Wolfram as his best friend's husband. There still was some reluctance from the dark-haired man's side and even a bit of anger, but very likely it was because Asami felt helpless and angry with himself in this situation and that all he could do was expect from Wolfram, as their leader, to defend his interests and even his existence.
 
The soldier was standing on the shore, still holding the pot and watching the three of them in the river. There was a bag tossed over his shoulder and the blue-haired man wondered what there was. The soldier looked up and blushed fiercely as he was caught staring at Wolfram's backside while that one was leaning down and washing his shirt. Kyota couldn't help smiling. The man returned the smile with a sheepish and tentative one of his own.
 
Kyota waded back to the shore and stood beside the soldier while Wolfram was still washing his shirt. The blue-haired man nudged the soldier in the side; and it was a pleasant sight indeed.
 
Finally Wolfram was done and together with Asami returned to the shore. Barefooted, their boots in their hands, they turned back into the camp. After walking for several minutes through the darkening fields, sounds of merriments that were wafting from the village reached their ears: songs, shouts and laughter. A pleasant smell of frying meat was spreading around. The soldier related that the grateful villagers presented the army with several beasts and tons of vegetables. Not waiting for anything, the beasts had already been slaughtered and now were boiling in pots and were skewered on spits all over the fireplaces. The soldier explained that chickens were given to all the higher ranking soldiers.
 
Wolfram listened to him half-heartedly then asked his name. The soldier flustered visibly and apologized for not introducing himself sooner.
 
“Moara Dehin,” he nodded at Wolfram. As he didn't ask his name, the prince presumed that the man had heard it the first time when he introduced himself to the commander. He remembered seeing him around. The soldier had caught his eyes - the man was attractive. Actually, exactly his type - big and well-built, with large dark eyes and longish black hair, with full lips, a pointy chin and skin darker than his.
 
Once in the camp, Wolfram spread out his shirt over the tent to dry then sent Arachi out to the river to let him wash himself (the man had been left to guard the tent) and then started looking for the candle. He would have preferred to eat outside but was sure that in that case they would not avoid curious gazes - he simply wanted a little peace.
 
The soldier put the pot with the chicken onto a cloth that had been soon spread in the middle of the tent. He took the bag he had been carrying off his shoulder and shook out a heap of vegetables. Kyota brought the rest of food that they had still left from earlier. Wolfram motioned for everyone to sit down then took the dagger from Asami and, while Moara was cutting the chicken into the pieces, got started on vegetables. A piece of plank they had found near the lake served for that just right.
 
Asami watched the dagger in Wolfram's hand. The sharp blade was moving over the vegetables in such a speed that it seemed that Wolfram had been doing this day in and out. Thin slices of the vegetable similar to cucumber were rolling from under the blade then some red vegetables followed. After Wolfram yelped, his hand jerking, Asami realized that the prince really hadn't really been doing that day after day.
 
Wolfram cursed softly and looked around for something to wipe the blood off. His eyes wide, he stared at Moara who suddenly had his finger in his mouth, sucking lightly. It was warm. Wet. Warm.
 
Stunned silence settled in the tent.
 
“H…” Wolfram stuttered. “D…” He blinked not managing to string his thought. “Give it back!” He tugged to pop his finger out of that moist mouth. Continuing to stare at the soldier, he cradled his finger. “What the fuck was that?” he muttered, his eyes still wide.
 
“He disinfected it,” Kyota said in a serious tone but he could hardly hold his laughter at the sight of Wolfram cradling his finger against his chest protectively while the soldier didn't know where to put his eyes after realizing that the blond didn't really appreciate his gesture. Wolfram seemed to be shocked that the man dared touch him, less suck on his finger. A light blush was creeping up Wolfram's features.
 
Chuckling, Kyota took the dagger from where Wolfram had dropped it and finished cutting the vegetables.
 
Wolfram watched the blue-haired man work then motioned for Moara to start eating. He took a piece of chicken for himself while indicating with his head for Asami to take one too. Trying to ignore Moara's wandering eyes, the prince nibbled on the bone. If Yuuri were here, Moara would be in trouble. His husband wasn't very jealous what came to stares and flirting and rarely reacted, but when it came to touching… Moara would be picking his teeth from the ground right now. It was such a shame that Yuuri wasn't here. He loved when his husband was jealous and the sex after those jealousy displays was the best. Yuuri was so fierce when jealous, taking him ruthlessly.
 
Wolfram closed his eyes. Gods, what was he thinking about? Yuuri… What if Yuuri… To tell the truth he was so scared that didn't even what to think about that.
 
Sucking on his stinging finger absentmindedly Wolfram suddenly noticed that it was deadly silent in the tent. Confused, the prince raised his eyes from the remaining chicken in the pot and was met by two sets of staring eyes. He suddenly realized that Moara and Kyota were staring at the finger in his mouth. The same finger that just minutes ago was in Moara's mouth.
 
The finger popped out of Wolfram's mouth. “Ewww…” the prince frowned.
 
Kyota cleared his throat and turned his attention back to the bone he had in his hand. Moara grinned at the blond. Wolfram felt the urge to strangle someone.
 
“You are spilling pheromones all around you,” Kyota muttered in Shin Makoku tongue. “What the hell have you been thinking about?”
 
Wolfram's head snapped to him; his mood was darker than black. Why couldn't Kyota keep his observations to himself? His own fault then. “I remembered how good it is when Yuuri fu-” the blond's eyes fell on Asami who was looking at him intently and he shut his mouth with a loud snap. “Keep your stupid observations to yourself,” he said instead.
 
Asami stared at Wolfram. He couldn't believe it. Was just Wolfram going to say what he thought he was going to say? He turned to Kyota who was frowning at the blond. Take that. Even if he could smell nothing of those previously mentioned pheromones, with a mild surprise he realized that he was happy for Wolfram telling Kyota off; the bastard shouldn't be using the opportunity and sticking to Wolfram when Yuuri wasn't around.
 
The four of them turned to Arachi who had just entered the tent. The guard had a plate with a steaming chunk of fried meat on it. The guard went to the “table” and put the plate on it. It smelt good.
 
“Where did you get it?” Kyota wondered.
 
Arachi sighed. “Some guy asked me to bring this to a blue-haired concubine…Sir, I hope I was not too forward thinking that the person has meant you…?”
 
Kyota let out a sound that was between a chuckle and a sigh in annoyance. “Nope, you weren't.”
 
“Whoohoo, more food! It's a good thing to be considered a whore after all,” Wolfram said.
 
Kyota glared at him but said nothing - Wolfram's patience was already hanging on a thread, the man snappish and hardly managing to keep his tongue in check. The prince must have been thinking about Yuuri before. Frustration caused by Yuuri wasn't something Wolfram was good at dealing with.
 
Kyota motioned for Arachi to join them and the guard sat down next to him. Wolfram took a piece of fried meat that Moara offered. The soldier's dark eyes watched the blond sink his sharp teeth into the chunk then tear a small piece of it. As for a concubine, Wolfram was not all that well mannered, had a loud mouth and glared too much, Moara decided. But it was understandable - the blond must be used to attention and was self-confident - and that only added to that exotic feeling the blond was giving off. He had also heard rumors about the blond threatening and even beating up two of his soldiers but that couldn't be true, of course; nobody would ever teach a beauty like this to fight - it would be unforgivable to damage such a body.
 
“Do you intend to go back to your owner?” the soldier asked.
 
Wolfram raised his eyes to meet the dark ones. “No,” he said.
 
Moara nodded. “I have some property down in Redek, also a house in Olin. You would lack nothing.”
 
Wolfram looked at him then lowered his eyes to his lap. “And how about the commander? I know that he's lying - he's not going to send me back…” Wolfram's emerald eyes rose back to meet Moara's who now seemed concerned.
 
“Did he say anything to you?” the soldier asked. “Questioned you?”
 
Wolfram shook his head for no. “He just asked whom we belonged to and where we were from. But it's obvious that he's considering keeping us. As he wants as less commotion as possible he hasn't told us anything yet but once we are in the city…”
 
Moara gave him an observing look. The blonde was cleverer than he seemed; in his eyes the man had just climbed several steps higher. Moara's resolution increased even more. “If you declared me your new owner,” he said, “as the one who had missed his chance, the commander would have no say. But yes, then, in revenge, he'd probably try to contact your previous owner, send you back and get the reward.”
 
“Ah…” Wolfram's facial expression turned into an indescribable one. “It's not…like that. You see…our previous owner died. There was a raid - Faraya's intelligence got to know that he was involved in leaking the information and killed him. Just before it happened, even if we know nothing about his operations, afraid that we might be punished for his actions, he had sent us four away.”
 
Moara watched green watery eyes before him. He held himself before he could reach out and touch those pale cheeks tinted with sadness. “I think he needn't have worried - nobody would harm you.”
 
Moara shook himself out of the enchanted stupor and looked at three other faces. Docharo was handsome too and, as soon as he found someone with enough influence and power to take care of him, with that exceptional blue hair and those sky blue eyes of his wouldn't have any trouble either. The one who acted like he was their servant and emanated calmness also had very unusual looks which would surely be marketable. The last one, with a gloomy cloud over him, was the least interesting - he was wearing some weird glassy thing on his nose and despite his exclusive pale skin didn't catch one's eye. But maybe the four were very close and didn't want to be separated in any way. To take them all in…? He would want to (what man wouldn't?) but…his salary wasn't that big…and there would be too much jealousy from around. Besides, his wife would skin him alive for taking them four in… One was fine, but four of them…?
 
Kyota watched the man struggle with himself. Alarmed, he noticed that Asami was staring at the prince openmouthed, disbelief written all over his face. If Moara saw this… Quickly, he turned his head to the soldier. He needn't have worried - the man was looking only at Wolfram, his eyes not leaving the blond's face even for a second. Moara was being seriously tempted.
 
“I… I'll think about this,” the soldier nodded finally. “But it would be in your best interest to split. There's hardly a man who can afford all four of you…”
 
Kyota gave him a soft smile. “Oh, the business is all about Wolfram. We are only an additional prize. For free.” Then his smile turned cunning. “Actually, how much can we get for him?”
 
Wolfram choked on the chicken leg he had been gnawing on. Afraid that he might start roaring with laughter, he lowered his eyes to his lap shyly.
 
“Ehh…” Moara scratched his head. Unsure, he looked at Kyota. It was the first time he heard about concubines selling concubines. “Well…” he turned to look at the blond again and cast an appreciative look over him. The blond not only had exceptional looks but also seemed to be quite clever. “I'm not that sure but it would be a lot…something about fifty thousands or maybe even more. You'd only need to wash and perfume and teach him some proper manners,” he added, completely weirded out by the fact that he was telling that to another concubine.
 
“Do you have that much money?” Arachi asked. He put the bare bone onto the board they had been slicing the vegetables on. He had no idea how much money that was and knew that the same was with his superiors and it needed to be cleared. Just for cultural explorations. Only. He really didn't think about selling the blond and then running away with all that money and buying an island. Really. There was no way he would think about it. Absolutely.
 
The soldier shifted uncomfortably. “No.”
 
“Could you save it up?” Arachi questioned. An island somewhere near Shin Makoku, he mused, the climate was good there… A ship…
 
“No.”
 
Arachi looked at Wolfram but his head was still lowered, his shoulders shaking in anger or laughter - he didn't know -, so he turned to Kyota who nodded taking over.
 
“Well, we could make a discount…” the blue-haired man said. “We will add our horses. The more you buy the cheaper it is… How about forty-five thousands?”
 
Moara stared at him then frowned. “I didn't come here to be mocked at.”
 
“Forgive him,” Wolfram said finally raising his head. “He has always been jealous of my beauty.” Kyota had no idea how the prince managed to keep a straight face.
 
“I can understand why…”
 
Wolfram gave him an amiable smile. “Money never comes in first place. It is more important that a man would be honest and honorable.”
 
Kyota watched this exchange of pleasantries. Moara's face had lightened again.
 
“I'll think about it,” the soldier repeated before standing up. Wolfram also stood up and followed him to the exit. He thanked Moara for the chicken and didn't protest when the soldier kissed him on the cheek.
 
Kyota grinned at Wolfram when he returned. “How long do you plan on keeping him on satisfied with only that? His friends will start laughing at him…”
 
Wolfram gave him an amused look. “There's one thing about men, and you know it, Kyota. That innocent gesture in his conquest stories will turn into a passionate kiss. Next time he touches my bosom, it will turn into a passionate petting…”
 
“Hey, not all men are like that!” Kyota protested.
 
Wolfram grinned, nodding. “Sure. I know two who aren't. It's Yuuri and…” his eyes swept over Kyota and the rest of the men in the tent theatrically, “oh, me?” he pointed at his own chest.
 
Kyota rolled his eyes. “What do you intend doing with him?”
 
Wolfram shrugged his shoulders. “He might be useful.” He looked at the empty pot and gnawed bones then yawned. “I'm going to sleep. I was working very hard to get that chicken,” he winked, “you clean up now.”
 
“Spoiled brat,” Kyota sighed.
 
“A freakin' madhouse,” Asami added.
 
TBC
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1