Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ Watch out for the Green Eyes ❯ Part 17 ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Kyou Kara Maou! I'm not making any money.
Warnings: Yaoi (male x male), Yuuri x Wolfram. Some other pairings.
Summary: The action takes place six years after Yuuri and Wolfram got together/six years after the events in “Working out the Paradox”. Yuuri and Wolfram have been married for four years.
A/N 1: Age: Yuuri - 22, Wolfram - who the heck knows?!
A/N 2: I hate Greta; she is nonexistent in this story, and Yuuri has never adopted her.
 
 
Watch out for the Green Eyes
 
by chayron (lttomb@yahoo.com), beta-read by Redmarshin
 
Part 17
 
He could hear floating voices around in the buzzing silence. They would fade then completely disappear and then would be back again. The words were disjointed, jumbled, meaningless. His eyelids were leaden, and his entire body felt heavy, sinking. There was also pain and nausea. Or maybe there wasn't and he didn't even try to move, just sank deeper.
 
“Wolfram!”
 
The absurd noise ceased for a second and he could make out one word. The wave of sickness and nausea that crashed at him was horrible.
 
“The bucket!”
 
Someone pushed him aside or forward or back. The sickness was wracking his entire body. When it was over, he was faint and limp and just wanted away.
 
“Wolfram! Wolfram, concentrate on me!”
 
The words turned into an insensible string again then started fading away in the distance. Then there was a loud sound and something hurt suddenly.
 
“Wolfram!”
 
The reddish, hardly seeing eyes fluttered open to reveal Amae with his hand raised and ready for another slap. Amae ignored the painful groan that left the body on the bed.
 
“You have to siphon off the excessive power!”
 
He tried to ignore the noise. Another slap snapped his head to the other side.
 
“Wolfram, talk to me!”
 
Something about power. What was that? The man. Wanted something. What power? What man? The next slap hurt much more and his head banged against something hard.
 
“Amae, you'll knock him out at this rate.”
 
“What's the fucking difference!” the angry voice wafted. “At this rate, he'll be out on his own!”
 
Another slap followed.
 
“Wolfram, use the damn power or it will tear you apart!”
 
Amae. He knew the man. The power. The power. Faraya. Oh. Harem. Bad. The power. Fire element? Yesterday. Sick. Badly. The power. Oh.
 
“Not.”
 
“Thank gods! Use that freaking power!”
 
Wolfram swallowed and tried again. “Not power. It's…” He tried to say something more but the string of thought just snapped, leaving him without anything to hold onto and he started sinking again.
 
Confused, Lasami looked at the doctor. The old man just threw his hands showing that there was nothing he could do anymore and all what was left was to wait. The picture was grim.
 
Lasami turned to Amae who seemed to be ready to slap the half-conscious man either into consciousness or death. Then Amae's hand faltered in the mid-air, his eyes widening in realization. His head snapped to the doctor.
 
“It's not the stupid power. It's latosa. He's poisoned,” Amae said suddenly. “He had his stomach washed out already. What else can you suggest?”
 
The old man stared at him surprised. “Poisoned? But latosa isn't dangerous… I have never heard that someone would be poisoned with it…”
 
“It doesn't matter what you heard!” Amae snapped. “What is the best treatment?”
 
Ignoring the young concubine's insolence, the doctor rubbed his chin, thinking. “I have some recipes I use in case shaji or loksha over-dosage but…”
 
Amae nodded, not letting him finish. “Prepare it, then. Those drugs are quite similar. It might just work.”
 
The doctor shrugged. “I have a bottle or two always ready in case of emergency.” He turned to Lasami. “Get a mug of warm water ready while I bring it.”
 
Lasami nodded. They went to the door and came back almost at the same time, the doctor carrying a small bottle with dark liquid while Lasami was carrying a mug with water. The doctor took the mug and poured half of it into the waste bucket that stood next to Wolfram's bed then uncapped the bottle and poured everything into the mug.
 
“Make him sit,” he motioned for Lasami.
 
The servant pulled the limp body up and made it lean on the headboard, the head simply lolling forward, the chin almost touching the chest. The doctor sat down close to them and turned to look at Amae.
 
“Well, do what you know best - slap him around several times. He must be conscious enough to drink or half of it will just go onto the covers.”
 
Amae glared at him but did as told. Even if the old man was not allowed to hit any of the concubines it was an emergency after all.
 
As soon as a flicker of consciousness seemed to glimmer on the dazed face, the doctor pressed the mug to the pale lips. The blond managed to swallow almost all of it then they eased him down back into the bedding.
 
“I still don't understand why you made him drink it,” the doctor said to Amae while standing up and giving the mug back to Lasami. “He needs to siphon that power off to…”
 
Amae caught the doctor's hand and lead the old man to the armchair where he seated him. He squatted in front of the doctor.
 
“I have known you for four years,” Amae said. “You are a good man and a wonderful doctor. I haven't seen you mistreat me or anybody else even once. What I'll ask now might appear strange, but I, no Wolfram and I need your help. I won't explain much, but if he survives, we'll need you to tell Faraya that the illness was because of the power. I'll ask you not to mention the poisoning.”
 
Confused, the doctor stared at him. The wizened face and furrowed brows relaxed after a minute and the old man nodded. “Very well. I shall do as you ask. But you are mistaken; he won't survive.”
 
“Thank you,” Amae nodded, ignoring the last sentence. “How long does it usually take for the medicine to work?”
 
The doctor shrugged. “Depends on many things. Well, usually if one is still alive after a day, there's hardly a chance that he would die.”
 
“Do you need to give the medicine several times?” Amae asked.
 
“Yes, it should be given each six hours.”
 
Amae nodded. “Then I'll ask you to prepare several bottles of it. Do you have enough of ingredients?”
 
The doctor shrugged again. “I will have to check. But I can always buy what's needed in the market. It's not a difficult recipe.”
 
“Please, do it, then.”
 
XXXXX
 
Some inner urgency made him open his heavy eyelids. It was difficult to keep them open but he was more aware than he had been previously.
 
“You are awake.”
 
The words were soothingly relieved, stating. He turned his head to the side to see Amae next to him. The concubine was mixing something in a mug. The man gave him a tired smile.
 
“Just in time for your medicine,” he said.
 
He let Amae seat him and drank the horribly stinking liquid from the mug. Strangely, his muffled senses didn't feel the taste but he was only glad about it. He didn't even know what he was drinking but drank it anyway. For all he knew Amae might be poisoning him, but he just drank it, seeing no point in putting up the fight - he was too weak for that - he could hardly lift his head to say nothing of struggling.
 
After he finished the mug, Amae eased him back into the bedding. He felt tired, his body heavy, imparting the feeling that this leaden body didn't even belong to him. All he wanted now was sleep.
 
“Do you remember what happened?” Amae asked him.
 
“No,” he muttered sleepily and hoped that the other would go away. He was tired.
 
“Okay,” Amae nodded. “It doesn't matter. But I need you to use your fire element to exude a great deal of power and make Faraya believe that you got rid of the overflow.”
 
Wolfram's eyes closed. “I'm not overflowing,” he muttered, being on the verge of dozing off. “I feel fine. Just tired. Leave me alone.”
 
“I know that,” Amae said patiently. “But he doesn't. He thinks you got ill because of the over-dosage. And you don't want him to know that you are able to absorb that amount of power without any discomfort, do you? He knows that you wield the same element as him, but he doesn't know how powerful it is. It puts you to danger. Most likely he will kill you. You have to pretend to be getting rid of a big amount - he will feel you using it and will think that you are getting rid of the excess.”
 
He wasn't sure what Amae was talking about.
 
“Just do it, Wolfram, okay? Just summon you fire element and…I don't know…whatever you do, do it outside the palace. It's raining anyway.”
 
He didn't want to summon anything. He was sleepy, tired and weak. Summoning the elements always took some effort. He didn't want to make any efforts right now.
 
“Wolfram,” Amae snapped when it was obvious that the blond wasn't reacting to his soft and reasonable voice, “it's a choice between death and life! Summon your element and you will live. Fall asleep and you won't wake up anymore!” Amae felt hopeful when this time the blond's eyes stayed focused on him.
 
Amae yelped and jumped away from the bed when something detonated somewhere above the palace. He turned his head to the window to stare through in the echoing sound. The echo went away after several seconds and then half-dimmed sparks and soot started falling down from the sky and mix with the rain. Soon it stopped, the rain washing any trace of it.
 
Amazed, Amae turned around to look at the already sleeping man on the bed.
 
XXXXX
 
The next time he woke up, his eyes stayed open. There was still of some heaviness in his stomach but he felt much better and lucid. He wanted to drink. After lifting his head he caught a sight of Amae curled up on the divan, sleeping soundly. The long dark hair was sprawled all around his head, some of it falling down the divan and hanging just above the red and black colored carpet. The cover that he had draped over himself was covering only his midsection, his legs bare.
 
“A…” Wolfram closed his mouth in surprise at how his voice was just a raw hiss. After a second he tried again. “Amae.” The voice didn't sound any better but Amae heard him.
 
The younger male startled then his groggy with sleep eyes concentrated on him. “Oh. Awake?” Rubbing his eyes and yawning, he sat up. “How do you feel?” He pushed the cover off himself.
 
“What happened?”
 
Amae slid off the divan. He brushed his tunic that had ridden up down. “How much do you remember?” he asked then. He went to the table to pour a glass of water. The decanter was almost empty already.
 
Wolfram thought for a moment. “You were reading me a book and….” He frowned trying to connect the hazy pieces in his head. Thick blush spread over his pale cheeks suddenly, his eyes widening. He dropped his eyes off Amae's, confused as disturbing images bombarded him.
 
Amae took sympathy on him. He walked over to him silently and held out the glass that Wolfram took with a shaky hand.
 
“It's okay. It was the drug,” Amae said. “Even though, it was my favorite underwear you had torn,” he couldn't help adding. It was worth Wolfram choking on the water, his face burning with color.
 
“Anything happened?” Wolfram squeaked meekly when he was able to breathe again.
 
Amae shook his head, smiling. “No.” He chuckled when the blond seemed unbelievably relieved. Amae's face sobered then. “Not with me.”
 
Wolfram's brows furrowed in effort to remember. Several seconds passed and his face started turning pale. “I suppose there's a thin chance that my husband had shown up?” he drawled, feeling sick. He rubbed his forehead fervently, blond curls tangling on the sweaty skin.
 
Amae gave him a confused look. His face then reflected disbelief. “You mean, you though that…?”
 
The surge of fury that coursed through Wolfram's body made him lightheaded, his vision going spotty. He gasped for air and then tried to regulate his breathing to prevent himself from fainting.
 
Amae hurried over to him when he looked as if he would roll and fall off the bed anytime. “You okay?” Amae asked with a worried note in his voice as Wolfram seemed to hyperventilate.
 
“Do I look okay to you?!” Wolfram yelled at him. Gasping for breath, he straightened abruptly. Amae jerked away from him as the glass crossed the air to smash against the wall and turn into dozens of splinters.
 
“He's dead!” Wolfram howled. “He's so dead, the fucker!” he hissed. “H-How dare he?! That lowly scum!”
 
Amae ruffled through his dark hair. He had been waiting for this explosive reaction. It was only obvious knowing the blond. Warily, he watched the blond going nuts for about five minutes until his energy was all out, the limp body sagging back into the bedding to simply get his breathing back.
 
“Gods…” the blond groaned. “How the hell did this happen?!”
 
Amae supposed that he should console or try to soothe him but he remembered that long ago it hadn't worked on him and it was likely that it wouldn't work on the blond either.
 
“You are stupid, you know,” Amae said finally, his voice loud among the harsh pants of hysterics. “You thought you had sex with your husband. Fuck it - you had great sex and you enjoyed it!”
 
“Shut up!” Wolfram snapped at him. “Just shut up!” He closed his eyes and groaned again. The worst thing was that he could remember himself enjoying it. Instead of Faraya, all he could remember were some flashes of himself having sex with Yuuri. Faraya had dark complexion and somewhat similar face features to Yuuri's, and his drugged mind had joined the picture of the two, making him believe it had been Yuuri.
 
“You can hate him all you wish, but actually it might have been much, much worse,” Amae shrugged. “And you know it. And stop this shit. Concentrate on getting your strength back instead of wasting it needlessly.”
 
From the bedding Wolfram stared up at him, his eyes narrow in anger.
 
“Nothing terrible happened to you,” Amae continued, ignoring the anger in the reddish eyes. “Sure, he was a fucker to do that to you, but you are okay - you just had sex. No big deal.”
 
Wolfram continued to stare up at him, the rage seeping around him. And then it was gone. Just like that. Amae felt relief wash over him.
 
“You are right,” Wolfram nodded. He inhaled deeply. “I'll just concentrate on fantasizing about his death.”
 
Amae rolled his eyes. “Whatever.” But he was relieved that the blond regained the presence of his mind so fast. He turned away and started walking toward the table. “Do you want anything to drink? Eat?”
 
Wolfram frowned at the mentioning of food. “No, I'm still a little sickish. But some more water would be nice.”
 
“You should have thought about that before breaking the only glass you had,” Amae muttered. But he turned to the door with the intention to get another one.
 
“Thanks.”
 
Amae stopped in the doorway and turned to look at the blond.
 
“Thanks for everything and especially for yelling at me,” Wolfram said.
 
“I believe you get yelled at by Kohar frequently enough,” Amae sighed, shaking his head.
 
“Yes, but Kohar's yells are worth a dog's piss. -Yours aren't.”
 
Amae blushed faintly then smiled, chuckling. “Gosh. That's probably the lamest compliment I have ever got - isn't even worth a kiss.”
 
“Then how about that glass of water?” Wolfram grinned back at him.
 
Amae only shook his head and disappeared behind the door with a smile on his face.
 
XXXXX
 
After he had slept through the entire night and half of the day, the dizziness retreated and his health was improving fast. He could feel that there wasn't much of Yuuri's power left in him. He didn't have any water element left. Yuuri had set his power so that it would turn into healing majutsu as soon as he was hurt. He had protested against it, but Yuuri was the original owner of the element and Yuuri did as he saw fit, ignoring him and setting up an automatic response in water element to any injuries or illnesses.
 
While he didn't use Yuuri's elements, Faraya wasn't able to detect them, but now, after allowing him to use his fire element, he was able to see his power level. At first that disturbed him but then it became clear that being almost the only one with a considerable amount of power on the planet, Faraya wasn't able to compare power levels. Mazoku weren't able to tell how much power their own bodies accommodated - they were able to only compare others' and only then could tell the difference and see who had more of it. Besides, power without a skillful ability to use it, didn't mean much.
 
Amae was the most powerful of the concubines and obviously Faraya had tried to compare him to Amae. But he probably hadn't been able to do that - most likely the king had allowed him to use his element already after the swapping which made it impossible to tell which one of the mixing elements was his and which belonged to Wolfram; if the king were more experienced with that, he would have known that if he wished to measure the power level of the same element wielder, he should have measured it before the swapping.
 
There was another thing. Amae was a wielder of water element. Now, as Wolfram was allowed to have access to his element, he could also see Amae's power. Amae had plenty of it and more. Living as a Mazoku and amongst them all his life Wolfram knew all about the elements and why one should never compare power level of different element wielders. Those who wielded water always had a much larger amount of raw power in their body than contractors with other elements. They had three or four times more of it and were able to absorb much more foreign elements during power swapping too, but it didn't mean they were stronger - it was just how it was. It was just one of the many nuances and most likely Faraya didn't know this either.
 
Besides, the capacity of raw power never said much about the wielder's ability to skillfully use it. Amae had plenty of it, but Wolfram doubted that the younger male was adept - one needed to train a lot for that and all Amae did was playing cards, listening to Ashiba playing harp or reading. From what he had seen, Amae preferred Faraya's element to his own which let him presume that, except for knowing a thing or two about creating the healing majutsu, Amae was quite hopeless with his own element.
 
He was able not only to see Amae's power level, but now he also could feel Faraya's. He was glad that he didn't try anything against the man - Faraya had at least six times as much power as he. It was not much in comparison and Faraya's power level was nowhere near Yuuri's and he wasn't even sure about Faraya's ability to use it, but the man was deadly dangerous to him.
 
But after he thought about this, he felt much calmer. -If Faraya didn't know how powerful his fire element was, he might allow him to use his fire element and he could make use of it while escaping. He was sure that as soon as Faraya felt him use that amount of power, he would immediately forbid him to use it again but even if one-off, it could be vital, since he had hardly left any of his husband's.
 
Seeing that he was much better, Amae related him everything about his situation. His non-reaction to fire element had shown Faraya that he also wielded the same element. He didn't seem to experience any discomfort, so Faraya had left him alone in his room soon after he was done. In the morning Faraya had gone to Hishin to see over his troops. Faraya had been absent for two days already.
 
Amae wasn't sure why latosa tea had almost killed him but the main speculation was that a full-blooded Mazoku's body reacted to it differently. Wolfram could remember Yuuri avoiding giving him certain things, even though he used them himself. Mostly it was medicine Yuuri used for cold or flu. Yuuri had strictly forbidden him to use any of his medicine. There were some vitamins that Yuuri bought for him but he wasn't allowed to touch anything from his husband's supplies. Now he knew why.
 
Amae's plan was to make Faraya think that he wasn't able to manage that much power after all. The illness hadn't been faked but the cause of it was different. Faraya didn't need to know that. They could make Faraya think that even if at first he was fine, it rebounded on his body later. The king would probably believe that - Mazoku with their blood watered down reacted to power-swap differently.
 
Wolfram had nothing against the plan even if he thought he knew the real reason why Faraya didn't think him dangerous.
 
“Why from all the servants do I only see Lasami around me?” Wolfram asked after Lasami left the room with a tray filled with empty dishes. “Well, Kohar came to me in the morning to try and annoy me but that's another story.”
 
Amae stretched his arms up contently then fell back onto the bed next to him, making Wolfram bounce; he had just eaten, too. “Yeah, I could hear him yelling even in the dining-room,” he chuckled. “They don't like you,” he sighed then, wiggling between the covers. “And after you killed that mouse they think you a monster.”
 
Wolfram turned his head to the side to give him a lopsided grin. “Good.”
 
Amae turned to stare at the ceiling. “You aren't a very sociable person, are you?” he asked. “Ashiba had been…” he shrugged not finishing.
 
“Hmm…” Wolfram drawled neither confirming nor denying. “What did he say?”
 
“Nothing in particular but it seems your coldness hurts him.” Amae sighed. “He's quite sensitive. He's harmless and it won't hurt you if you at least talk to him about weather. Or is it too much to ask?”
 
Wolfram was silent but then nodded. “Why do you care?” he asked.
 
Amae shrugged. “Well, they just gathered around me and consider me their leader. I can play that role, can't I? Especially when it's so easy,” he added, shrugging again.
 
Wolfram turned his head to look at Amae. The big clear blue eyes met his and held his gaze. Amae had saved his life and some of his sanity. He had helped before and was helping now. He knew that mostly Amae took care of him because he was the only ticket to Shin Makoku but there was not only that. There were those minor things that said much about the young man. For example the way those around him trusted and looked after him. Even if the most powerful from them all, Amae didn't use his power unreasonably and gained their trust, but he was young and vulnerable in another way and it was visible.
 
Ashiba, Lokhan, Yasai and even Torani supported him, kept him company if they noticed changes in his mood. Even most servants liked him. Lasami was fond of him as if he was his own son that he could and never would have and wanted to do everything to help him avoid the fate similar to his own. He had seen several others talking and dangling about him, sharing the information from the outside. Most guards didn't like him much because he was the only one who managed to exert his authority over them, but there was a considerable amount of respect coming from them, too. Amae had also made their job easier - before Amae showed up, they had enough work with concubines tearing at each other's throats frequently.
 
Amae was young but had quite sharp edges around him that helped him to survive and find his way around. But under that layer of firmness he was just a young man, very likeable and quite easy going.
 
Wolfram gave Amae a teasing grin. “Aren't you afraid that I might take over your place?”
 
Amae rolled his eyes. “Oh c'mon, if you had wanted that, you'd have done that long ago - I'm not an opponent to you, we both know that. I think I know you well enough to say that power over half-witted concubines in this locked up space isn't something you are interested in. As long as I am not interfering and keeping them away from you, you are content with the situation.”
 
Wolfram nodded. “That's true.”
 
They were silent then Amae sat up. He drew up his legs and leaned his elbows on his knees. “Faraya is coming back tomorrow evening. I'm sure he'll want to see you.”
 
Wolfram scowled. “Yeah, of course he will. Fucker.”
 
Amae sighed. “Well, you can feign fatigue. I doubt he would touch you thinking that you still have trouble with the power he gave you. He is quite reasonable considering that.”
 
Wolfram only snorted.
 
Amae sighed. “Thanks to Kohar you had almost died but because of the drug it wasn't bad and…” His voice faltered at the smile that suddenly appeared on Wolfram's face. It left a very unsettling feeling in Amae's gut.
 
“Oh, I'll say thanks to him,” Wolfram nodded, still smiling. “Be sure of that.”
 
XXXXX
 
Kohar came into Wolfram's room early in the morning and informed him that from now on he was to do kitchen duty. Wolfram just grinned at him and asked if he really was that stupid to think he would obey. Kohar shrugged and called in more servants. That didn't end well as Wolfram set the carpet on fire. Cursing the damn concubine as loud as his smoke-filled lungs would let, Kohar had to retreat.
 
Despite that, Wolfram ended up in the kitchen with Lasami showing him around. Amae and the servant advised him not to go against the king's orders. It appeared that just before he went away, Faraya left the orders to put him into the kitchen as a punishment. And now, after he had regained his strength, Kohar was carrying them out.
 
Wolfram wasn't sure how or why he displeased Faraya this time, but he wasn't against the opportunity to explore the palace. But soon his excitement sank in the kitchen just as fat sank and stuck to the surfaces from frying pans and boiling pots. The heat coming from the pots and the fatty smell of cloud hanging all over the kitchen was not something he was enjoying. The skin on his hands started chapping from the almost boiling water that he was washing the dishes in constantly. The work in the kitchen was considered a disgrace for a concubine and some of the cooks and servants were jeering at him because of the reddish skin and his non-adeptness and after he broke three plates while drying them, they just couldn't walk past him without throwing comments on his “concubine-sized brain”.
 
When he was sent back up to his room, it was already late, he was tired and annoyed and it didn't help any that as soon as he stretched on the bed to have some rest, Kohar entered the room, several others rushing after him with buckets filled with water.
 
“Get the fuck out, every of you!” Wolfram yelled jumping off the bed, having had enough for the day. “I'll bathe when I want to!” He raised his hand and two of four men who had already experienced his wrath in the morning ran to the door, leaving Wolfram with Kohar and one servant who had a bad luck to carry the tub together with Kohar.
 
The superintendent noisily put the tub down in the middle of the room then his head turned to the blond sharply. The other servant set to the task of filling the tub with water. Seeing Kohar's face contort in anger, Wolfram suddenly had a plan.
 
“And why the fuck do you always whisk to and fro before me?!” Wolfram yelled at him, walking back to the bed. He suddenly gave Kohar a jeering grin. “Hoping that I'd fall in love with you maybe?” He laughed loudly at the thought and absurdity of it. “Oh spare me!” he snickered again, cutting the other man off when he opened his mouth. “You aren't even worth dirt on the sole of my shoe! Something like you?!” he sneered, shaking his head in disbelief.
 
“Shut the fuck up, you slut!” Kohar bellowed at him. “One more word and…!”
 
Wolfram flopped onto the bed and burst out laughing at the enraged superintendent's face. “And what?!” he asked. “What?!” He kicked the servant who wanted to drag him to the bathtub away. The servant yelped in pain at the kick then the shout of pain followed as he sprained his wrist while trying to soften the fall.
 
“What can you do to me?” Wolfram mocked Kohar who pushed the wailing servant out of his way and went towards him. “Oh, I know - you'll fuck me to death! -Because all you dream is how to have me, right?!” he howled with laughter. “You?! -Touch me?! You are kidding right?!” Wolfram's eyes narrowed turning into seductive emerald slits and stared right at the other man.
 
The superintendent stood in front of the blond, his breath coming in short enraged puffs, his fists clenched. “You whore, you fucking whore! I'll teach to behave!” he hissed.
 
The blond suddenly hooked his fingers behind the collar of his tunic grabbing the fabric. A loud tear echoed in the room, the tunic splitting at his chest, the rip starting at his neck and going down right to his groin where black underwear was seen. “Someone like you?!” Wolfram laughed. He arched his back and leaned on his arms, throwing his head back so that the blond hair flew all over his face to land in a heap of smooth gold on his nape and shoulders.
 
“Look at me then at yourself, you moron! Look at what you'll never have!” The blond laughed, trailing his hand over his chest then down. “Look carefully, you ugly dog because it's all what you are - a dog! No, even lower than a dog! A bitch! A bitch waiting to fulfill everyone's wish! You want me?!” Wolfram roared with laughter. “You aren't even worth to lick my feet, you scum! You will never have me!”
 
“I'll show you who a bitch here is!” Kohar roared, grabbing Wolfram by his hair and pulling with all his might, making the other shout in pain. He then seized the blond by his arm and tossed him onto the bed, Wolfram bouncing amongst the cushions. His face contorted in fury, he sprang to a disoriented Wolfram to grab him by his already torn tunic.
 
Wolfram yelped and tried to kick Kohar away as the man started peeling the tunic off him. Kohar howled and reeled back as Wolfram kicked him in the stomach.
 
“You fucking slut!” Kohar growled in anger and toppled Wolfram again, wedging forcefully between the blond's thighs. Wolfram winced as his tattered tunic tore beneath the enraged man's fingers then was peeled off completely and cutting into his skin. He wiggled underneath the man, trying to throw him off but it worked only in enticing the man even more. He could feel Kohar's hard shaft pressing against his stomach while Kohar was working the rest of the clothes turned rags off him.
 
“Let go of me!” Wolfram screamed, his nails digging deep into Kohar's skin. “Let go!”
 
“Scream now, bitch! Scream as much as you like!” Kohar growled, snarling. With a strong tug, he got rid of Wolfram's underwear and tossed it aside. He started working on his own belt. “I'm gonna to show you who's in charge here!” He grabbed Wolfram by his neck, slamming his head down into the bedding.
 
Wolfram gagged as much at the constriction around his throat as at the feel of the man's naked penis on his skin. Hissing, he punched Kohar. That made the constriction around his neck loosen but it also enraged the large man.
 
Wolfram yelped as a heavy hand smashed into his face, the blood starting to run down his face. While Kohar was getting comfortable between his legs, Wolfram looked at Kohar through his blurry eyes.
 
Kohar reeled back as a fist returned the favor and smashed into his face. While Kohar was dizzily blinking, Wolfram kicked the man off him. Quickly wiping his bleeding nose, the blond jumped off the bed and ran for the door. He opened the door but didn't manage to even make a step as Kohar grabbed him by his hair and tugged back.
 
“You know, you should stop treating me like a woman…”
 
Kohar screamed as Wolfram suddenly smashed into him, the blond's head almost breaking his jaw and making his teeth rattle and break. Blind fury consumed him and he attacked the blond blindly. Wolfram swiftly deflected his attack and kicked him in the stomach. After getting over the pain Kohar bolted at the blond mindlessly, making them both topple to the floor. Unsuccessfully, the blond tried to fight him off. Grabbing the blond's ridiculously thin wrists in his one hand, he wedged between his thighs, rubbing himself against the naked body.
 
“First I'll fuck your ass then that foul little mouth of yours!” Kohar jerked Wolfram's wrists over his head.
 
“We'll just see about that…” Wolfram said, suddenly rolling them over.
 
Growling, Kohar rolled so that the blond was underneath him again. The blond bucked against him and thrashed and then he was underneath again. Kohar wondered where the blond got so much strength to be able to roll them over. But even if it infuriated him that the blond was still protesting, the nice sliding of their bodies and all that rubbing was enticing him even further.
 
“You're just drawing it all out…” Throbbing in impatience, he lowered his hand to position himself. “Your ass is going to like that, bitch, really love it!” he growled.
 
Wolfram would have rolled his eyes but he was concerned at the actions taking place near his nether regions. “Get off!” he snarled, raising his wrists and pushing Kohar away. “Let go of me!” he yelled when as soon as he got to his feet Kohar smashed into him pushing him to the floor, this time Kohar's chest pressed to his back.
 
“Let go of me!” Wolfram screamed at the top of his lungs.
 
“This is where your place is - on your knees and with your ass high in the air!” Kohar howled. “I'll fuck you until you scream and then…”
 
“Then what?”
 
Kohar jerked at the familiar voice behind him. His heart suddenly in his throat and his blood pounding in his ears he turned around to see Faraya standing farther in the now crowded lounge. When did they get into the lounge?! What, what was…?!
 
Slowly, just as slow as Kohar's breath had become now, the king walked over to them. Wiping still running the blood off his face, Wolfram pushed Kohar away and scrambled from underneath the man to press himself into the corner of the couch that stood farther.
 
“Kohar…” Faraya drawled. “You do know what happens to those who touch what's mine, don't you…?”
 
Kohar swallowed dryly. He really knew. Shiri, one of concubines, was killed only for trying to get Amae blow him.
 
From Faraya, the superintendent's look went to the blond who had squeezed himself fearfully into the corner. The blond was covered in his own blood, his stupid nose not stopping to bleed. Only that now there was no fear on the blond's face. There was… Stunned, Kohar stared into those emerald eyes which suddenly became bottomless and unbelievably green. Suddenly he was able to see through all that artificial disobedience, childish anger and fake fury. The green pools held his gaze unwavering and he saw his death in them, the blond's calm face neither reveling in the fact nor regretting it. The blond had just been playing with him the entire time, the bitch…
 
Faraya snapped his fingers and several concubines with servants jumped back when Kohar burst into flames. The room was suddenly engulfed by the stench of burning flesh. From the flaming noise, the king's eyes fell on the blond who had himself squeezed into the deepest corner.
 
“What the…?!”
 
Everyone's head snapped to open-mouthed Amae who had just entered the lounge. The young concubine had obviously been sleeping, his hair was disheveled and he had only a bathrobe on.
 
“Fire! Fire!” Amae yelled, panicking.
 
A burst of water from nowhere soared and tore through the room. It washed the heavily charred body and tossed it into the opposite wall. The huge wave of water left everyone soaked. Only then Amae noticed the king a bit farther. The king was dripping water and glaring daggers at him. The concubine's hand traveled to his mouth.
 
“Oh,” Amae said. “Sorry. I suppose it was Yours, Your Majesty... I… I'm sorry, I…didn't…”
 
“It's fine!” Faraya snapped at him. “Dress, now!”
 
Amae nodded quickly and disappeared behind the door.
 
“Clean the mess!” Faraya ordered the servants. “And tend to the blond's wounds! Who the hell is the next according to the rank from you?!”
 
“Me, Your Majesty!” Lasami gave a deep bow.
 
“Ah, it's you, Lasami,” the king nodded, remembering his former concubine. “Good. Then you'll be in that idiot's place now. I suppose you won't have difficulties as this one with keeping your dick in pants, right?” he gave a mocking snort.
 
Lasami didn't answer anything only gave another deep bow. The king dismissed him and he went to look at the blond's injuries. Faraya watched the trembling blond intently. There was something wrong with all of this. Kohar had never disobeyed him before, not that he knew of it. In addition to that, the blond was able to wield his fire element now and he knew the blond knew how to - he had felt him use it a few times already, one of which was a huge discharge. Then why the hell did he let Kohar…?
 
The blond wasn't meeting his eyes. Someone brought a robe to cover his nakedness and got him going down to the doctor. The guards at the door unlocked the door and stepped away to let them through. He watched the blond's back disappear behind the heavy doors. The blond had clearly gotten rid of Kohar and expected to get away with it.
 
He turned to the door where Amae appeared, his face reflecting worry. The concubine was wearing a light tunic laced up at the front. He wasn't wearing any of the jewelry, probably having forgotten it at all in that hurry. Would do. He wasn't keen on watching today, anyway.
 
“Come,” Faraya motioned. He wrapped his arm around the slim waist when Amae approached. With contentment, he noticed the concubine jerk at his wet and cold embrace. “Don't worry,” he said while leading Amae towards the exit, “I won't punish you for this. But next time look around first.”
 
Amae nodded. “I'm sorry, I…”
 
“It's fine,” Faraya cut him off. “I said don't worry about it.” The younger male nodded, relaxing against his body in spite of wetness. The guards let them through and they started climbing down the stairs. He sighed and his hand found its way into the smooth long hair on its own. “I missed you.”
 
Amae rolled his eyes. “Oh really?”
 
The king nodded. “Yes, really. I do miss your shouts and curses sometimes.”
 
“Asshole,” Amae scowled.
 
“Do you miss me when I'm away?”
 
“Of course not!”
 
“Not even a little?” the king asked, chuckling.
 
“You are in a weird mood today,” Amae muttered. “Whose body was it earlier? Whom did you kill?”
 
The king smiled. “Well, I believe that for once I can make you happy - it was Kohar. He tried to force himself on our little blond.”
 
Amae stumbled on the steps, but the king's firm arm caught him around the waist again and eased him back into the calm step.
 
“Oh,” the younger man exhaled after a minute. “Is he alright?”
 
“Which one of them?” Faraya laughed.
 
“Wolfram of course,” Amae muttered, glaring at him.
 
“The little weasel is fine. He was in the lounge earlier, but you didn't notice.” Faraya's eyes darkened then. “Watch out for him, Amae. The little fucker is too smart for his own good.”
 
TBC
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
13